Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
    (Luzerne County)

Default Re: PA trespassing laws

Quote Originally Posted by Kchristy View Post
    That has been resurrected more times from the dead than Jesus himself!
    Quote Originally Posted by shooker8 View Post
    Jesus only came back once... It was resurrected more times than the failing healthcare bill is a much better fit(probably because it will be resurrected again and again just like the healthcare bill in the future).
    Maybe it should be made into a sticky.

Obviously people still have questions on the subject. Crak them if they resurrect a thread. Hammer them if they start another thread on the same subject.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidTM View Post
    Well, your from Greensburg. Perhaps you know more than you post? Do you belong to this Club? My....that dog does look familiar. But then, you don't know me from a cake of soap, so how could you surmise that my "personality" likely got me kicked out of anywhere? And the "fact" that I made a request "through the ADA". What exactly does this mean to you? The "making of a request through the ADA?" Please tell me what that means to you.

But then, hell, this thread is a year old. Why drag up this old crap now? But, since your from Greensburg I'm laughing and spitting coffeI'm not sure why the fact that I'm from Greensburg might make you spit coffee all over your computere at my computer. It's tough to type when coffee is on your keyboard.

Dave

PS, I've always preferred to have a conversation with someone vs. an argument. Conversations seem to develop into the exchange of understandings between both parties. But it's tough to have a conversation when only on party is willing to have it.
    Wow okay..
    no I don't belong to that or any other club. and leave my dog out of it she's a good girl.
    you are right I don't know you all I know of you is what you've posted in this thread . I did not notice how old it was when I read it.
    it is from that I'm able to semis that you're the type to jump to conclusions and then become confrontational.

I do have a pretty good insight to disability and the ADA.
    my wife has MS its a fucking horrible disease. she worked while having the disease for over 10 years before finally going on disability. she had a lot of trouble getting accommodations at her workplace and we thought about going thru the ADA.
    we never did it because we knew it would get ugly if we did.

a request coming thru the ada is really more like a threat. like give me what I want or I will sick the ADA on you. that's what it means to me.
    it would be seen by them as disloyalty to the club.

state game lands has accommodations for disabled people to use ATVs but they don't just let you go bouncing through the woods anywhere you want you have to stay on the designated roads. sure it sucks but those are the rules.

I'm not sure why me being from Greensburg might make you spit coffee all over your computer you might want to see a doctor about that.
    I am guessing you just wanted to slam me and that's the best you could come up with.
    I don't know where you're from other than SW Pennsylvania from your vague location information I would have to jump to the conclusion that paranoia is a possibility.

anyway I hope things work out for you and you find that big buck.
    Last edited by the deer hunter; December 30th, 2013 at 03:48 AM.
    Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition

(Bucks County)

The problem is you already know the land is private, also if you play the ignorance card most likely wont want to hear that

As a moral hunter it is your responsibility to know the land and follow the laws not circumvent them

(Tioga County)

Just random musings from reading a lot of this, but what I never understand about people is if they want to hunt on private property, why not just find and ask the property owner? He might say yes, he might say no.

What ticks me off is when people try to sneak onto your land to hunt or do whatever without asking and even do things like leave their shotshells or brass behind. People put themselves into these adversarial relationships without need and then complain when property owners say bugger off.

Quote Originally Posted by foxfx View Post
    Ok, you don't have to fly off the handle from my question. I'm not talking about sneeking into someone's back yard. By sneaking unto someones property near their house, I'd run a great risk of getting arrested or even shot.

I'm glad you guys have never hunted or fished a piece of privately owned land with out permission. applause.....

I'm talking about an patch of woods far away from any buildings. I would be just doing a set in the guys field about 40 yards off the road. I was just wondering what kind of legal action he could bring against me "if" I was to get hassled. There is no fence and no signs. According to conditions listed in the PA trespass laws, I would not be breaking any of them.
    No one is flying off the handle. If you think so you haven't been on the forum very long and have not seen a good flaming.

You set yourself up for the type of response you received within the first paragraph of your original post.

"I do some fox hunting at night and occasionally I'll hunt a field or wood strip that we don't have permission from the land owner. Sometimes I know who the land owner is, but he don't live locally. I want to make sure that I'm legal doing this. I really don't want to get a citation"

The original post displays a total lack of ethics and respect for the land owner. You know who owns the property, you don't have permission, and you've taken the time to find loopholes in the law to justify your actions. How would you feel if this was your property? Have you not asked permission because you think the landowner will say no?

This may seem like a minor infringement but I think it is wrong. I lost access to my favorite hunting area several years ago because someone else was doing exactly what you are doing. That individual ruined it for all because the landowner now forbids all hunting.

Just because this is a remote property, how do you know there aren't other hunters, campers, etc... present who have permission?

EDIT - Good grief... had I realized this post was dragged back from the dead I would have never commented.
    Last edited by MT1; December 30th, 2013 at 01:52 PM.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by the deer hunter View Post
    Wow okay..
    no I don't belong to that or any other club. and leave my dog out of it she's a good girl.
    you are right I don't know you all I know of you is what you've posted in this thread . I did not notice how old it was when I read it.
    it is from that I'm able to semis that you're the type to jump to conclusions and then become confrontational.

I do have a pretty good insight to disability and the ADA.
    my wife has MS its a fucking horrible disease. she worked while having the disease for over 10 years before finally going on disability. she had a lot of trouble getting accommodations at her workplace and we thought about going thru the ADA.
    we never did it because we knew it would get ugly if we did.

a request coming thru the ada is really more like a threat. like give me what I want or I will sick the ADA on you. that's what it means to me.
    it would be seen by them as disloyalty to the club.

state game lands has accommodations for disabled people to use ATVs but they don't just let you go bouncing through the woods anywhere you want you have to stay on the designated roads. sure it sucks but those are the rules.

I'm not sure why me being from Greensburg might make you spit coffee all over your computer you might want to see a doctor about that.
    I am guessing you just wanted to slam me and that's the best you could come up with.
    I don't know where you're from other than SW Pennsylvania from your vague location information I would have to jump to the conclusion that paranoia is a possibility.

anyway I hope things work out for you and you find that big buck.
    Paranoia is a great word to toss about when a post would rather be "stuffed" under the table than the issue discussed. Attorney's who don't want to deal with an issue or discuss a topic use words such as this to accomplish such a task. (Don't get me wrong, I'm not accusing you of being a lawyer.)

I'm truly saddened to know that your wife suffers from MS. It's a disease that one honestly only knows if you have it, or live with one who has it. I would not wish it on my worst of enemies, except for Al-quada or any terrorist organization who would target women, children, or civilians.

"Using" the "ADA" law in a request was a last resort. Believe me, I had made previous request both verbally and in writing, and they were humble and sincere. In my previous work life I understand the "power" of discussion and open conversation vs a frontal assault with heavy artillery. So, when you bring the heavy artillery its the "last ditch effort" or a "do or die" technique. But, the decision to stay or leave was my option. A rule violation, if there had been one, to toss me out would have been ok with me. But there was none. If there had been, they (the board) would have followed their by-laws and simply given me a hearing, justified the charges and tossed me out. But they didn't.

There are always two sides to every story. The truth lyes (lies?) somewhere in the middle. I recognize this from 25 years of my work experience. I also recognize fairness.

But, 'nuff said.

Daver

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by nater99 View Post
    I think we know that just because a court rules a certain way doesn't mean it's right. How absurd is it that property owners should have to post signs telling people they can't be on the property without permission? Why wouldn't it be assumed that if it's not yours you shouldn't be there? I guess that's just too logical for the legal system.
    I cant remember why the courts decided to rule that way, but they did.

I'm all for private property owner rights, even if it means that property owner has a right to bar possession of firearms on his/her property. There are state and federal laws that I believe shouldn't affect property owners who are within the confines of their land.

We gave up patent and true title/deed to our properties long ago. What little property owner rights that we do have, we need to keep.

So long as a persons actions do not negatively affect the properties of his neighbors - he/she should be able to do as he/she pleases.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

Quote Originally Posted by DavidTM View Post
    Paranoia is a great word to toss about when a post would rather be "stuffed" under the table than the issue discussed. Attorney's who don't want to deal with an issue or discuss a topic use words such as this to accomplish such a task. (Don't get me wrong, I'm not accusing you of being a lawyer.)

I'm truly saddened to know that your wife suffers from MS. It's a disease that one honestly only knows if you have it, or live with one who has it. I would not wish it on my worst of enemies, except for Al-quada or any terrorist organization who would target women, children, or civilians.

"Using" the "ADA" law in a request was a last resort. Believe me, I had made previous request both verbally and in writing, and they were humble and sincere. In my previous work life I understand the "power" of discussion and open conversation vs a frontal assault with heavy artillery. So, when you bring the heavy artillery its the "last ditch effort" or a "do or die" technique. But, the decision to stay or leave was my option. A rule violation, if there had been one, to toss me out would have been ok with me. But there was none. If there had been, they (the board) would have followed their by-laws and simply given me a hearing, justified the charges and tossed me out. But they didn't.

There are always two sides to every story. The truth lyes (lies?) somewhere in the middle. I recognize this from 25 years of my work experience. I also recognize fairness.

But, 'nuff said.

Daver
    I do see your point. I do not think you are paranoid that was an unwarranted slam on my part. for that I apologize.

good luck finding a new hunting spot. I am betting that when you do it will be better than you were at anyway.
    Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678