Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Nevada Will No Longer Recognize Utah and Florida Right-to-Carry Permits Starting July

Didn't see this topic posted...it's a rather important stinkin' change for a lot of us.

http://www.nraila.org/Legislation/Read.aspx?ID=5001

"Thursday, June 25, 2009

Effective, July 1, Nevada will no longer recognize Right-to-Carry permits from Utah or Florida. They have, however, added Ohio and West Virginia as recognized states.

Each May, the Nevada Department of Public Safety conducts an audit of states and their Right-to-Carry laws for the purpose of determining which states it will recognize.

The Nevada DPS dropped Utah because it does not have a live fire requirement, which is a part of Nevada's training requirements. When the Nevada DPS first began its state by state audit of Right-to-Carry laws in 2007, DPS admitted to NRA representatives that they overlooked the live fire training requirement. After further review, they determined that Utah wasn't similar enough to keep it on the list of recognized states.

Florida will no longer be recognized because its permits are now valid for seven years instead of five.

The Nevada DPS and the Nevada Sheriffs and Chiefs will be hosting their annual Right-to-Carry forum in Carson City in August with a teleconference feed to Las Vegas. We encourage all members to attend this informational meeting. Details will be forthcoming."

Al

Default Re: Nevada Will No Longer Recognize Utah and Florida Right-to-Carry Permits Starting

Dang that sucks for a bunch of you. Never knew they had a live fire requirement. Been to Vegas once for work and hated the place. Only cool part was taking a formula 1 car around LV Speedway and the fact that they sell Fat Tire as well. Went everywhere armed, especially since I was in North Vegas for most of it
    Courage is not the absence of fear but the mastery of it

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Nevada Will No Longer Recognize Utah and Florida Right-to-Carry Permits Starting

Quote Originally Posted by chrisjames_71 View Post
    Dang that sucks for a bunch of you. Never knew they had a live fire requirement. Been to Vegas once for work and hated the place. Only cool part was taking a formula 1 car around LV Speedway and the fact that they sell Fat Tire as well. Went everywhere armed, especially since I was in North Vegas for most of it
    What sucks even more is that one of the reasons my wife and I got the Utah permit was to go to Vegas. We are rethinking it. Ironically, when we had our Utah class, we had to do live fire for BCI Instructor because he wanted to make sure that he saw us shoot. Arghhhhh...I'm pretty pissed.

Al

(Lehigh County)

All the more reason we need legislators with TESTICLES to get bills passed that RESPECT our rights to carry... Like treating ANY LTCF much as a drivers license.... get ONE and its valid in ALL states that issue one!

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by /dev/null View Post
    All the more reason we need legislators with TESTICLES to get bills passed that RESPECT our rights to carry... Like treating ANY LTCF much as a drivers license.... get ONE and its valid in ALL states that issue one!
    I'm rootin' for it - HR197:
    http://www.opencongress.org/bill/111-h197/show
    http://www.nraila.org/issues/FactShe...ad.aspx?ID=189

Al

(Allegheny County)

I'm going to have to read that one!
    FNX-9 Two-tone

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by falcn View Post
    I'm going to have to read that one!
    I knew it was out there... just a bit distracted to look that stuff up at the moment - thanks Al!

BTW - this is the type of legislation that NEEDS to be inserted into the Dems "tax everything" legislation - like Crap-n-fade, universal health, and whatever other crock of crap they come up with. Least something might push it through.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by /dev/null View Post
    I knew it was out there... just a bit distracted to look that stuff up at the moment - thanks Al!

BTW - this is the type of legislation that NEEDS to be inserted into the Dems "tax everything" legislation - like Crap-n-fade, universal health, and whatever other crock of crap they come up with. Least something might push it through.
    That's how we got the NP carry to go through. Open Congress is a great site to track bills you are interested in. They even have a Facebook plugin to do the status updates. BTW, HR197 was introduced in part by a Dem rep and co-sponsored by quite a few Dem reps, many from PA, so maybe there is a better chance.

Al

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by mythaeus View Post
    What sucks even more is that one of the reasons my wife and I got the Utah permit was to go to Vegas. We are rethinking it. Ironically, when we had our Utah class, we had to do live fire for BCI Instructor because he wanted to make sure that he saw us shoot. Arghhhhh...I'm pretty pissed.

Al
    I had the Utah class at my house a couple years +/- ago, a few forum members, myself and wife took the course, we all went to a range after to shoot before our instructor signed off on the paperwork.

(Jefferson County)

Just one more state that I'll refuse to visit.

This requirement to have a license/permit is bad enough, training and live-fire requirement is a downright crock of bullshit.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast