Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Rossi 357 wheel

Default Rossi 357 wheel

Anyone have experience with these, range reports etc? I just picked one up and haven't gotten a chance to shoot it yet.
    Owner of EMac's Tactical - www.emacstactical.com

(York County)

Default Re: Rossi 357 wheel

one of my friends has one. I shot it and it kicked like a mule. it was a snubby. It also locked up him once while we were there but he was able to get it working again. He said that it does that sometimes and kept on shooting. don't know what the issue was. might wanna look into a used smith if money is tight.

(Monroe County)

I have the model # 462 which is the Polished stainles steel model , 2 inch snubby in .357, yes it kicks like a Mule, its a .357 snubby. Just shoot .38's out of it problem solved, just keep the .357 mags for when you need them.

Mine has no failures what ever, excellent handgun, money well spent, any .357 snubby that i can take out of the box , dont even clean it just put a target out at 25 yards and shoot out the bullseye is darn good gun, mine is nice and tight , nothing , loose .

I shoot Rossis better than Taurus because of the better grip angle on the Rossi.

Yes they will bind up because they are now being built to Taurus specs, which means a very tight cylinder gap, mine measures a tight .004.
    Just get a piece of RIG cloth and wipe down the front of the Cylinder from time to time at the range.
    Nyman

(Dauphin County)

I have a stainless Rossi with a 6" barrel. I don't remember the model number, but it shoots well and I haven't had any problems. I bought it used and I shot at least 500 rounds through it without a hitch.

sounds good, thanks. I put some 357 through it lastnight and it kicks like a mule
    Owner of EMac's Tactical - www.emacstactical.com

(Lancaster County)

Unfortunately my R$ossi was a pos almost from the start. When it worked I was impressed with its accuracy and consistency. I had two problems over about 6 months and the gun was in Florida at the repair center for a total of about 16 weeks. 8 weeks each time. After it came back from a trigger problem the second time I got a bind up early in my first range trip. I wiped it off and took it right to a shop for consignment. Its the only gun I ever felt guilty about selling. I know there are lemons and I know mine was exactly that.I wish you great luck with yours.....happy shooting.

(Cumberland County)

I have the 462 357 magnum and I really enjoy it. Like everyone has said, with 357 rounds it really kicks ! I shoot +P or just 38 specials most of the time. Great grips on it, nice finish, have not had any issues yet - about 1 yr. old !