Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    PRMD,just a hair south of PA at York co, Maryland

Default I OC at work LOL

This is a terrible pic of me, I look all disheveled LOL, but hey I am hard at work! Lotsa times I am alone, no one else home, and sometimes people just drop in. Good to be armed, eh? ( great to intimidate game wardens too LMAO)The drawback to this carry while working is getting foam dust and crap on the gun, so I prefer the leather thumbreak as less junk gets in there vs a serpa. But it's an XD, it can take a lil gunking, but I don't want scratches on the slide.

Was working on prepping a skunk skin, see it there in my hands? And for you whitetail rack junkies, that big boy behind me is a bowkill Iowa 160's class with a HUGE neck, taken by a teenage boy. Not yet finished.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    LOL, I am a woman...

(York County)

Smile Re: I OC at work LOL

Quote Originally Posted by XD40coyote View Post
    This is a terrible pic of me, I look all disheveled LOL, but hey I am hard at work! Lotsa times I am alone, no one else home, and sometimes people just drop in. Good to be armed, eh? ( great to intimidate game wardens too LMAO)The drawback to this carry while working is getting foam dust and crap on the gun, so I prefer the leather thumbreak as less junk gets in there vs a serpa. But it's an XD, it can take a lil gunking, but I don't want scratches on the slide.

Was working on prepping a skunk skin, see it there in my hands? And for you whitetail rack junkies, that big boy behind me is a bowkill Iowa 160's class with a HUGE neck, taken by a teenage boy. Not yet finished.
    I am glad you shared this with us cause I'll be sure to knock before just walking in!! LOL.
    Rehab is for quitters!!

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: I OC at work LOL

Hey, cool job.
    "When law becomes despotic, morals are relaxed, and vice versa."-- Honore de Balzac, The Wild Ass's Skin...huh, huh..Balzac...Wild Ass...huh, huh

Quote Originally Posted by Steeltown View Post
    I am glad you shared this with us cause I'll be sure to knock before just walking in!! LOL.
    You gotta get past the dogs, to knock!!!!

Watch out for the red heeler!!!!!!!

(York County)

Right on! Woman with guns? Dig it.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShadow View Post
    Right on! Woman with guns? Dig it.
    She traps, and want's to learn to hunt, so......

BTW, she does Super Great Taxidermy!!!!!!!

her tanner is good, too!!!!!

York City Pharmaceutical District, Pennsylvania
    (York County)

Quote Originally Posted by XD40coyote View Post
    The drawback to this carry while working is getting foam dust and crap on the gun, so I prefer the leather thumbreak as less junk gets in there vs a serpa.
    Try using a shower cap to simply cover it while your working with nasty stuff. This allows you to keep the gun where you want it without messing with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Computer Steve View Post
    Try using a shower cap to simply cover it while your working with nasty stuff. This allows you to keep the gun where you want it without messing with it.
    Thanks for the tip. I've got the serpa on now. Was making a holster for a forum member earlier and needed the .40 to mold the leather, that's done, and I was fiddling around with my holsters and oops the serpa! LOL

I wonder if they sell shower caps at Rite Aid. Oh yeah I haven't the nerve to OC in there yet.
    LOL, I am a woman...

Quote Originally Posted by fingers80002 View Post
    She traps, and want's to learn to hunt, so......

BTW, she does Super Great Taxidermy!!!!!!!

her tanner is good, too!!!!!
    I have deer on the property, and I think the squirrels need thinning this fall. Bunnies sort of self regulate with all the predators, which includes cats and dogs. The squirrels have been annoying! Time for the smoothbore shotgun barrel change out. It's a slug gun barrel now, rifled. Slugs too big for squirrels LOL.

You know what? I haven't had any fox naughties this spring, yet there were foxes galore last fall and winter ( caught 16 right down in the meadow and missed a few- late snow showed tracks of at least 2 foxes).

Fingers, the tanner for the deer hide is same one I use for deer capes, bears, elk capes, etc. I tan all the smaller stuff for mounts ( coyote and on down) in-shop with this great stuff I ordered one day on a whim, and this other tannage that requires no initial salting/drying that I use on squirrels and mink and other lil stuff. Now you see why I need a shower cap for the gun! That and the stinky skulls I rot clean in water on the back porch ( near the "city morgue" sign).
    LOL, I am a woman...