Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Perry County)

Default Re: Where to get fingerprinted in Pa?

We do prints all the time for a variety of reasons, no charge.

Contact your PSP Barracks before you go as some have certain hours when they will print. Take the card with you if you got one. If not, we use a generic 'applicant' card.

(Butler County)

Sounds like your local sheriff will do it.

You can also try your local PSP barracks, and your local PD. I was a newly minted resident of Cranberry Township out here in WestPA, and they do prints for residents at no charge (and will do nonresidents for $10).

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bigrepp61 View Post
    all you have to do is go up to your local LEO and punch him in the back of the head.... presto... instant fingerprinting!!! id say local PSP
    Damn, beat me to it! I was gonna say knock over a convenience store, but going straight to the source is quicker!

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by unclejumbo View Post
    We do prints all the time for a variety of reasons, no charge.

Contact your PSP Barracks before you go as some have certain hours when they will print. Take the card with you if you got one. If not, we use a generic 'applicant' card.
    I know the OP is about prints for Florida, but Utah specifies using the BLUE FBI card, I never followed thru on my Florida CWL since Utah's CWP is a whole lot cheaper in the long run and covers all plus a couple that Florida does, but the packet they sent me they included a BLUE FBI card for the prints as well.

Quote Originally Posted by WALTHERGUY View Post
    I am appling for a non-resident Florida concealed carry license so I can carry in Delaware. I already have my Pa carry license. Does anyone know where can I get a "ten card" since Florida doesn't accept electronic fingerprints? I live in southern Chester county. Thanks for your help.
    I got my fingerprints taken at the Chester Co. Sherrif's office in West Chester.. There was a charge, I think $10. They do not take cash or credit cards. They only take a personal check or money order. There is a place (news stand) just over and down the street that sells money orders. I think that they charged $0.50 or something.

I had a blank finger print card from the FBI with me. The sherrif's office wanted to know why I wanted the prints taken (I am not sure that it their business). Anyway I told them it was for a federal background check. No problem.

ken

(Pike County)

Use the 10 card they sent you and take it to the Sheriff, they charge a nominal fee.

I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid-a-hand on.
    I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them. - John Wayne - The Shootist

Many of the truths we cling to... depend greatly on our own point of view. - Obi-Wan Kenobi

(Delaware County)

I tried to get this done today. I live in Delaware County and went to the local Sheriff office in media (I was going there anyway to get my PA permit replaced). They told me that they didnt do finger prints and to try the state police. I havent given them a try yet. I currently hold a PA permit and looking to get a Florida one so I can carry in Delaware.

(Philadelphia County)

PSP at the Trevosey barracks would NOT do prints for my Florida renewal. The Corporal on duty called the Florida permit a scam. He looked about ready to convulse so I left. The trooper on duty looked embarrassed. I am looking for a place to get the card filled out. I may try the PSP Belmont barracks, but I expect the same results.

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyMan View Post
    PSP at the Trevosey barracks would NOT do prints for my Florida renewal. The Corporal on duty called the Florida permit a scam. He looked about ready to convulse so I left. The trooper on duty looked embarrassed. I am looking for a place to get the card filled out. I may try the PSP Belmont barracks, but I expect the same results.
    I guess that corporal has drunk the kool-aid, huh?

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyMan View Post

They turned me away in Sept too....I didn't get the "scam" excuse...but they said they dont do out of state weapons permits...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast