Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Pa Contractor's Act @%&)(*

The Pa contractor act was to be a registration so contractor's wouldn't have to register in every little township there is ( or at least that what was told to us . I didn’t even know that it was voted on or past . I just found out about this law it goes into effect on 7/1 But when I went to the web site to get registered I was totally shocked what we were asking for WTF . They wont My full league name Date of birth /home phone number /home address / work phone number (and the big stuff ) SS number (even if incorp) drives licenses number And EIN number .And business address Any license you have now and will still need to get if I work in the township. Any league action against you . And then they will give you a PA contractor number and must of the info above will be posted on the net . This act does nothing for consumer but make it essayer to be a victim of indemnity theft And the big builders are not covered by this WTF. I have decided not to sign up and close shop!! I have only doing this for 18 fulltime 27 years totally. I will not put my home address on anything or anywhere . Why do you ask .I don’t wont sales men coming to the house for anything. Let a lone anything else. There a pain to deal with .( i had one that blocked the drive way one day and i had broken sewer line call filling the basement call to go on and he wouldn't move the POS car until a gave him 5 minutes . I finally drove over the lawn and jumped the curb . And now this is going to go on the web ..... I wonder if they are going to sell this info to anyone who wont it . After all is this info covered under the freedom information act????? There is no way on god green earth this good for anybody but lawers. I havent figgered out how yet . Yes I know there contractor that are bad . But if they would in force the laws on the books they would have gotten rid of them a long time ago .
    YOUR THOUGHTS
    Last edited by G10mm; June 28th, 2009 at 09:58 PM.
    Laws that forbid the carrying of arms ... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. ... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." Thomas Jefferson - Commonplace Book 1774-1776

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Pa Contractor's Act @%&)(*

uuhhhh.....what?
    I can tell you've been rady8ed, you have a nice glow about you.

Quote Originally Posted by G10mm View Post
    The Pa contractor act was to be a registration so contractor's wouldn't have to register in every little township there is ( or at least that what was told to us . I didn’t even know that it was voted on or past . I just found out about this law it goes into effect on 7/1 But when I went to the web site to get registered I was totally shocked what we were asking for WTF . They wont My full league name Date of birth /home phone number /home address / work phone number (and the big stuff ) SS number (even if incorp) drives licenses number And EIN number .And business address Any license you have now and will still need to get if I work in the township. Any league action against you . And then they will give you a PA contractor number and must of the info above will be posted on the net . This act does nothing for consumer but make it essayer to be a victim of indemnity theft And the big builders are not covered by this WTF. I have decided not to sign up and close shop!! I have only doing this for 18 fulltime 27 years totally. I will not put my home address on anything or anywhere . Why do you ask .I don’t wont sales men coming to the house for anything. Let a lone anything else. There a pain to deal with .( i had one that blocked the drive way one day and i had broken sewer line call filling the basement call to go on and he wouldn't move the POS car until a gave him 5 minutes . I finally drove over the lawn and jumped the curb . And now this is going to go on the web ..... I wonder if they are going to sell this info to anyone who wont it . After all is this info covered under the freedom information act????? There is no way on god green earth this good for anybody but lawers. I havent figgered out how yet . Yes I know there contractor that are bad . But if they would in force the laws on the books they would have gotten rid of them a long time ago .
    YOUR THOUGHTS
    Erm, someone needs to collect their thoughts, then write them in NON run on sentences, with paragraphs and punctuation cause I (and I think others) have NO FREAKING IDEA what you are talking about!

Quote Originally Posted by dc dalton View Post
    Erm, someone needs to collect their thoughts, then write them in NON run on sentences, with paragraphs and punctuation cause I (and I think others) have NO FREAKING IDEA what you are talking about!
    Spell-check would be nice, also.

(Luzerne County)

You might want to read the actual Pennsylvania Home Improvement Consumer Protection Act before you rail against things which won’t happen.
    73 P.S. § 517.3. Registration of contractors.

(a) General rule.--No person shall hold himself out as a contractor, nor shall a person perform any home improvement without first registering with the bureau, as provided for in this act.
    (b) Public access to registration information.--The bureau shall maintain a toll-free telephone number from which a caller can obtain information as to whether a contractor is registered with the bureau pursuant to this act, as well as information that may be obtained on the bureau’s Internet website.
    (c) Confidentiality of personal information.--The bureau shall create a policy for the disclosure of personal information to the public. The bureau may not disclose to the public a contractor’s Social Security number, driver’s license number or any confidential information prohibited by law from being disclosed, provided that a contractor’s home address and home telephone number shall be disclosed only if it is also used as the contractor’s business address and business telephone number.
    (d) Nongrant or renewal of license.--The Department of Banking shall not grant or renew a license to any person registered, or required to be registered, as a home improvement contractor pursuant to any of the following:
    (1) The former act of December 12, 1980 (P.L. 1179, No. 219), known as the Secondary Mortgage Loan Act.
    (2) The act of December 22, 1989 (P.L. 687, No. 90), known as the Mortgage Bankers and Brokers and Consumer Equity Protection Act.

Quote Originally Posted by fingers80002 View Post
    Spell-check would be nice, also.
    Well considering the OP I thought that might be asking too much. Must be an IE user cause FF AND Chrome have spell check built in.

OK your right i need to collect my thoughts and right better .

JCWohlschlag Re: Pa Contractor's Act @%&)(*

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(c) Confidentiality of personal information.--The bureau shall create a policy for the disclosure of personal information to the public. The bureau may not disclose to the public a contractor’s Social Security number, driver’s license number or any confidential information prohibited by law from being disclosed, provided that a contractor’s home address and home telephone number shall be disclosed only if it is also used as the contractor’s business address and business telephone number

In the copy I got this stuff wasnt in there .
    Qusetion? If this infomation isn't going on the web WHY ARE THEY Getting it ??
    Laws that forbid the carrying of arms ... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. ... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." Thomas Jefferson - Commonplace Book 1774-1776

Well considering the OP I thought that might be asking too much. Must be an IE user cause FF AND Chrome have spell check built in.
    spell is built in and it work so good!!!!!!NOT

(Bucks County)

You don't have to register with the state. It is your option. Feel free to keep shelling out +/- $100 to each municipality in which you do work to register locally. Every municipality in which I work will continue to accept your hard earned dollars if you want to contribute them.

Personally, I think if there is going to be contractor registration at all (to protect the sheep from the few bad apples), then it should be statewide. Think about it, up until now it really has been just a "privilege tax", for which I strongly am against. Ridiculous that one should pay for the privilege of working in a town. Most municipalities really don't ask for anything other than proof of insurance. And they probably keep poor records at that.

I can't drive for 5 miles around here without passing through 3 or 4 municipalities. If you are dropping $100 (average) to register in each one you work in, that's taking a good chunk of your profit. Especially when you can register with the state now for $50 or so and it's good for a few years? If you are a legitimate residential contractor doing small jobs wherever you can find them, it will definitely pay for itself. Granted, this does not apply to you if you are building a new home nor doing any commercial work. You would then still have to register locally if the municipality requires it.

With regards to giving the state your personal information... don't you think they already have it in many of databases? You do have a driver's license, pay state taxes, register your vehicle(s)? Ever collect unemployment compensation or other state benefits? Other than the name and birthday given to me by my loving parents, the government (in one form or another) has given me all the rest of my "personal information".

Hey, I like to stay "under the radar" as much as possible, but I am also a realist. I know that every level of government has my name and info in their systems... along with everyone else's.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by G10mm View Post
    spell is built in and it work so good!!!!!!NOT
    Oh and um... league is spelled properly, but I believe you meant to type legal in a few spots.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast