Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Default new job, have to move to PA...HELP

I recently got a new job VERY excited, and i need a little advice, originally I was planning on moving to Columbus with this new job but that fell through, not a big deal. I am just looking for a little input on what will be the best for me.

I have figured out that I will be relocating to eastern Pennsylvania, either the suburbs of Philly or Allentown area, or some where else?? Regardless of where I end up going I will need to be with in one hr one and a half max from the airport (Allentown or Philly’s) or maybe between the two? I have been researching the cost of apartments and basically just getting a bit of a shock!! I was originally planning on spending 500-700 on a one bedroom which won’t get much as I have figured out.

I don’t want to be living in the heart of either city, I prefer to be in a more rural area, I am a farm type person I have horses, and other animals. The animals will be staying home for the beginning. I will be planning a trip down that area this week to find something and just wondered who is around that area that can give me some kind of input its tough when your not from that area and never really been around it. I have been researching areas in Lehigh, Montgomery, bucks and Chester counties. Anyways thanks for any input/heads up at all that you can give me in my hunt for a place to live.

Also can someone fill me in on gun laws in PA? thanks again very much

kk

(Bucks County)

Default Re: new job, have to move to PA...HELP

Quote Originally Posted by kkibbey View Post
    Regardless of where I end up going I will need to be with in one hr one and a half max from the airport (Allentown or Philly’s) or maybe between the two? I have been researching the cost of apartments and basically just getting a bit of a shock!! I was originally planning on spending 500-700 on a one bedroom which won’t get much as I have figured out.
    There is no place within 90 minutes of the PHL airport that is rural and rents for that amount of money. There are suburban rentals for that price range, none enviable.
    Last edited by dgg9; May 27th, 2007 at 06:40 PM.

(Chester County)

The price range and 1 - 1.5 hours to the airports probably puts you near Pottstown. That time to the airport (PHL) will change a lot depending on traffic / time of day.

(Lehigh County)

You're from New York? As far as gun laws are concerned... Just throw all the ones you think exist out of your mind. Open carry, concealed carry (shall issue), you can purchase pistols and long guns at gun shops, pay cash, and walk out with them 5 minutes later, no permits or licenses needed.

As for where to move to.. I live on the south side of Allentown myself, so you'd probably be looking to move somewhere between here and Philadelphia. I'd say Coopersburg is a nice little town, about 5 miles south of Allentown. Quakertown is another 5 miles south of Coopersburg. Those are two places I'd recommend looking at. And as icing on the cake, Coopersburg is home to Defcon-1, my favourite gun shop!

(Lancaster County)

Ya I live in NY right now upstate IM basically in Syracuse. I want rural more that city so I guess I am looking around Lehigh County? I was down in Hamburg not too long ago going to cabalas and really liked that area also. anyone have any other suggestions for areas I am up for anything, just really not familiar with this area

You guys can open carry? Is there much problems with this or is it an accepted process there? I know here it would probably be a disaster.

thanks again

(Lehigh County)

I open carry almost daily. I haven't been hassled about it yet..

(Delaware County)

I live in boothwyn, It is possible to find a 500-700 apartment here, im 20 minutes from PHL. Area isnt much as far as farms anymore, however you will still see a farm here and there. As far as gun laws search for PA UFA thats the uniform firearms act. As long as your in pa theres only one set of rules to follow.

slightly higher than what your looking for Meetinghouse appartments mid 700's (888) 724-2613 ext. 6244 - 2 miles off exit 1 of I 95
    I know theres alot more apartments, but i cant seem to find them right now.

(Luzerne County)

I live close to Wilkes-Barre and Hazleton - both of which are about an hour or an hour and fifteen minutes North of Allentown. Property is cheap, rent is cheap, and you can live in the county but still be 15min from grocery stores etc.

(Chester County)

I live in the Phoenixville/Pottstown/Royersford area. You may be able to find a decent apartment in this area. The airport travel time will vary alot though depending upon time of day and accidents/construction on the "Surekill" expressway.

(Lehigh County)

You may consider the SW corner of Lehigh County, Upper Bucks, Eastern Berks County Emmaus, Macungie, Alburtis, Breingsville, Topton, Coopersburg areas. I have a friend who is a realtor with some rentals possibly in your $ range.

I like the area, no less than a dozen shooting ranges and almost as many gun shops with-in a 30 (+/-) minute drive, 40 minutes from ABE, 1-1/2 hr to PHL or EWR.
    Veritas Vos Liberat

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast