Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    (Luzerne County)

Default Re: PA trespassing laws

I have attached an article to this post called “Hunting and Posting on Private Land in America” by Mark R Sigmon that (I believe) was originally published in the Duke Law Journal, Vol. 54, p. 549, 2004. The original PDF file can be downloaded from http://ssrn.com/abstract=796284.
    Attached Files Attached Files

(Butler County)

Please Note: The poster was issued an infraction for this post.

WOW..... I can't believe this is even a conversation. What a piece of trash. I actually got on here trying to figure out what my options are to keep my inconsiderate neighbors off my property - signs and verbal requests haven't worked.
    I would say this..... You better hope you don't get caught by the wrong person. I would applaud any land owner who kicked your worthless ass for trespassing. You are the reason hunters have such a bad reputation. A few lowlifes ruin the reputation of a mostly good group of people. You are not a hunter, you are a poacher. Stop thinking about what you can get away with, and honor the spirit of what is right. I assume you grew up without a father to teach you anything, so maybe it's not your fault.... or maybe you just had shitty parents.... but one way or another you are trash.

I also love how you use the term "hassling". You wonder about landowners "hassling" you. They aren't hassling you, asshole, they own the land and you're trespassing on it. If we lived in a more just society, you would have your ass kicked every time you left your house. Unfortunately, idiots like you wouldn't see the justice in that and some poor landowner would get sued for teaching you your lesson -- because clearly you're not man enough to admit when you are wrong.

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by pghsteve View Post
    WOW..... I can't believe this is even a conversation. What a piece of trash. I actually got on here trying to figure out what my options are to keep my inconsiderate neighbors off my property - signs and verbal requests haven't worked.
    I would say this..... You better hope you don't get caught by the wrong person. I would applaud any land owner who kicked your worthless ass for trespassing. You are the reason hunters have such a bad reputation. A few lowlifes ruin the reputation of a mostly good group of people. You are not a hunter, you are a poacher. Stop thinking about what you can get away with, and honor the spirit of what is right. I assume you grew up without a father to teach you anything, so maybe it's not your fault.... or maybe you just had shitty parents.... but one way or another you are trash.

I also love how you use the term "hassling". You wonder about landowners "hassling" you. They aren't hassling you, asshole, they own the land and you're trespassing on it. If we lived in a more just society, you would have your ass kicked every time you left your house. Unfortunately, idiots like you wouldn't see the justice in that and some poor landowner would get sued for teaching you your lesson -- because clearly you're not man enough to admit when you are wrong.

Fucking WOW.

(Lawrence County)

I do believe a licensed furtaker can hunt foxes at night with a firearm equipped with a flashlight... Would have to look into it further, but it would have to be with a furtaker's license...

-Chaz
    I like guns... And boobs...

(Lehigh County)

what the hell just happened?????

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by tonyfac View Post
    what the hell just happened?????
    Zombie necrothread gone rabid?!?

Banned in 3 posts, impressive.....

(Westmoreland County)

I'll take a "stab" at this. I'm no attorney....and this is NOT legal advice. But, from what I've read it's my understanding of the trespassing laws.

#-I believe the landowner must have the property posted no trespassing, or no hunting and the signs must be a "reasonable" distance apart, and be visible to the general public.

#- If the trespasser has received a letter from the property owner or lessor telling him to stay off the property, and the trespasser then is found on said property by the landowner, then the trespasser is subject to "criminal trespass" which is more sever than simple trespassing.

#- Only the Landowner (or the individual(s) who lease the land) can report to the Police that an individual is trespassing on said property. If a neighbor calls the police about someone on his neighbor's property, the police have no legal basis to issue the trespasser a citation for trespassing.

I believe that's a short summary of my understanding.

Feel free to shoot holes.

Dave

(Lawrence County)

Quote Originally Posted by 2kfxtsb View Post
    Zombie necrothread gone rabid?!?

Banned in 3 posts, impressive.....
    This one was the one he got banned for... lol

-Chaz
    I like guns... And boobs...

(Washington County)

Slightly off topic but I don't think it matters at this point. What's with "No Trespassing" signs on residential homes, usually in an urban setting?
    Fortune fingers the fearless

Quote Originally Posted by DavidTM View Post
    I'll take a "stab" at this. I'm no attorney....and this is NOT legal advice. But, from what I've read it's my understanding of the trespassing laws.

#-I believe the landowner must have the property posted no trespassing, or no hunting and the signs must be a "reasonable" distance apart, and be visible to the general public.

#- If the trespasser has received a letter from the property owner or lessor telling him to stay off the property, and the trespasser then is found on said property by the landowner, then the trespasser is subject to "criminal trespass" which is more sever than simple trespassing.

#- Only the Landowner (or the individual(s) who lease the land) can report to the Police that an individual is trespassing on said property. If a neighbor calls the police about someone on his neighbor's property, the police have no legal basis to issue the trespasser a citation for trespassing.

I believe that's a short summary of my understanding.

Feel free to shoot holes.

Dave
    Also note that remaining after being verbally ordered to leave, is criminal trespass. IANAL
    Iconoclastic Individual Specimen

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast