Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Armstrong County)

Default Response from Senator Casey

I sent Casey an email of my oppisition th the American Clean Energy and Security Act of 2009 and here is what I got back.

I have blood shooting out of my eyes after reading this.

Dear Mr. Stephan:

Thank you for taking the time to contact me regarding climate change. I appreciate hearing from all Pennsylvanians about the issues that matter to them most.

The international scientific community concluded human activities that add a large amount of heat-trapping greenhouse gases, such as carbon dioxide, to the atmosphere are a leading cause of climate warming. I believe Congress must take action to reduce and eventually reverse the hazardous effects of climate change, including extreme weather, famine, population displacement and the escalated spread of disease.

The House of Representatives recently considered global warming legislation. H.R. 2454, the American Clean Energy and Security Act of 2009, introduced on May 15, 2009 by Representative Henry Waxman of California and Representative Ed Markey of Massachusetts, takes a comprehensive approach to reducing greenhouse emissions through a number of proposed programs, such as capping carbon emissions, renewable energy requirements and energy efficiency standards. H.R. 2454 passed the House on June 26, 2009. When this bill comes before the Senate, it is likely that the Senate will divide the contents into two separate pieces of legislation, one focused on global warming policy and one on energy policy.

As the Senate considers global warming legislation, I will continue to advocate strongly for the people and the economy of Pennsylvania. In fact, I have introduced a bill focused on climate policy, S.1134 the Responsible Use of Coal Act, focused on carbon capture and storage technology. I am also working on a program which provides assistance to workers as they train for new clean energy jobs in a transitioning economy. In addition, I introduced a budget amendment for funding to help accelerate research and development of carbon capture and storage technology in the fiscal year 2010 Budget. Throughout the upcoming debate I will continue to fight to ensure that clean coal is included in the national strategy to reduce carbon emissions, and that affordable electricity and assistance to ratepayer programs remain available. It is of great importance to me that American families are not left behind as the country addresses the challenge of global climate change.

As a member of the Foreign Relations Committee, I am also closely monitoring international negotiations leading up to the United Nations Climate Change Conference in Copenhagen this December. I believe that a global agreement is necessary to alleviate rising energy prices, to transform the world economy, and to protect our national security.

If done properly, our national global warming policy will reverse the global environmental impacts of man-made greenhouse gas emissions while cultivating new clean energy jobs, re-energizing the manufacturing sector in Pennsylvania, and revitalizing the national economy. Please be assured that I will keep your views in mind as I continue to work with my colleagues in the Senate to develop climate legislation that will help Pennsylvania’s workers and economy.

Again, thank you for sharing your thoughts with me. Please do not hesitate to contact me in the future about this or any other matter of importance to you.

If you have access to the Internet, I encourage you to visit my web site, http://casey.senate.gov. I invite you to use this online office as a comprehensive resource to stay up-to-date on my work in Washington, request assistance from my office or share with me your thoughts on the issues that matter most to you and to Pennsylvania.

Sincerely,
    Bob Casey
    United States Senator

Argggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggh...... ..............

An OC Activist and 1 of the 3%
    Ed Stephan
    FeedBack: https://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.p...ight=edstephan
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3790&dateline=1331561  797An OathKeeper and OC Activist, 1 of the 3%, Ed Stephan

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Response from Senator Casey

I got the same reply.

Dagnamnit!
    FNX-9 Two-tone

(Delaware County)

Casey and Specter are the worse 2 things about living in PA!!! Add Rendell to that mix, and you got 3 strikes ..
    NRA Training Counselor, Chief Range Safety Officer, NRA Benefactor Member

(Chester County)

I got the same damn email response today too.
    Μολὼν λάβε

(Westmoreland County)

I received the same reply. Only the name was changed by his computerized assistant.

(Armstrong County)

Me too ........... and my reply!

Senator Casey,

Your return e-mail implies you will vote for H.R. 2454 and that is just not acceptable. Please note that my vote for your re-election will be lost if you choose this path.

Sincerely,

BD
    The original point and click interface was a Colt Peacemaker!

Casey just runs in lockstep with the liberals. We have no hope with this guy in office. I just can't understand how folks can vote for these yahoo's. Pa national politics is just dead for those who love liberty. I send this guy e-mails too. The last one I asked him how much of my paycheck he's gonna want. Half, Three quarters? Just makes a person sick!

(Berks County)

Casey's a Trojan Horse for the bolshevik wing of the Democratic Party. So it's really unsurprising that Casey drinks the global warming Kool-Aid. Given the choice he'll pimp for an "assault weapons" ban as well.

This is what happens when PA voters engage in cognitive dissonance instead of performing due diligence research on the candidates before voting.

(Lackawanna County)

ten characters

Attached Images Attached Images
    "...a REPUBLIC, if you can keep it."

(Berks County)

Awesome! I think that applies to all those in D.C. now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast