Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Monroe County)

Default Docs may soon be able to call you fat...

Looks like we may finally have hit the bottom of PC and are starting to rebound. Doctors are fighting to keep Obestity off the disability list. This is crucial as if its on the disability list they have to treat it as such and they can't tell people to lose weight

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/31395226...and_nutrition/

CHICAGO - The American Medical Association has taken action to support doctors' ability to discuss obesity with their overweight patients.

Under a new policy adopted Tuesday, the AMA formally opposes efforts by advocacy groups to define obesity as a disability.

Doctors fear using that definition makes them vulnerable under disability laws to lawsuits from obese patients who don't want their doctors to discuss their weight.
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(Elk County)

Default Re: Docs may soon be able to call you fat...

I

About god damned time! Let's just hope we are moving back towards reality ... this PC shit has gotten way out of hand.

(Schuylkill County)

It kinda IS a disability... you lost the ability to not shove food in your fat mouth.

At least we'll be able to use the handicapped shitter and not feel guilty about it...

(Berks County)

My doctor already calls me fat. You mean, he's not supposed to? Bastard, I'm suing his ass.

(Berks County)

Hold on here....

Obesity is simply being defined medically as overweight right?

Whats the medical term for underweight? If pork rind munching couch potatoes get to be disabled us guys that are underweight and can't do shit about it should get to be disabled too.
    Please help my Baby Kitties and I avoid being homeless.

Quote Originally Posted by Farbmeister View Post
    It kinda IS a disability... you lost the ability to not shove food in your fat mouth.
    And THERE is the truth!

I'm sorry if I offend anyone here but shoveling food, especially crap fast food is just like doing drugs, smoking or anything else ... it is a personal decision, a decision that in a real world would be called stupid but in this PC "no one is a victim and no one is wrong" asinine world we live in bad personal choices are now excuses to be disabled and THAT my friends is BULLSHIT.

For example, Tootie is 46 (sorry sweety, trying to make a point), she is 5-10 and at the upper 150s weight. Most people tell her she is skinny yet she works out 3 days a week, watches what she eats and she cooks every meal we have in this house from scratch. Now weigh that against her oldest sister who is a few years older and bouncing off 400 pounds ever since she was in her 20s.

Her sister ALWAYS has some excuse for her weight (first it was hormones, then a made up childhood abuse that never happened, then [insert any excuse you can think of here]) ... every year it's a new excuse all while she slams food down her throat like there's no tomorrow. We had her and her family here for dinner once, she ate an entire chicken with all the fixings BY HERSELF while me, Tootie, our son, her husband and kid ate one chicken between us) ... it was as disgusting as it comes to watch her. Never once has her sister said "I need to watch what I eat" or "I need more exercise" ... it is ALWAYS something or someone else that has made her a fat fucking slob.

It is the society these asshole psychiatrists have created, making everyone 'feel good about themselves' and this 'everyone is a winner' BULLSHIT has become job #1 ... no such thing as personal responsibility anymore, always someone or something else's fault and these assholes have bought it hook, line and sinker. Then after the stupid psycho-babble bullshit they started the PC crap because if you think it's right we all have to say it is right, right?

Well guess what? America is a country of fat fucks that have a million excuses why they can't lose weight. We have the highest rate of heart attacks, strokes and just about every disease you can name ... so I wonder why that is, maybe the 10 'super sized' meals you ate this week? Maybe the FACT that 90% of the food you are eating is nothing more than chemicals and fats with damn near no nutrition in it? Maybe the fact that even after eating a complete meal you feel the need to have 5 snacks (again loaded with nothing but fats and empty calories) before you go to bed?

Nah, couldn't be ... it's cause my Momma didn't love me enough .... keep thinking that, right into the early grave.

(Philadelphia County)

Being considerably overweight is a medical problem, so why shouldn't/couldn't doctors talk about it to their patients?

If I was a doctor, I'd have a little heart-to-heart and say, "Listen, you're fat and we both know it. Your fatness is going to cause you medical problems in the future and you don't want that. I don't want to see you every week because you have knee pain or your heart is coming out of your chest, and you don't want to spend money coming here every week - not to mention all the money you spend on food - so do us both a favor and lose weight."

(Blair County)

Does all this mean I will be able to tie my own shoes again. Or will Obama appoint a skinny guy with a good back to do it for me.
    And if you want to race, name the place and I'll show you where it's at mother f@#$&#!

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by H.E. Pennypacker View Post
    Being considerably overweight is a medical problem, so why shouldn't/couldn't doctors talk about it to their patients?

If I was a doctor, I'd have a little heart-to-heart and say, "Listen, you're fat and we both know it. Your fatness is going to cause you medical problems in the future and you don't want that. I don't want to see you every week because you have knee pain or your heart is coming out of your chest, and you don't want to spend money coming here every week - not to mention all the money you spend on food - so do us both a favor and lose weight."

That is what the AMA is trying to get the ability to do. If obesity is ruled as a disability not only may that impact people collecting disability pay but doctors can't just tell you "thin up" loser.

Guess I need to drop weight since its not a disability... only 3 pounds till I'm just fat and not obese! woohoo.

btw - I know exactly what put me up this high... working over nights and living on shit food and Dunkin Doughnuts Cappuccino Blasts twice a night, combined with lots of delivery instead of cooking meals... bleh so easy to put it on, so hard to take it off
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast