Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Hi Point .380

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Hi Point .380

sketchy aint the word. southwest philly aint what it used to be. 70th n Elmwood. it seems like nowadays there sre three stupid trends... being in a gang (or claiming to be a gang member but knowing nothing of the history behind it all), being pregnant and last but not least, being what i call a "skinny jeans gangster". you know the guys withbthe jeans on tighter than that hot chick down the street who youve had your eye on for the past few weeks.

i figure if im lucky i will only have to use it no more than two times, god forbid i have to use it at all. but its getting a bit to crazy out in these streets for me. ppl are killing cops now. its a shame.

but to get back to reguarly scheduled programming, can anyone recommend any good revolvers in my price range AFTER taxes? lol its a longshot but doesnt hurt to ask...i might even settle for a nice shiny "2 shot" oh and would it be wise to try a pawn shop? i think i'll google some more

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by kashief View Post
    sketchy aint the word. southwest philly aint what it used to be. 70th n Elmwood. it seems like nowadays there sre three stupid trends... being in a gang (or claiming to be a gang member but knowing nothing of the history behind it all), being pregnant and last but not least, being what i call a "skinny jeans gangster". you know the guys withbthe jeans on tighter than that hot chick down the street who youve had your eye on for the past few weeks.

i figure if im lucky i will only have to use it no more than two times, god forbid i have to use it at all. but its getting a bit to crazy out in these streets for me. ppl are killing cops now. its a shame.

but to get back to reguarly scheduled programming, can anyone recommend any good revolvers in my price range AFTER taxes? lol its a longshot but doesnt hurt to ask...i might even settle for a nice shiny "2 shot" oh and would it be wise to try a pawn shop? i think i'll google some more
    extremely doubtful...you find one for that price and i'll buy 3, well i have seen cheap ones on a site someone from here turned me onto but there back ordered till the 2nd coming probably.

(Philadelphia County)

well i guess i'll have find a guy in some dark alley... maybe if i can sell 2 or 3 "beats" that will be an extra 2 or 300 in my pocket when it comes time to make a purchase... everybody wish me glock...

(Armstrong County)

Try a charter arms, or tauris. They run new in the $350 range. I picked up my tauris 85 snubby at a gun show for $80 used, it didnt even have the blueing ring worn on the cylinder.

(Philadelphia County)

i was ironicly looking at an all black taurus 85 when the email came through on my phone notifying me about this post lol... i was also thinking about how a friend of mine's uncle just got a new hi point c9 and a used S&W .500 and the one thing that i hate about hi pount...and glocks is that the hammer is hidden...i like to be able to de-cock...

(Beaver County)

A glock is always decocked until you pull the trigger. Nice you are doing some research. Be safe good luck. Rep coming for your research. Mtn Jack
    In a world of compromise some men dont.

(Armstrong County)

They are not truly cocked as a traditional gun is, IE a 1911, The reason to decock is so the hammer can not accidently fall. As the Double Action Only pistols do not have an external hammer, there is no way for it to drop. Also Most of them are disconnected until the trigger is pulled. This is where "Safe Action Pistol" comes from

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by kashief View Post
    i was ironicly looking at an all black taurus 85 when the email came through on my phone notifying me about this post lol... i was also thinking about how a friend of mine's uncle just got a new hi point c9 and a used S&W .500 and the one thing that i hate about hi pount...and glocks is that the hammer is hidden...i like to be able to de-cock...
    There are many inexpensive guns that will serve you well.

Look into the Sig p6. One just went for 350$ on the forum. Sig is more of a gun than the other ones you are looking at will ever hope to be.

Taurus makes a lot of good S&W clone revolvers that can be had for 200-250 used.

Kel-tec makes the p-11 that can be had for about the same.

You can sometimes find a used Beretta 96d for about 300-350 as well.

I found both triggers to be terrible to me so the triggers are on a scale to me.. The Glock was a crisper suck and the XD was a more mushy suck. They are in the same family, SR9 (heavy suck), Glock (crisp heavy suck), XD( lighter mushy suck), M&P(heavy mushy suck).

(Northumberland County)

a hi point CF .380 is around 130.00 brand new its not bad for a starter gun but only problem is very hard ot find the ammo for it u can try a 9mm hi point almost same and a little bit easier to find ammo for it . heres a pic of a hi point CF .380 is that what your looking for? its good for a beater gun but i wouldnt want to carry one..

(how the hell did that pic disappear and appear with that other one?)

Last edited by TXDMERC73; July 20th, 2009 at 05:02 PM.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by TXDMERC73 View Post
    a hi point CF .380 is around 130.00 brand new its not bad for a starter gun but only problem is very hard ot find the ammo for it u can try a 9mm hi point almost same and a little bit easier to find ammo for it . heres a pic of a hi point CF .380 is that what your looking for?

I know looks don't mean crap in a SD situation, but DAMN that is an ugly gun.

It's almost TT33 ugly!

I found both triggers to be terrible to me so the triggers are on a scale to me.. The Glock was a crisper suck and the XD was a more mushy suck. They are in the same family, SR9 (heavy suck), Glock (crisp heavy suck), XD( lighter mushy suck), M&P(heavy mushy suck).

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast