Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default Where to get fingerprinted in Pa?

I am appling for a non-resident Florida concealed carry license so I can carry in Delaware. I already have my Pa carry license. Does anyone know where can I get a "ten card" since Florida doesn't accept electronic fingerprints? I live in southern Chester county. Thanks for your help.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world is and remains immortal.- Albert Pines

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Where to get fingerprinted in Pa?

Quote Originally Posted by WALTHERGUY View Post
    I am appling for a non-resident Florida concealed carry license so I can carry in Delaware. I already have my Pa carry license. Does anyone know where can I get a "ten card" since Florida doesn't accept electronic fingerprints? I live in southern Chester county. Thanks for your help.
    I have never thought about that. . .

I would think your local PSP barracks would not mind doing that for you. . .

(York County)

Had to get fingerprinted for CDL Hazmat endorsement... PSP is where I had to go - I would also think they could help you out. Worth a stop in or phone call. If not I'd go down the line and try the Sheriff then a local PD.

EDIT: Found my papers when I had to go...

PSP locations capable of taking fingerprints for the Patriot Act

Chester Co. Avondale Station 2 Moxley Lane Avondale, PA 610-268-2022 Mon thru Fri 8am-11am Wed 2pm-8pm
    Embreeville Station 997 Lieds Rd Coatesville, PA 484-340-3241 Mon thru Fri 8am-11am Wed 2pm-8pm
    Last edited by bighornjd; June 18th, 2009 at 09:55 PM.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government" -- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

(Beaver County)

I went to the nearest PSP barracks to get printed for my Utah permit. They asked what it was for, but never said a word when I told them.

you should have received a print card in the packet from Florida. Make sure you use that one. If you have the prints scanned, the computer will automatically check for clarity before printing. If you're considering applying for Florida CWL, (yes, that's what it is) don't delay, as they are seriously backed up.

(Armstrong County)

PSP, it's free and they will run a check on you.
    The original point and click interface was a Colt Peacemaker!

(Lancaster County)

I would think you could also be fingerprinted at the Oxford Police station as well, but not sure.

When I went to be fingerprinted at the Lancaster Barracks, they asked me why I would not go to my local department first. (I was going this way already for work and decided to drop in, I knew for sure I could do it here, I shouldn't have to do this because the FBI has them because I was an education major in college, yada yada yada).

He was much happier when I thanked him for serving my community and his dedication to protecting the innocent.
    Active Citizen

(Chester County)

The Chester County Sheriff's Dept. will do it for a fee. I think you need a check or money order, they don't take cash IIRC.

(Lehigh County)

all you have to do is go up to your local LEO and punch him in the back of the head.... presto... instant fingerprinting!!! id say local PSP

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by MartinBrody View Post
    The Chester County Sheriff's Dept. will do it for a fee. I think you need a check or money order, they don't take cash IIRC.
    I live in Delaware County, couldn't find a willing department here for my Utah CWP prints, including the PSP (who will for job purposes). I ended up using the CHESCO Sheriff in West Chester, very friendly and willing to help. They can do the finger prints AND photo if you need one.

If you don't have a check and need a money order there is a business they will direct you to a block away to get the money order from.

"Check or money order only. Make Checks payable to “Sheriff of Chester County”.

Gun Permit Office: (610) 344-6984
    Office Hours: Monday-Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. "
    201 W. Market Street, West Chester, PA

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast