Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default Re: Where to get fingerprinted in Pa?

I found these guys. I knew that they gave the safety class at Ready Aim Fire in Bristol, PA but according to their site if you dont need the class you can just pay the paperwork fee of $50. They supply you the app, fingerprinting, photos and notary. I dont think thats a bad deal given all the grief others have reported trying to get fingerprinted. So I am going to give it a try. Looks like they will offering the service in October. You have to go to the pay option to see the next available date(s).

http://www.personaldefensesolutions.net/ccw/CCW01.html

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by HiredGoon View Post
    A tip a PSP Trooper told me who does prints all the time...is to rub hand lotion into your finger tips like 45 minutes before the prints are taken and keep them moist with the lotion. That will raise the ridges for a better print
    Good tip, I'll keep that in mind even though now my hands are as smooth as a baby's behind since I haven't worked in 3 1/2 mo.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBlack View Post
    I found these guys. I knew that they gave the safety class at Ready Aim Fire in Bristol, PA but according to their site if you dont need the class you can just pay the paperwork fee of $50. They supply you the app, fingerprinting, photos and notary. I dont think thats a bad deal given all the grief others have reported trying to get fingerprinted. So I am going to give it a try. Looks like they will offering the service in October. You have to go to the pay option to see the next available date(s).

http://www.personaldefensesolutions.net/ccw/CCW01.html
    I thought FL required that it be done by LEO? I have a security company office where I work...I know they would print me...but didnt think it would be accepted...

Quote Originally Posted by mrjam2jab View Post
    I thought FL required that it be done by LEO? I have a security company office where I work...I know they would print me...but didnt think it would be accepted...
    From the FL app at:
    http://www.doacs.state.fl.us/onestop/forms/16036.pdf

FINGERPRINT CARD INSTRUCTIONS

Your fingerprints must be taken at a law enforcement agency.

IMPORTANT!! If you use the fingerprint card instead of having the law enforcement agency use a LIVE SCAN device to submit your prints electronically, the block on the card entitled Employer and Address must be left blank.

The name and address of the law enforcement agency at which your prints
    were taken must appear on the back of the card in the blank area of the upper right corner.
    Additional instructions are included in this package.

(Delaware County)

Yes the form does say LEO but I know this company has been performing this service for a while. I used to be a member of the range where they do the safety class before doing the paperwork. So I assume its being accepted. I am going to give it a try. At this point what do I have to lose? If its not accepted I'll ask for a refund. With all the run around that LEO are giving people its work a shot (in my opinion).

(Bucks County)

Yes the form does say LEO but I know this company has been performing this service for a while. I used to be a member of the range where they do the safety class before doing the paperwork. So I assume its being accepted. I am going to give it a try. At this point what do I have to lose? If its not accepted I'll ask for a refund. With all the run around that LEO are giving people its work a shot (in my opinion).
    Page 3 of the application

THESE FEES ARE NOT REFUNDABLE

The person to ask is:

Amanda Herring, Public Inquiry Supervisor
    Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services
    Division of Licensing
    Bureau of License Issuance

herrina@doacs.state.fl.us

(Delaware County)

I was talking about a refund from the people doing the paperwork service.

(Delaware County)

SiriusBlack-The person running the training, Dr. Bruce(also a PAFOA member) has a very professional operation and is a good guy to boot. He is aware of the requirements and is not trying to cheat/trick anyone. I signed my wife up for one of his classes a few years back at a range in Yeadon, PA called Doubleaction.org. Yeah,I could have saved a little money by having her do all the seperate steps, but it was worth the hassle factor-one stop shopping-to do it all at once. Because I drove her there I asked if I could sit in the class and was allowed too. The fingerprints were done by a local Police Officer at the range.
    In addition to the instructor you usually get an interesting group of people at the classes with their own stories/experiences to tell.
    Tim

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by timdennis View Post
    SiriusBlack-The person running the training, Dr. Bruce(also a PAFOA member) has a very professional operation and is a good guy to boot. He is aware of the requirements and is not trying to cheat/trick anyone. I signed my wife up for one of his classes a few years back at a range in Yeadon, PA called Doubleaction.org. Yeah,I could have saved a little money by having her do all the seperate steps, but it was worth the hassle factor-one stop shopping-to do it all at once. Because I drove her there I asked if I could sit in the class and was allowed too. The fingerprints were done by a local Police Officer at the range.
    In addition to the instructor you usually get an interesting group of people at the classes with their own stories/experiences to tell.
    Thanks for clearly up the confusion. I am familar with Double Action. I think this particular upcoming class maybe at Ready Aim Fire but I am not sure. That said I am sure its a similar situation. Thanks for sharing. I am definitely going to use Dr. Bruce to get my app. completed.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast