Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Primers

The only part of a bullet that is actually an explosive, can be slow or fast, depending on the porpelent you use it could matter quite a bit, on a slow propelent, you want a fast primer, on a fast propelent, you can use slower propelent, an other thing you might encounter if you go into shot is once shot, or recylced shot.

generally when you buy a bran of pre constructed bullet, you dont worry so much about any of the components as you will about how efficient it is with your particular gun, 2 people can have the exact same model gun, yet one will not feed one "brand" and the other will... guns are very much like people, for example, my 12g mossberg will not feed reloads, yet many do. just as 2 cars may be the same year/model and yet not drive the same, mechanics are funny like that, after all a gun is a mechanical part.
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

(Dauphin County)

Primers: The bullet manufactures go through alot of testing to supply us with a safe start load and and a safe MAX load and I will usually stick with the primer they used just to keep one variable the same as the supplied data, if I'm new to the cartridge being loaded and they are readily available locally. I usually don't sweat it if I must sub for another primer til I get closer to the maxload or if I'm putting together a plinker load.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12