Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Default Looking for new shooting range

So my membership is up at Mt. Joy sportsman. Ive decided I am not going to renew there. They just dont have what I want and the drive is to far.
    Does anyone have any suggestion on where o join? Here is what Im looking for....

Indoor and outdoor pistol range ( no lead only bullet restrictions ), prefer a area to do defensive shooting as well.

Outdoor rifle range - out to 200 yards , would prefer 300

Trap or skeet shooting.

Archery range ( indoor or outdoor )

( none of this limit of rounds in magazines either )

Would love to find a club that has other PAFOA members and that holds gatherings.
    Looking for one in the Lancaster , Willow Street or Eastern York area. I live in Mountville.

Thanks in advance guys.
    No longer posting

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Looking for new shooting range

Have you looked into Southern Lancaster County Farmers Association?

http://www.slcfsa.com/
    "I rather die on my feet than live on my knees" ~George Washington~

(Lancaster County)

I've also been researching this for a while, as I'm going to join somewhere soon.

Unfortunately I think you're going to be disappointed. From what I gathered, only Mount Joy and Manheim offer indoor ranges, and both are lead nose only.

The only place that I heard that allows FMJ indoors and allows for defensive shooting is Palmyra, and that's a lot further from you than Mt. Joy.

SLCFSA is supposed to be good, but its about 15min south of Willow Street, and it doesn't have an indoor range (I'm looking for an indoor range to shoot in the winter).

Seems that Mt. Joy is the the best suited for you, unless you want to travel.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by riverpirate View Post
    So my membership is up at Mt. Joy sportsman. Ive decided I am not going to renew there. They just dont have what I want and the drive is to far.
    Does anyone have any suggestion on where o join? Here is what Im looking for....

I am a member at the Palmyra Sportsmans Assn and it appears to meet your requirements if you are willing to drive there

Indoor and outdoor pistol range ( no lead only bullet restrictions ), prefer a area to do defensive shooting as well.

Indoor pistol range is open 24/7/365 and pretty much anything but Armor Piercing is allowed. If you go at night there is no one there to "interupt" your training/practice. SFN and I have been in there at midnight a few times.

Outdoor pistol range(s): There are 5 pistol ranges, 3 of them are action pistol pits with steel targets and/or bowling pins. The other two have boards to attach your target. The range provides basic bullseye targets included in your membership fee.

Outdoor rifle range - out to 200 yards , would prefer 300

Rifle range goes to 200yds, I have never seen anyone but me on the 200yd lanes.

There is also an indoor Air/Rimfire rifle range.

Trap or skeet shooting.

There are multiple trap ranges including a wobble trap range. There are even leagues to do this type of shooting.

Archery range ( indoor or outdoor )

Both. Outdoor has multiple ranges and targets.

( none of this limit of rounds in magazines either )

Not Applicable at Palmyra.

Would love to find a club that has other PAFOA members and that holds gatherings.

Myself and SFN are members here as well as a few others. I think True Crimson joined as well. There are others but I can not list them all. We have not had an official "gathering" since I have been a member but it would be a good place to have one.

Looking for one in the Lancaster , Willow Street or Eastern York area. I live in Mountville.

Well you got me there... a little further away for you.

Thanks in advance guys.
    In addition to the shooting options, this club has:
    1) A youth rifle team that is pretty good. One of the shooters is going to the Olympics. AFAIK she will be competing in Air Rifle and Small Bore Rifle.
    2) Excellent trout fishing on club waters, which is a couple of miles of the Quitapihilla (spelling?) Creek.

The fees are higher than most places in the Area but you get so much more. New members $80.00 and renewals are around $70 per year but that includes the entire family.

If you would like a tour and do a little shooting let me know. I am always looking for an excuse to hit the range.
    When you are called a racist, it just means you won an argument with an Obama supporter.

(Lancaster County)

How about Millcreek sportsmen,indoor pistol, .22 rifle indoor, 25 yd pistol outdoor,50yd rifle 100yd rifle archery range, millcreek runs through the grounds.No bullet restrictions outside no magnums inside. Website is www.millcreeksportsman.com
    I'd rather be judged by twelve than carried by six!

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by duane1 View Post
    How about Millcreek sportsmen,indoor pistol, .22 rifle indoor, 25 yd pistol outdoor,50yd rifle 100yd rifle archery range, millcreek runs through the grounds.No bullet restrictions outside no magnums inside. Website is www.millcreeksportsman.com
    any pistol indoors? 9mm , 40 S&W , if so count my in . Do you need a sponsor to join?
    No longer posting

(Lancaster County)

Yes pistol indoors, stop by Sunday 12:00 to 2:00 the club is open for public use of the indoor range. pm me when you want to check the place out if you can't make it on a Sunday. Saturday is OK and I can be there around 4:00 weekdays.

(Lancaster County)

Im going to take you up on this offer in the next week or so. I checked out the website and not alot of info there right now. It looks like they are redoing it maybe? The best time for me would be a weekday afternoon. Not sure when yet but I will get with you to set something up.
    Thanks !
    No longer posting

I know it's kinda a fardrive form Lancaster town.

I'm a member at Palmyra Sportsman's as well and it's well worth the $$ to be able to shoot pistol indoors in the winter time. Even at 3:00 am if I can't sleep and am bored.

Unless it's around hunting sesaon, basically the two weeks before, most of the time during the week I never see anyone else during the days when I shoot.
    Honesta Mors Turpi Vita Potior ~ 3%

(Lancaster County)

Sounds good I can always take a half day vacation. Besides shooting is more fun than work.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast