Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Northampton County)

Default Looking for a range

Im looking for a range that i can go to for a day or 2 and not spend a ton of money
    Im looking for something that has more than 100 yards preferable 300 or more
    Can anyone reccommend something ?
    Im in bangor PA
    dont really want to drive for hours either lol

(Northampton County)

Default Re: Looking for a range

anyone? i dont mind driving an hour or 2 i just dont want to drive half way across PA

(Luzerne County)

Have you tried the ranges that are in some of the state gamelands? There is near Nesquehoning, off Rt. 93. There is one off Rt. 100 a few miles north of Rt.78, and the one just north of Lake Nockamixon was supposed to open this year but I don't know if it did yet.
    Jim

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by pistoffjstr View Post
    Im looking for a range that i can go to for a day or 2 and not spend a ton of money
    Im in bangor PA
    As mentioned, check out the state game lands. They're free
    http://www.pgc.state.pa.us/pgc/cwp/v...0&q=165623#141

SGL 141 is probably your best bet. 100/200/300yrd ranges

(Northampton County)

Awesome ill have to look into the state game land ranges. Didnt know they had ranges available
    Thanks all

I have no idea why nobody has told you about either Palmerton Rod & Gun Club in Stemmlersville, or Roseto Rod & Gun Club?

Roseto is, right there, in your own backyard; and, Palmerton is only a short ride south on Route 209. Either club is an excellent place to shoot; Roseto's great for pistol practice or 100 yard rifle sight-in; and Palmerton has a nice 300 yard rifle range. Both have covered firing ports.

If you go south out of Bangor on Rt. 191 to Stockertown there's, also, Stockertown Rod & Gun Club. You can google locations and phone numbers on each of these popular local gun clubs.

(Northampton County)

Ive been too roseto a few times they have a nice range but its always busy and only 100 yards
    Ill have to look into the palmerton range is it possible to go there for only a day and not have to get a full membership?

(Lehigh County)

Im in bangor PA
    Are you looking to do something specific in the 1-2 days? If you are willing to drive to Palmyra I would take you to my range. The rifle range goes to 200yds and there are multiple pistol ranges.
    When you are called a racist, it just means you won an argument with an Obama supporter.

Ive been too roseto a few times they have a nice range but its always busy and only 100 yards. Ill have to look into the palmerton range. Is it possible to go there for only a day and not have to get a full membership?
    Well, I wouldn't say Roseto is always busy; but, then again, I'm retired and tend to go there during the week. Roseto seems to be only sparsely used whenever I'm there; and, I particularly enjoy using the pistol range because that's what I, often, end up doing the most of.

While I'm all by myself I'm able to: rapid fire, double and triple tap, practice drawing, point shoot, and work across multiple targets all at the same time while moving forwards and backwards along the pistol firing line. (Did you notice how the pistol targets are setup? Whoever laid Roseto's pistol range out really knew what he was doing!)

Of all the ranges I shoot at, Roseto is the nicest, has video cameras, is fenced in, and has the best overall user security. Try going there after work during the week. You might be pleasantly surprised. By the way, how are you getting in? Roseto is expensive to join; guests aren't allowed; and there are several range officers there - One of whom always seems to be interested in checking your ID?

Palmerton Rod & Gun is another club with a beautiful clubhouse and a large range that is primarily used on weekends, and mostly vacant the rest of the time. It's, also, rather isolated and you need to be careful. The only way to legally use Palmerton (without sneaking onto the range) is to join the club. The good news is that Palmerton has a very large membership and some of the lowest annual dues around.

They've recently fenced off the firing ports; and, now, you need an electronic keycard in order to enter the firing line. This was a good move on the club's part. Palmerton is very isolated and you never really know with whom you are shooting?

Which is fine until you have a problem; and, over the past 15 years, I've had two problems come up while I was shooting at the Palmerton range. The present restricted entry system would have solved one of these problems before the incident ever began; and, except for packing up and immediately leaving the area, there really ain't a whole lot you can do about a cranky drunken member with a gun.

(But, let's be perfectly candid: An incident like this could happen at ANY gun club.)

(Northampton County)

Reconldr Thanks for the offer but this is just something im looking for its not something i have to do that and i dont even know where that is lol

G21 I havnt actually shot at roseto in YEARS a friend of mine (sam) used to tend bar there so i would go and see her from time to time
    Im a member at east bangor and Blue mountain currently But im looking for a range with more than 100 yards that i can compete with my self with my .308 if that makes sense

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast