Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
    (Lackawanna County)

Default Shooting a snake

I was outside in the front of my house waiting for someone. So I picking some weeds and I was about to reach for another and I saw a snake. He wasn't coiled up but i'd say 30% of him was in the air looking at me moving pretty quickly at him. So I was like ahhh fuck and lol threw some crab grass at him. I had my gun on my and I took it out from my waistband and backed away and he was still coming at me but much slower since I was moving away. My buddy pulls up around this time with his g/f and 3 year old daughter in the car. So I didn't want to shoot the snake with a kid other people in case something bad happened.

Now I'm pretty sure you can't discharge firearms in my city, but would I have gotten in any trouble? Oh btw I know lil to nothing about snakes, but I believe it might have been a garter or garden snake. It was little big for G snake but idk. The only reason I'm asking is because I don't think there poisonous enough to seriously injuire me so would it be grounds for shooting it?

(Dauphin County)

Default Re: Shooting a snake

theres really only 2 snakes local to you that you need to worry about. the copperhead and the rattlesnake. the rattlesnake is going to let you know he is there first.
    could have been a milk snake or a corn snake or a black snake. was he in the shade? or was he sunning himself? snakes are best to keep around for pest control, just as are bats.
    If a conservative is a non-believer, he doesn't go to church.
    A liberal non-believer wants any mention of God and religion silenced.

(Bucks County)

Snakes are more afraid of you then you are of them ... just move away or push it away with a stick. If you live in a town, discharged your firearm, and someone called the police then more than likely you would have had some 'splaining to do.

(Bucks County)

Why would you shoot a snake? It's completely unnecessary.

(Lackawanna County)

because the fucking thing was coming to bite me thats why

Quote Originally Posted by mickey01023 View Post
    I was outside in the front of my house waiting for someone. So I picking some weeds and I was about to reach for another and I saw a snake. He wasn't coiled up but i'd say 30% of him was in the air looking at me moving pretty quickly at him. So I was like ahhh fuck and lol threw some crab grass at him. I had my gun on my and I took it out from my waistband and backed away and he was still coming at me but much slower since I was moving away. My buddy pulls up around this time with his g/f and 3 year old daughter in the car. So I didn't want to shoot the snake with a kid other people in case something bad happened.

Now I'm pretty sure you can't discharge firearms in my city, but would I have gotten in any trouble? Oh btw I know lil to nothing about snakes, but I believe it might have been a garter or garden snake. It was little big for G snake but idk. The only reason I'm asking is because I don't think there poisonous enough to seriously injuire me so would it be grounds for shooting it?
    You really need to grow a set.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by unloved View Post
    Why would you shoot a snake? It's completely unnecessary.

I believe it is not only unnecessary but unlawful. I don't believe it is lawful to kill any snake (including copperheads and rattlers) in PA.

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by goofin View Post
    theres really only 2 snakes local to you that you need to worry about. the copperhead and the rattlesnake. the rattlesnake is going to let you know he is there first.
    could have been a milk snake or a corn snake or a black snake. was he in the shade? or was he sunning himself? snakes are best to keep around for pest control, just as are bats.
    He was black and skinny around foot n half 2 feet with a line of brown down the middle on his back...i don't know what sunning means, it wasn't sunny out if that helps......pshh pest control my ass there squirrels, mice, skunks, if the flood lights go on it looks like a swarm of nats and flys the size of a cloud surround the area lol forget shooting him for trying to taste me he should be shot for doing a poor job lol

there wasn't any sticks or anything

Quote Originally Posted by mickey01023 View Post
    He was black and skinny around foot n half 2 feet with a line of brown down the middle on his back...i don't know what sunning means, it wasn't sunny out if that helps......pshh pest control my ass there squirrels, mice, skunks, if the flood lights go on it looks like a swarm of nats and flys the size of a cloud surround the area lol forget shooting him for trying to taste me he should be shot for doing a poor job lol

there wasn't any sticks or anything
    Don't leave the city!!!!!

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by fingers80002 View Post
    Don't leave the city!!!!!
    whats your problem

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast