Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Centre County)

Default What is it with people who refuse accountability?

You know the type... they frequently make careless mistakes, often of the same type, but when you call 'em on it, rather than their learning from it and avoiding doing it again in the future, they just expect you to correct it and shut up about it.

That shit just chaps my ass; not so much the repeated mistake, but the attitude that accompanies it. It's the principle of the whole thing. Am I the big dick here?

Default Re: What is it with people who refuse accountability?

Quote Originally Posted by RandomTask View Post
    You know the type... they frequently make careless mistakes, often of the same type, but when you call 'em on it, rather than their learning from it and avoiding doing it again in the future, they just expect you to correct it and shut up about it.

That shit just chaps my ass; not so much the repeated mistake, but the attitude that accompanies it. It's the principle of the whole thing. Am I the big dick here?
    You would not believe what I have been called, because of that!!!!

(Lehigh County)

Been married twice... does that count?

Ive got a couple friends in it for the third go-round.... seems to fit the profile.

(Northampton County)

I had employees do that crap when I worked at Blockbuster. I finally got sick of it one day and made one of my employees (the worst offender of the bunch) stay after we closed for 2 and a half hours until he got the job done right.

My district manager wasn't happy with me staying on the clock that long but she didn't complain when the kid stopped making that same stupid mistake.

(Montgomery County)

This thread is useless without stories. Let's have some.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by TinGLOCK View Post
    This thread is useless without stories. Let's have some.
    I'll throw one into the mix.....

Background: This happened at my old job, and stories like this are the reason I finally left there. I was the lead engineer for our company working in an Intel plant. There were 12 techs there running 24/7 on shift work. 3 techs were on each shift. When they couldnt fix a problem, they would come to me. Usually after trying to walk them through it on phone, they would complain to my boss that I "wasn't helping them" which basically meant that I didn't come in there and fix the problem for them.

Here's one day in the hell that I lived in:

They were working on a problem for 4 hours. They called me at about the 2 hour mark and I gave them a bunch of things to look for. At the 4 hour point my boss asks me to go into the cleanroom and see if I can get things moving a bit quicker. I walk in and the first thing I look at is the error logs. From that, I can tell that they had locked the system up and they needed to perform a hard reset to "unlock" the controller. Upon further inspection of the logs, I realize that this controller has been locked up for the past 3.5 hours!!!! I hard reset the thing and it starts to work perfectly. This is about 2 minutes after I first arrived.

OK, so there is obviously a knowledge gap here. I explain to Engineer A what the problem was, then show him in the logs where it said what the problem was and that they had been doing this for 3.5 hours. He immediately says that he had just gotten there and it was Engineer B that did that.

OK.... so I go talk to engineer B and explain what the problem was, how it was fixed, and that we need to get better at this so we don't waste time.... He proclaims that it was Engineer C that made the mistake.

OOOOOOK.... I go to engineer C and blah blah blah....... he claims it was Engineer B!!!!!!!!!

I grab engineers B and C.... get both of them in front of me and say something to the effect of "You (b) say that it was C that did it.... and you (c) say that it is b who did it.... I am looking at both of you and I don't care who did it, the fact remains that we wasted 3.5 hours and Intel lost about $50K because no one went and hard reset the thing!!!!"

Both were silent for about 15 seconds..... and then engineer C speaks up "well it was engineer A that did it"

WTF!!!!!!!!!!

The funny part is, after all that was done..... all three of them went to my boss complaining that I yelled at them.