Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Berks County)

Thumbs up Gun Traders & Handgunner Support Your Local Gun Shops

I decided to visit to local shops in my general area of Berks County as a break from Wally World visits. I always enjoy visiting the Handgunner in Topton and the Gun Traders on the Pottsville Pike (Rt 61). The staff is always pleasant to deal with and helpful in both locations. I picked up a box of American Eagle 38 Spec ($16.95) and 9mm 147 gr FMJ flat point ($13.00) at the Guntraders, a box of 380 Corbon 90 gr JHP ($20.95) and a box of HCG reloads for 38 Special 158 gr SWC ($10) at the Handgunner. Both locations had a nice array of rifles and handguns. I looked at several S&W, Berettas, Sigs, Glocks and Kimbers. I saw a used 40 cal S&W tactical I might buy from the Gun Traders and a 32 cal Beretta (new) (Tomcat?) from the Handgunner. I also looked at a bunch of revolvers as I may break down and buy a 357. I would be curious what gunshops in SE Pa others recommend and why. I also like these two shops as they are clean and well organized.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Gun Traders & Handgunner Support Your Local Gun Shops

Anyone have an update on GunTraders in Reading? I'm going to stop there on my way to Cabela's later, last time I was there was 3 years ago and I wasn't a PA resident then. I remember a ridiculously low price on a Mauser, but that's about all.

Gun Traders is a great shop. I drop in once a week and purchase something there about once a month ( weekly).

Just like most shops, prices are fair. They are not giving anything away but I have gotten away with some great deals.
    Tantric Shooting Team

(Montgomery County)

Thanks. I stopped by and found what I was looking for pretty quickly with their help, but was just on a data-gathering trip. Came close to buying it, but my kids were starving in the car, so I postponed.

(Montgomery County)

I dropped a gun off at Gun Traders like 3 months ago. I stopped in after a month and a half to see if they made any progress. They only said we have not even looked at it yet we will call you. This is my first time getting work done on one of my guns - is this a typical turn around time?

Sinking Spring/Wernersville, Pennsylvania
    (Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by big reticles View Post
    I dropped a gun off at Gun Traders like 3 months ago. I stopped in after a month and a half to see if they made any progress. They only said we have not even looked at it yet we will call you. This is my first time getting work done on one of my guns - is this a typical turn around time?
    That is actually a-typical for guntraders. All of my firearms have come from GUntraders, as well as the guns of some family members. We have always had pleasant experiences.
    "Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." - JOHN ADAMS, 2nd President of the United States of America