Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default Antlerless Deer License Applications

Just figured I would put a reminder out there so nobody forgets that they will start accepting applications for Antlerless Deer Licenses this coming monday July 13th. It's a month earlier than usual and some of you may not be aware of the changes yet. So get out there and pick up your license, send in those apps by friday, saturday at the latest.

One thing I am leery about is the fact that we can apply through any county treasurer for an antlerless license in any WMU. You no longer have to mail your application to a county treasurer in that WMU. I hope it all works out as planned but it seems very simple for things to get messed up. Or even a specific county treasurer giving you your second choice instead of your first just because your money would be going to them.

Example: I chose WMU 3C as my 1st choice, 5D as my 2nd, and 5C as my 3rd choice. I will be mailing to the Delco (WMU 5D) county treasurer b/c it is closer to home and the mail will surely get there faster. But is there a possibility that the county treasurers office may deny my 1st choice and award me my second b/c they will recieve the cash instead of a county treasurer in 3C? I wonder this b/c I know that the cash has to be sent to the county treasurer that awarded the license. It says so right on the envelope. It says, "If applicants select different WMU preferences, a seperate check or money order for each application is strongly recommended." TO me this insinuates that the cash for each and every permit has to go to the issuing WMU. I am sure this will be tracked on their computer system as it goes but they are the ones who award the licenses and file the paperwork before hand. I guess I am just worried about nothing but it could happen.

Just a friendly reminder and wondering if anyone else doubts this new system. I have been awarded every antlerless license I have ever applied for so if something goes awry this year I jnow what to blame.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Antlerless Deer License Applications

Feddog82, thanks for the reminder but I have my envelope all ready to go on Friday. Although you have a good plan to get your application to one of the closest treasurers, which makes you leery. I took a different approach, which also makes me leery. I chose 3D, 4C and 5C, respectively. I will be sending my application to the Carbon County treasurer, which is in WMU 3D in hopes that this would make things a bit simpler, because that is my first choice. But my only concern is with this new antlerless system the treasurers can discriminate against who they want to hunt in their WMUs. Hopefully PALS will have some computer check not allowing this to happen but IDK. I guess I will find out in September. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Feddog82 View Post
    Just a friendly reminder and wondering if anyone else doubts this new system. I have been awarded every antlerless license I have ever applied for so if something goes awry this year I jnow what to blame.
    I expect it to be a cluster f@#k this year.
    I can see the system perhaps being down or a particular county being better staffed or something therefore issuing more permits than a different county.
    FUCK BIDEN

(Monroe County)

this is going to be a disaster. I'm posting for 3d and 5c... but sending to Stroudsburg because it is in area 3d

I don't think the issue will be with county's passing over your location for another one, I doubt the treasurers actually get to keep the money as there is no possible way to do that since the WMU's are in use, not the county lines.

The interesting part is going to come in round 2 when permits are limited and minutes or hours will determine who gets the permits and who does not, normally its first come, first serve, that is no longer the case as its first completed first serve and obviously counties that get more requests will have a disadvantage over those that get less.

I'll be sending mine in on Saturday to Stroudsburg for the first round, I don't know what I'm going to do for round 2 yet.
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(Chester County)

Yep, my envelope is all filled out and ready to go. I'm sending to the county that I'll be hunting in. I don't trust sending to any county treasurer and then hoping I'll get a tag for the WMU I hope to hunt in. I just picture mass confusion, so I am going to try to eliminate any problems the best way I know how.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Poonie View Post
    Yep, my envelope is all filled out and ready to go. I'm sending to the county that I'll be hunting in. I don't trust sending to any county treasurer and then hoping I'll get a tag for the WMU I hope to hunt in. I just picture mass confusion, so I am going to try to eliminate any problems the best way I know how.
    good idea, hopefully it all runs smoothly but I doubt it.
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(Delaware County)

I think I'm going to fill out another envelope. I like the idea of sending to the WMU that I am going to hunt in. That way I can rest easy that they will give me my license since they want the money.

(Venango County)

Basically it's supposed to be a centralized computer system, with operators grabbing a license app, making sure it's valid, and plugging in your first choice, then the second if full, then the third if full as well.....these are county employees who probably won't know much less give a crap which money goes where.....I am sure there will be a huge PGC oversight at the places, this being the rollout of the system. The BIG question is.....the ratio of apps to terminals in any given station, and whether they are gonna work overtime until all apps are completed....IE station A works 8 hrs a day, and has 1 terminal, and 35000 apps, and station B has 8 terminals and working 24 hrs, and processing 80000 apps. Station B will use up available slots faster than Station A ensuring most of the people who sent them there licenses, while the people who sent them to A would be more apt to be out in the cold.

Glock Pistols.......So simple a Caveman could fix them!

(Northumberland County)

i was wondering if you can go to the country treasurers office instead? i was plan on doing that cuz when it comes to mail they like "pick the mail out of a hat" if i show up i get it right there at the desk or no?

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by TXDMERC73 View Post
    i was wondering if you can go to the country treasurers office instead? i was plan on doing that cuz when it comes to mail they like "pick the mail out of a hat" if i show up i get it right there at the desk or no?
    As far as I am aware they MUST be mailed in with a check (no cash)

I'm thinking we should definitely start a "I sent it in on This Day" and the check was "cashed on This Day"

it may help with the second or third round

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast