Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Jefferson County)

Thumbs up Bee's Guns - Saltsburg, PA

Bee's Guns
    (724) 639-9707
    961 County Rd, Saltsburg, PA 15681

I had the opportunity to stop in at Bee's Guns on SR286 today just west of Saltsburg.

Very polite folks and greeted me as I walked in. For a small floor footage shop, they have a decent selection of magazines. Not many guns, maybe 15-25 long guns on the rack, and less than a dozen handguns. Prices were a tad higher than a big place like Ace's or Grices on the firearms, but not all too crazy high. You might spend more on gas driving to Ace's or Grice's to beat their price.

They have a Bushmaster AR for $919 +/-. And a tacticool pump shotgun(didn't look at price). Rest of the long guns were sporting guns/smoke poles.

They do have 8-10 50rnd boxes of WWB 9mm 115gr FMJ, and the same or more boxes of either Fed or Rem 9mm 115gr FMJ for $13.99 per box. They have some .223/5.56, 7.62x39, and 7.62/308 ammo as well. Not alot, but some. I think the 7.62/308 was about $11-12 for 20rnds. There were a couple 50rnd boxes of American Eagle 40S&W ball ammo too(didn't check price). And a couple boxes of Magtech 44mag for about $28ea.

They do have some 9mm, 38spl, 45acp, 44spl, and a few other handgun and rifle brass for reloading.

This will probably be another one of the shops I'll be sure to hit when I pass through that area.

Unhappy Re: Bee's Guns - Saltsburg, PA

Ive bought a lot of reloading componets from Bee's over the years. I ususally get down there every couple months and stock up on stuff, or at least I did untill this madness started!

(Indiana County)

Default Re: Bee's Guns - Saltsburg, PA

Anyone know their hours? I always drive past it going home to Pittsburgh from school. Never stopped in.

(Allegheny County)

always had good experience there! even found the occasional interesting odd bit too!
    MORDENTE MEUM

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerBurgh View Post
    Anyone know their hours? I always drive past it going home to Pittsburgh from school. Never stopped in.
    I'm not sure of their hours, but I know they are open the typical business hours each time I'm in the area.

Here is their ph# (724) 639-9707 (via yahoo search) if you want to check before heading that way.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Westmoreland County)

Great place with great people. Their hours are pretty extensive, was there Sunday and they are open from 10-3 on Sundays. Not sure about the other days.

(Jefferson County)

Stopped in at Bee's today on my travels for work. Picked up a box of PMC 90gr .380acp FMJ for $14.99. Didn't see any guns that interested me.

Some young guy came in looking for a holster for a .44spl Charter Bulldog. ...someone from here perhaps?
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Westmoreland County)

Over the years I have bought several firearms and reloading components from Bees, Yes he is small, but if I get an order in Monday morning, I have it Friday.
    His prices on new guns is very hard to beat.
    The last two rifle I bought out there, I called Grice first and they were higher, and Bee gets all his inventory from Grice, Go figure.
    Primers are less than $30.00 1K. The two nitwits in Delmont both are 30 % over Bee on Reloading components.
    My last firearm I Bought out to Bees was a New Ruger Black Hawk 45 LC. I paid $409.00.
    The guy in Delmont wanted over $500.00 for the same gun.
    Kenny and Steve are both great guys. I have yet to see them talk down to, or try to sell anyone something they did not want, but both will answer any questions you may have, without a bunch of BS. If they don’t know the answer to your question, they take the time to look it up.

(Allegheny County)

+1 on most of the above comments!!

The folks at Bee's Guns are very polite, helpful and knowledgeable! I was looking for the best price in a new S&W Model 60 with 3-inch barrel. Bee's was the lowest price at $599.00, which included all paper work! They were anywhere from $20.00 to $76.00 cheaper from the other gun shops I visited. This included gun shops in Apollo, Butler, New Kensington, and Russelton. They have won me over as a loyal customer!

(Washington County)

I've bough at least two firearms there and my neighbor only buys there. Great guys and their real inventory is what you don't see in the back. What they have out front is a taste. Tell them what you're looking for, new and used, and it might be in the back. Usually works for me and my neighbor.
    In America arms are free merchandise such that anyone who has the capital may make their houses into armories and their gardens into parks of artillery. - Ira Allen, 1796

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast