Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Centre County)

Default Thread Title Changes

Is there a way to change the thread title to reflect something that has changed. I am looking to change the thread title that someone sees when they go to that section. Here is my example:

I started a new thread in the Classified - Firearms section. The thread title was "WTS M1 Carbine". 2 days later I sold the firearm and to preclude people from opening the thread just to see that I have sold it, I would like to modify the original thread title to say "WTS M1 Cabine**SOLD**"

I tried using the Advance setting under edit where it wold let me edit the thread title, but it did not change the thread title that you see under Classified, Firearms.

Did I miss something somewhere? If not, I would like to see this as then when something is sold the seller can put this up so people see it is sold. Or, should I just delete the thread altogether? If this is the best option how do I do that?

As always thanks for the help.
    Ron USAF Ret E-8 FFL01/SOT3 NRA Benefactor Member

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Thread Title Changes

Unfortunately as far as I can tell there is no way non-moderators can change the title of a thread in vBulletin. I would suggest just editing your original post to say that it is sold.
    Dan P, Founder & President, Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    Purchase a Forum SubscriptionBuy some PAFOA MerchandiseHelp PAFOA's Search Engine Ranking

Quote Originally Posted by danp View Post
    Unfortunately as far as I can tell there is no way non-moderators can change the title of a thread in vBulletin. I would suggest just editing your original post to say that it is sold.
    Actually, if you go to the original post and you are the original poster, hit edit, when the page comes up, hit advanced edit, and you can change it there
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchy View Post
    Actually, if you go to the original post and you are the original poster, hit edit, when the page comes up, hit advanced edit, and you can change it there
    That's awesome, I never knew that.
    Dan P, Founder & President, Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    Purchase a Forum SubscriptionBuy some PAFOA MerchandiseHelp PAFOA's Search Engine Ranking

(Delaware County)

Hey Frenchy, I have tried that and although you can change the title on that particular post, it does not change the title in the "Forum Listings" nor does it change all the reply posts in that thread. For example, on the post linked below, I changed the original post title after another thread was started with the exact same title "Memorial Day" http://www.pafoa.org/forum/lounge-10...html#post66735

That individual post's title did in fact change but that's the only place the title changed, if you look in the forum list view you'll see that the title change was not affected as seen here: http://www.pafoa.org/forum/lounge-108/

Two separate Memorial Day posts, my change was not reflected.

If you have a thread you started maybe you can try your suggestion to see if it works, changing the title on more than the original post and in the forum list as well. I f so, then would you please explain the exact steps you took.
    Thanks, Bill

Default Thread Title Changes / and correction

You are right, it doesnt change the posts after the first, or the title, but when people go there, they would see "SOLD" and if th efirst and last post represent "Sold" it will accomplish what the op needs/wants
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Thread Title Changes / and correction

You are right, it doesnt change the posts after the first, or the title, but when people go there, they would see "SOLD" and if th efirst and last post represent "Sold" it will accomplish what the op needs/wants
    Thanks Frenchy, no problem, the way I read the original post the author wanted to change the title so you could see the item sold in the forum listings, without opening the thread too.

(Centre County)

Soberbyker,

Your last post is correct. I figured it would save someone from opening the thread and then seeing it was already sold.

Frenchy,

I tried that and as you also found out it doesn't change the main title.

Thanks to all, maybe we can figure something out.

(Dauphin County)

Cool Re: Thread Title Changes

moaha player has the deal down cold. Just change the original thread text to

......sold......

When you put the cursor on the title the pull down says .....sold...... as the preview of the post.
    "May the seed of your loins be fruitful in the belly of your woooman" Neil, The Young Ones

If 6 outta 10 women are battered.....How come I'm eatin mine plain?

(Centre County)

PaDave,

That is another way to do it but I was really looking for a way so that a person doesn't even have to do that.

Thanks for the input.