Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Berks County)

Default HiViz or TruGlo?

I want to get some fiber optic sights for my H & K P2000 and Springfield XD. Does anyone have opinion as to which is better: HiViz or TruGlo?

Also, I dont think either of these companies has sights for the P2000. Does anyone know of any good fiber optic sights for a P2000?

Default Re: HiViz or TruGlo?

I seriously have my doubts about the TFOs durability. The longer fiber optics are a concern for me because they seem that they would break with little force. Especially, when you consider how often you will holster and unholster your pistols if you carry.

Why fiber optics over regular night sights?

Here's a site that offers fiber optics.

http://www.dawsonprecision.com/

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by aubie515 View Post
    Thanks for your advice. One of my XD's has regular night sights and I am not too impressed. They do show up well in low light conditions, but are not as noticable durring the day as even the standard sights on my other XD's.

(Berks County)

I just put a set of TruGlo TFOs on my Kimber and I am very impressed with them. The show very strong in all light conditions and while they are quite long they have metal bodies in which the fiber optics are surrounded on three sides. The fourth being the top and there is about 1/16 difference in the height of the sight vs the height of the fiber optic. So far I am very pleased but I can't give you an idea of their long term durability since mine are new.
    Bill USAF 1976 - 1986, NRA Endowment, USCCA

(Luzerne County)

I bought a Sig that came with a truglo tfo on the front. I liked it so much I bought tfo's for my XD-40 Just picked it up today actually. Fair warning the front is a suposed Beeeotchh to change on an XD. I diddnt change them myself I put up the $15 to have them done. As far as breaking it off.... I cant see it hapening. Im sitting here pushing on it with no deflection at all. But I could be wrong.

My $0.02
    - Big D
    I am looking for SIG ST Series pistols. Please PM me if you have one you would like to sell.

(Lawrence County)

Quote Originally Posted by aubie515 View Post
    I seriously have my doubts about the TFOs durability. The longer fiber optics are a concern for me because they seem that they would break with little force. Especially, when you consider how often you will holster and unholster your pistols if you carry.

Here's a site that offers fiber optics.

http://www.dawsonprecision.com/
    Regular night sights are THICK. For day work I prefer the .090 fiber optic. I run the Dawson Precision sights on most everything. I break a fiber about every 700-1500 rounds. Buyiong fiber optic from a gun shop is plain foolish.

Go here:

http://www.fiberopticproducts.com/Flourescent.htm

Lycangreenredandyellowthrope

I taught Chuck Norris to bump-fire.