Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Bucks County)

Default Rattlesnake Roundup

Anybody going to the Rattlesnake Roundup in Noxen, PA this weekend?
    I'm going with a couple of buddies. I'm thinking of OC'ing, but am not sure yet. Anybody gone there before, was it worth the trip? Looking ot have some fun, then down to see Centralia, and if we have time, a side trip to Mecca(Cabelas).

(Lebanon County)

Default Re: Rattlesnake Roundup

What day is that? That might sound like a plan, if its Sat. then I will try to be in.We'd even head to Centrailia with you!

(Bucks County)

Saturday is the day I had planned. Don't know for sure yet, but it looks like me and a couple or maybe three guys from my church. Good bunch, well goofy bunch anyway, we have fun, let's leave it that way. Yeah, that works.
    Weather looks like it might rain a bit, but not all day, so it should be fun.

(Luzerne County)

I'd give it mixed reviews. We took the kids some years ago, and the "roundup" is essentially 10 rattlesnakes in a hardware cloth pen about 20feet by 20. there was a drunken idiot in there stepping on all the snakes, bitching about how expensive collecting licenses were that year. So that was a turn off.

Then another idiot was freehanding a copperhead, great example for the kids. And as we were leaving (it starting getting a little rowdy in the town towards dark), there was a nasty looking skank that was flashing her boobs at all the cars coming/going into "town".

Other than that, the carnival part was fun for the kids. There was an impressive snake exhibit (from a pro, thank God) that had cobras, Gaboon vipers, etc in proper holding tanks. The food wasn't that bad, and if I understand, it benefits the fire dept.

For me, the best part was a fire truck parade at the end of the day (light)...there must've been 100 trucks from every corner of NEPA, all with sirens and lights flashing.

If you are taking children, I would go early and leave before quarter-past-drunk. If it's just adults and people that don't mind nasty boobs and profanity, I don't think the time is as critical.

And please...if you win the Poison or Bon Jovi mirror in a dart game I'll buy it off you top dollar. Just kidding.

Kinda curious, where in Noxen do the hunters find and capture the Copperheads and Rattlesnakes??

I went casually walking up a road that led into the gamelands property ... it was callled stone something i forgot the name lol road... are they up there???

I dont wanna catch them or hurt them, I just love observing snakes in the wild...
    any "secret" tips on where I could spot a few copperheads without harm and where I wouldnt get run off by the cops or game wardens would be helpful..
    thanks