Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Sig 226 10 rd mag problems

Has anyone had a problem with 10 rd Sig mags? My buddy had one break in half at an IDPA match about a month ago. The top half is metal and the bottom half is plastic, it snapped right where the plastic met the metal. He checked his other three mags and they were all cracked in the same spot. He wound up having to tape them to finish the match. Has anyone else seen this problem? Also does Sig make all metal 10 rd mags for the 226? He's from the communist state of NY so he can only buy 10rd mags. He called Sig and they told him to send them in and wait 4-6 wks for new mags to arrive. So he would be without a gun for a month or two til the mags arrived. He go them to send him new mags and then he is going to return the old ones when he gets the new ones in.
    Any vote for a third party is a vote for a Democrat. You are the enemy.

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Sig 226 10 rd mag problems

Havent heard much about that. If he is releasing the mags on Concreat or Verry hard ground alot then yea i would expect there would be a problem, How old are the mags why dosent he use hi caps even if it is IDPA where you can only load 10 Rnds. Ony other thing i can think of is the floorplates being weak as hell. I have not seen 226 10rnders in a while now if i were him i would invest in some new 226 mags or used as long as there the hi caps I am reel rough on mags because they can be replaced so i will drop a mag any where i am shooting reguardless on where it is. but this is strange to hear that they were all cracked could just be old lol who knows .
    Does this look like my Care Face.....

(York County)

Very odd. Then again, i've never used a Sig magazine with plastic and metal before, nor would i personally want to. I've never had ANY problems with any of my Sig magazines i have, nor have any of the many friends i know that have Sigs.

Regardless, i'm sure Sig will set you straight. In my experience their customer service is pretty good.

(Allegheny County)

I had an old 10rnd mag fail that same way, but mine was from repeated dropping on concrete during reloads. Sig sent me a new bottom at the time. This was back during the ban though, and I haven't run 10rnd mags in a long time in my P226. As he is stuck in a bad state, I think buying new mags or going through Sig would be the only real options since I've not seen many places still selling those mags outside of the states that require them. Maybe Sig has improved the design since some places still require them?

When I bought my wife the 9mm conversion kit for her P226 it came with a 10rnd plastic and metal mag. I was annoyed because at the time, Sig's site didn't list much about the centerfire conversion kits. So emailed Sig and expressed my disappointment. They thanked me for pointing out the oversight, explained that the 10rnd mags were done for logistical reasons (ie to stay CA compliant), and offered to send me two 15rnd mags for my trouble. They also updated the website so it now shows that the centerfire conversion kits come with night sights and a single 10rnd mag.

Sig is top-notch in my book.

So is it illegal to own high-cap mags in NY, or can you just not buy them there? Like, can you drive into PA, buy some high-caps and go back to NY, or are you breaking the law?

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    When I bought my wife the 9mm conversion kit for her P226 it came with a 10rnd plastic and metal mag. I was annoyed because at the time, Sig's site didn't list much about the centerfire conversion kits. So emailed Sig and expressed my disappointment. They thanked me for pointing out the oversight, explained that the 10rnd mags were done for logistical reasons (ie to stay CA compliant), and offered to send me two 15rnd mags for my trouble. They also updated the website so it now shows that the centerfire conversion kits come with night sights and a single 10rnd mag.

Sig is top-notch in my book.

So is it illegal to own high-cap mags in NY, or can you just not buy them there? Like, can you drive into PA, buy some high-caps and go back to NY, or are you breaking the law?
    He's only had his gun about six months so the mags a brand new. I think the only way he could own high cap mags was if they were pre ban mags. I think Sig makes great guns, but these mags are crap. I think I could literally drive over one of my Glock mags with my car and it would be OK. It looks like the 10rds are the only problem I think their other mags are ok.
    Any vote for a third party is a vote for a Democrat. You are the enemy.

(Centre County)

my only issue with Sig's 10rds mag is that it only holds 10rds!

When I got my 226 combat, NY approved one was only one I could get my hands on, so I had to buy that.
    It came with 3 10rds, and shortly after I bought 226, i bought 15 rder, so i don't have to worry about it.

Speaking of NY being communist state.. I'm in central NY this weekend, and man I can't stand this state.
    No guns, can't buy pistol ammo without pistol permit(Thought about stocking up on 9mm and 45acp at walmart here, since they have like 20 boxes sitting there - appearently noone can't buy them because noone have pistol permit around here), but since i don't have NY pistol permit, I can't buy them. Gas is stupid expensive, along with everything else. Just paid $1.89 for 16oz soda! and who knows how much you have to pay for the pack of smoke..

And to top all that, I just got speeding ticket for 68mph on 55mph!

F!@# this BS state!
    Audemus jura nostra defendere