Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Any way to check status of my permit request?

I put in my ltcf permit paperwork around 7-8 weeks ago and I haven’t heard a thing. Is there any way to check status online? I tried to call the office, but they won’t give out any info over the phone. Seems like I had heard the normal turnaround is about 6-8 weeks. I have no criminal history and my references are close friends, so I can’t imagine a reason I would be denied.

(York County)

Default Re: Any way to check status of my permit request?

I believe that after 30 days it should be ready. Should be able to go pick it up. That's what I did. My wife filled out the extra paper to be notified by email when it was ready. Hers only took 1 week.

(Luzerne County)

I called on mine and was told that if I don't receive it after 45 days I need to come into the office to find out what is going on.

(Philadelphia County)

Thanks all appreciate the feedback. Im in Philly (just barely and unfortunately) so who knows what kind of nonsense they are up to. Im going to go down to the the gun unit on spring garden street tomorrow and see what I can find out. Wish me luck lol.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by alecwebpa View Post
    Thanks all appreciate the feedback. Im in Philly (just barely and unfortunately) so who knows what kind of nonsense they are up to. Im going to go down to the the gun unit on spring garden street tomorrow and see what I can find out. Wish me luck lol.
    Took me about 45 days, got a letter in the mail. As with all things city, it isn't the fastest.

Eric

(Montgomery County)

I had my permit renewed here in Philly about four months ago and it took them about 8-9 weeks to get it ready. They are slow, yet they eventually come through. Be patient.
    Join the groups protecting your rights from the fools trying to take them from you!

I went to the gun permit unit on day 42 and told them I hadn't received my letter, but I was in the area and decided to stop in. They asked my name and had me wait about 5 minutes then called me into the back room and I walked out with my LTCF in another 5 minutes. I got the letter in the mail 3 days later!

(Philadelphia County)

Just an update for anyone who was nice enough to answer this post. I finally got tired of waitting and went down to SpringGarden Street ti check on the status of my LCTF. Turns out I was approved over 3 weeks ago and they just havent gotten around to entering the data and sending my letter. So you would think that since I am there they would take care of it, or maybe you know Philly better then that. The lady acted like I was an Ahole for even asking if I could wait for it today. She told me she has a stack of those waitting to be entered into the computer and I will just have to wait for my letter. Gotta love that kinda customer service. Hope the bad guys have their LCTF forms some where under mine. I would hate to have to ask the nice gentleman mugging me to wait a couple weeks until I can shoot him.

(Montgomery County)

You did indeed experience municipal government at its finest. I hope you never have to deal with getting a building permit...
    Join the groups protecting your rights from the fools trying to take them from you!

(Philadelphia County)

Too late. I have a close friend that I worked with on the desing of his new building ( from an I.T. / cabling perspective ). I have never been so shocked in my life as I was when two of the contractors showed us budgets with bribes built into the budget. Now, am from the Mid-west originally and maybe I'm just naive, but holy crap that shocked me. they acted like it was nothing, standard practice.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast