Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Dauphin County)

Default Targets from my XDm 9

Here's two targets I shot this weekend w/ my new XDm 9 , that was a replacement gun from Springfield for my XD9 that never worked. (lets not get into it, theres a few threads here about that already). I have about 500+ rounds through this gun without a single problem.

20 shots in each target, from 10 yards, first target Fed. Am. Eagle 115gr FMJ,
    second target Fed. Am. Eagle 124gr FMJ. Point of aim was the center of the red. According to the manual it should hit point of aim at 25 yards, so a bit high at 10 is probably right.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

This was the fourth time I shot it. I seemed to think that it liked the heavier bullets from the previous times, and these targets seem to bear that out. With the exception of 2 shots, all of the 124gr are inside the 8 ring, most inside the 9. I know it was only 10 yards, but I'm a bit embarrassed to show the 25 yard targets, in fact I didn't even save them.

Anybody else want to share anything they have learned about different bullet weights from their XD's?

(sorry about the poor picture quality)
    Power always thinks...that it is doing God's service when it is violating all his laws.

(York County)

Default Re: Targets from my XDm 9

no iv been using 115 fed and blazer i just got this gun last week and i am shooting very accurate with it up to 75 feet.

Glad SA did right by you, the XD is a great pistol. I shoot 124's better out of my XDsc 9mm than 115's. With the 115's I seem to get way more fliers for some reason.

Fess

(Allegheny County)

I shot my XDM 9 on independence day. Pure expression of freedom on the best day of the year! You don't want to see my targets at 10 yards. I'm still learning and my shots are all over the place. Getting there though. Perhaps I should try 124g ammo while learning to shoot.