Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Susquehanna County)

Default Nestle recalls Toll House cookie dough after E. coli warning

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20090619/ts_nm/us_nestle_4

Nestle recalls Toll House cookie dough after E. coli warning

2 hrs 51 mins ago
    SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) – Nestle's U.S. baking division said on Friday that it was voluntarily recalling its Toll House refrigerated cookie dough products after the U.S. Food and Drug Administration warned of the risk of contamination with E. coli bacteria.

Nestle said the FDA and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention were investigating reports of illnesses caused by E. coli O157:H7 in consumers who also reported having eaten raw cookie dough. E. coli can cause abdominal cramping, vomiting and diarrhea, the FDA said.

Since March, the FDA said, there have been 66 reports of illness across 28 states. Twenty-five people were hospitalized, according to the FDA, and no one has died.

"We want to strongly advise consumers that raw cookie dough should not be eaten," Nestle said in a statement. "This message also appears prominently on our packaging."

Nestle said the products involved in the recall included all varieties of Nestle Toll House refrigerated Cookie Bar Dough, Cookie Dough Tub, Cookie Dough Tube, Limited Edition Cookie Dough items, Seasonal Cookie Dough and Ultimates Cookie Bar Dough.

The FDA advised consumers to throw the products away. It said cooking the dough was not recommended because consumers might get the bacteria on their hands and cooking surfaces.

(Lehigh County)

Default Re: Nestle recalls Toll House cookie dough after E. coli warning

Quote Originally Posted by larrymeyer View Post
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20090619/ts_nm/us_nestle_4

Nestle recalls Toll House cookie dough after E. coli warning

2 hrs 51 mins ago
    SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) – Nestle's U.S. baking division said on Friday that it was voluntarily recalling its Toll House refrigerated cookie dough products after the U.S. Food and Drug Administration warned of the risk of contamination with E. coli bacteria.

Nestle said the FDA and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention were investigating reports of illnesses caused by E. coli O157:H7 in consumers who also reported having eaten raw cookie dough. E. coli can cause abdominal cramping, vomiting and diarrhea, the FDA said.

Since March, the FDA said, there have been 66 reports of illness across 28 states. Twenty-five people were hospitalized, according to the FDA, and no one has died.

"We want to strongly advise consumers that raw cookie dough should not be eaten," Nestle said in a statement. "This message also appears prominently on our packaging."

Nestle said the products involved in the recall included all varieties of Nestle Toll House refrigerated Cookie Bar Dough, Cookie Dough Tub, Cookie Dough Tube, Limited Edition Cookie Dough items, Seasonal Cookie Dough and Ultimates Cookie Bar Dough.

The FDA advised consumers to throw the products away. It said cooking the dough was not recommended because consumers might get the bacteria on their hands and cooking surfaces.
    I thought the chocolate chips tasted funny.....

(Lehigh County)

This just in, cooking surfaces and hands should be CLEANED after handling raw eggs, poultry, or meat! what a concept!
    Any mission, any conditions, any foe at any range.
    Twice the mayhem, triple the force.
    Ten times the action, total hardcore.

PRMD,just a hair south of PA at York co, Maryland

Quote Originally Posted by General Geoff View Post
    This just in, cooking surfaces and hands should be CLEANED after handling raw eggs, poultry, or meat! what a concept!
    This is so basic that for people in a developed country to not know is rediculous. Even some so called educated people can't get it right. I know years back they started telling people to not eat cookie dough as it has raw eggs mixed in it and you could get salmonella. It was all over TV news and talk shows among other forms of media. In the case of younger kids and retarded people, someone needs to keep an eye on them or keep these things were they can't get to it by themself, just like anything else dangerous.

Of course you have adult non retarded people in this country that still can't seem to wash their hands after being on the toilet. So I guess I am not surprised at the stupid people eating raw cookie dough...

The stupidity of so many people just always amazes me.
    LOL, I am a woman...

(Susquehanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by XD40coyote View Post
    This is so basic that for people in a developed country to not know is rediculous. Even some so called educated people can't get it right. I know years back they started telling people to not eat cookie dough as it has raw eggs mixed in it and you could get salmonella. It was all over TV news and talk shows among other forms of media. In the case of younger kids and retarded people, someone needs to keep an eye on them or keep these things were they can't get to it by themself, just like anything else dangerous.

Of course you have adult non retarded people in this country that still can't seem to wash their hands after being on the toilet. So I guess I am not surprised at the stupid people eating raw cookie dough...

The stupidity of so many people just always amazes me.
    Yeah... I eat raw cookie dough. My decision and I accept the consequences. Never been sick from cookie dough. There's nothing wrong with raw eggs. Japanese people eat raw eggs in lots of food. It's actually the shell that can have the bacteria on it from what I've heard.

Regardless, who the heck cares if I want to eat raw cookie dough.

I got a robocall on my answering machine today from the supermarket chain where I recently purchased some (and ate it raw, of course)...

I feel fine...

(Susquehanna County)

What was that dough that was in a cardboard tube, was a sugar cookie, and had images in the center (ie: pumpkin, xmas tree, etc)? That was my favorite dough :P