Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Another Newbie!

(Carbon County)

Default Another Newbie!

Hello all My name is Chris and I am shoot a holic! I just moved to Carbon County after 14 yrs in the Army, injured over in Afghanistan and got myself medically retired. Bastards..lol. On a good note I am back in my home state of good old PA. I was wondering if there are still good guy's out there shooting black powder, I belong to the NSSA and looking for some "Shooting Buddies".
    I shoot many others besides black powder and love to hunt.....small critters to big. I would like to get involved in a good range, I have time to commit. If anyone is willing to point me in the right direction I would appreciate it.

Thanks to all who have served.

(Carbon County)

Default Re: Another Newbie!

First off, thank you for your service!! Bowmanstown Gun Club has a black powder range. A few of us in the Carbon section are members there. We're trying to get a date for a group shoot too.
    <a href=http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e334/Mzalicia20/Image1Custom2.jpg target=_blank>http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e3...ge1Custom2.jpg</a>

(Carbon County)

Matt thanks for the words and the response. That would be great for a group shoot and if you don't mind if I "tag along" I would appreciate it. I am assuming you'll post it of when it will take place? Thanks again!!

(Carbon County)

You should get a membership at Bowmanstown. It's only $25 for the year. They dont allow guests, so you have to be a member to shoot there(for insurance reasons i imagine). I will def post when we have a set date for the shoot! Take care man!
    <a href=http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e334/Mzalicia20/Image1Custom2.jpg target=_blank>http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e3...ge1Custom2.jpg</a>

(Carbon County)

That's great man and appreciate it! I should have some time coming up and I'll take a drive over for a membership. I haven't pulled a trigger in a couple of weeks and going through withdraws. Hey if ya got time before a date is set for the shoot and wanting to burn up some lead give me a haller. Take care, Chris

(Carbon County)

Quote Originally Posted by mattsilf View Post
    You should get a membership at Bowmanstown. It's only $25 for the year. They dont allow guests, so you have to be a member to shoot there(for insurance reasons i imagine). I will def post when we have a set date for the shoot! Take care man!
    Are there any stipulations to joining, or is it open to anyone? I was thinking about joining, but was not sure about it because it is a 45 minute drive for me, but for $25, why not. Plus if no guests are allowed I think it would be worth it for a group shoot, if it ever happens. Where do I get contact info to join. Is there a membership limit? Do i need to know someone? Thanks for the info ahead of time.

I will most likely go down and join ASAP.

Jim
    If zombies start chasing us, I'm going to trip you!

(Luzerne County)

Black powder? I only use that stuff on my morning cereal

Welcome aboard, and THANK YOU for your service and sacrifice.

danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
    you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
    Remember Meleanie

(Bucks County)

a shot a holic....LOL

haven't heard that one before, believe it or not.
    "I Don't Miss"

(Carbon County)

Quote Originally Posted by xd40_jim View Post
    Are there any stipulations to joining, or is it open to anyone? I was thinking about joining, but was not sure about it because it is a 45 minute drive for me, but for $25, why not. Plus if no guests are allowed I think it would be worth it for a group shoot, if it ever happens. Where do I get contact info to join. Is there a membership limit? Do i need to know someone? Thanks for the info ahead of time.

I will most likely go down and join ASAP.

Jim
    Hey Jim, it is open to anyone, and you cant beat it for $25. The range is nice and is kept clean and mowed pretty good. You dont need to know anyone to become a member and i'm not sure about a limit. You could probably find the number in the phone book, but you can also just go there and sign up in the club.

(Carbon County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pa. Patriot View Post
    Black powder? I only use that stuff on my morning cereal

Welcome aboard, and THANK YOU for your service and sacrifice.
    Do you use FFg or FFFg for that? Thanks for the welcome

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast