Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Monroe County)

Default Do we still have to display license? - YES

here it is from the PGC because I know there was some question / concerns

Yes, it still needs to be displayed. There is legislation (House Bill 460) that proposes to remove the display requirement, and thereby allow hunters to place their hunting license in their wallet with other ID. We support this legislation. However, until such time as that bill -- or any other similar legislative proposal -- is enacted hunters and trappers will have to continue to display their license.

Sent: Tuesday, July 07, 2009 12:37 PM
    To: GM, Comments
    Subject: Display licenses?

Good Afternoon,

With the new license that we have received, I’m not sure if we still have to clearly display this on the middle of our backs like we did with the previous license?

Thank You
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(Lawrence County)

Default Re: Do we still have to display license? - YES

So can it just go into a fishing license holder and onto a hat? Or does it still need to be in the middle of your back?

-Chaz
    I like guns... And boobs...

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Chazman321 View Post
    So can it just go into a fishing license holder and onto a hat? Or does it still need to be in the middle of your back?

-Chaz
    middle of your back.
    "I Don't Miss"

(Mercer County)

Quote Originally Posted by RyanXD View Post
    middle of your back.

RyanXD
    If it isn't too much trouble could you please tell/show me the publication that makes that statement. I could not find any reference in the hunting & trapping digest.

Thanks

oracle
    The oracle is in. Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!!

(Lawrence County)

Quote Originally Posted by MOUNTAINORACLE View Post
    RyanXD
    If it isn't too much trouble could you please tell/show me the publication that makes that statement. I could not find any reference in the hunting & trapping digest.

Thanks

oracle
    That's why I was wondering about it, because usually it's in the digest but now it's not...

-Chaz

(Chester County)

I don't think there has been any rhetoric yea or ney regarding the license being displayed in a specific spot, just that it still must be displayed. Now, until such time as a definitive answer comes forth, I'd do the prudent thing and display in the middle of the back, just to be safe. That's what I'll be doing.
    Last edited by Poonie; July 13th, 2009 at 02:19 PM.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Poonie View Post
    I don't think there has been any rhetoric yea or ney regarding the license being displayed in a specific spot, just that it still must be displayed. Now, until such time as a definitive anwer comes forth, I'd do the prudent thing and display in the middle of the back, just to be safe. That's what I'll be doing.
    I just asked the GC, as soon as I get a response I'll post
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(Monroe County)

Nothing has changed.

Sent: Monday, July 13, 2009 2:01 PM
    Subject: RE: Display licenses?

Is there an official ruling somewhere? I know in the past its been clearly written but I want to confirm nothing has changed in regards to having it covered by a backpack or treestand. It would be much more convenient to wear it on my pack or hat but I don’t want to get busted by a warden without knowing the rules.

Thank You

Sent: Monday, July 13, 2009 1:58 PM
    To: 'dredly@ptd.net'

Personally, I’d recommend just putting it in your backtag holder.

Sent: Monday, July 13, 2009 1:50 PM

Good Afternoon,

Until bill 460 passes (hopefully!) does the license have to be displayed on the middle of back like previous years or can it be worn elsewhere like a fishing license, as long as it is displayed clearly?

Thank YOu

There you have it - Nothing has changed. If you wear your license and it isn't on your back you will most likely have issues with wardens.

(Lawrence County)

I called the Northwest Regional Office the other day, and he said it just has to be displayed, and said if I stick it on my hat, that would be fine... He said it just needs to be available for visual inspection in the field... The call was made on July, 14th, at 3:40 pm...

-Chaz

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Chazman321 View Post
    I called the Northwest Regional Office the other day, and he said it just has to be displayed, and said if I stick it on my hat, that would be fine... He said it just needs to be available for visual inspection in the field... The call was made on July, 14th, at 3:40 pm...

-Chaz
    While I doubt they would care that much... I don't really trust them enough to violate what used to be the rule.

I also wouldn't trust a fishing license holder on my back, they aren't nearly as durable as the big back tag holders that are out there

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast