Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Montgomery County)

Default Premetion Violation: Allegheny County - Pittsburg International Airport

So I actually noticed this looking and handgunlaw.us. Just reading their PDF on PA after looking at North Carolina (I am traveling there Wednesday). It seems like a pretty clear preemption violation to me

Under chapter VII "general conduct" applying to chapter 705 Aiports

§ 705-39. Weapons and firearms.

A. No person, except law enforcement officers, post office and custom officials, or members of the Armed Forces of the United States on active duty, shall carry any weapon, firearm, explosive or inflammable material on the airport premises except by specific direction of the Director, the Superintendent of Police or their designees.

B. No person shall transport any weapon or firearm except when it is properly enclosed for shipment and is not in the person's manual possession.

C. No person shall discharge any weapon or firearm at the airport except in the performance of official duties requiring the discharge thereof.
    http://ecode360.com/ecode3-back/getS...5&guid=8485180
    NOTE: Allegheny county homepage directs to ECODE, so I assume its accurate.

Is this old? I have never heard about it before on PAFOA, which I was surprised about. I thought it was just repeating state law regarding pistols (ok you know what I mean, "firearms" that you would need a LTCF to carry concealed) at first. But there is no exception for LTCF holders and it seems to apply to long guns too per the definition in 705-34.

I won't be able to help in the fight to change it since I live on the other side of the state, but someone needs to.
    -Alex

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Premetion Violation: Allegheny County - Pittsburg International Airport

Well the thing is, is that it has been addressed before and the state looks the other way to our requests...

No one has been the guinea pig yet. But I think we just got our first one today according to some other posts, don't worry in due time we will all find out the verdict.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Premetion Violation: Allegheny County - Pittsburg International Airport

The closest I've come is to OC while dropping people off or picking them up from the appropriate area.

I will say that I was never told anything about the firearm, but they do always tend to scream about pulling over and stopping to drop someone off. What am I supposed to do? Ok, mom, since I can't stop to let you out you'll have to exit with the car still in motion. Then, you'll have to wait until I circle again to catch your bags as I throw them out of the window.
    "You want more gun control? Use both hands."

(Lehigh County)

Evidently, someone is in the process of becoming the test case. I don't know any details, it was alluded to in this thread:

http://forum.pafoa.org/open-carry-14...tml#post801603

(Indiana County)

Ok, mom, since I can't stop to let you out you'll have to exit with the car still in motion.
    Stand up, hook up, shuffle to the door, wait for the green light.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ed in PA View Post
    The closest I've come is to OC while dropping people off or picking them up from the appropriate area.

I will say that I was never told anything about the firearm, but they do always tend to scream about pulling over and stopping to drop someone off. What am I supposed to do? Ok, mom, since I can't stop to let you out you'll have to exit with the car still in motion. Then, you'll have to wait until I circle again to catch your bags as I throw them out of the window.
    It doesn't specify OC or CC, basically saying both are illegal. It doesn't say what the crime or punishment would be either. I saw the other thread, and I see someone has been arrested, but not to many details.

(Allegheny County)

The back of the Allegheny County LTCF states "Firearms are prohibited at all airports and federal government facilities." Though I've still CCed at PIT outside of the secured area since I didn't see airports listed in the state law.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by MontCo Alex View Post
    It doesn't say what the crime or punishment would be either.
    Yes, it does.
    Allegheny County Code of Ordinances § 705-47. Violations and penalties.

A. Any person who violates any of the regulations of this article, other than § 705-22 above, shall be subject to one or both of the following penalties: upon conviction of the summary proceeding, violators shall:
    (1) Undergo imprisonment in the County jail for not more than 30 days; and/or
    (2) Be sentenced to pay a fine, to be paid to the use of the County with costs of prosecutions, not less than $25 nor to exceed $100 for each conviction thereof.
    B. The Board of County Commissioners may also prescribe fines and penalties, not exceeding $500, for the violation of County ordinances, which fines and penalties may be collected by suit brought in the name of the County in like manner as debts of like amount may be used for.
    C. Each of the subsections contained in this article shall constitute a separate offense subject to the penalties outlined in Subsections A and B of this section.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Statkowski View Post
    Stand up, hook up, shuffle to the door, ...
    Jump right out and a-count to four.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post
    Jump right out and a-count to four.
    Outboard personnel stand up. Inboard personnel stand up.