Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Susquehanna County)

Default Stallworth pleads guilty, gets 30 days in jail

Can you say double standard WTF. I'm not a football player but if it was me I'd be in jail with someone saying what key
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...v=ap&type=lgns

Stallworth pleads guilty, gets 30 days in jail
    By CURT ANDERSON, AP Legal Affairs Writer
    46 minutes ago

Cleveland Browns wide receiver Donte’ Stallworth is going to serve 30 days in jail after pleading guilty in Florida to a DUI manslaughter charge.

The plea deal announced Tuesday calls for the 28-year-old Stallworth to also serve 10 years’ probation and do 1,000 community service hours for killing a pedestrian he hit with his car. Stallworth had faced up to 15 years in prison.

Police say Stallworth was drinking at a hotel bar before the March 14 crash that killed 59-year-old construction worker Mario Reyes. Tests showed Stallworth’s blood-alcohol content was .126.

Stallworth also reached a confidential financial settlement with the Reyes’ family. A person close to the negotiations told The Association Press about the agreement on the condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to talk about the deal.

(Lycoming County)

Default Re: Stallworth pleads guilty, gets 30 days in jail

Cha-Ching!! I am certain that the settlement had a lot to do with the acceptance of the Plea on the Criminal matter. Again, I say Cha-Ching!!

Be safe (and don't forget the Weregild, it has worked for centuries).

Scott

(Allegheny County)

... and apparently the life of the construction worker is worth 30 days in jail. Awesome. I wonder what my life is worth? A box of animal crackers? Maybe I'd be blessed enough to be worth a steak dinner? Awesome again.

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by GuyMontag View Post
    ... and apparently the life of the construction worker is worth 30 days in jail. Awesome. I wonder what my life is worth? A box of animal crackers? Maybe I'd be blessed enough to be worth a steak dinner? Awesome again.
    I am certain that the Family was compensated beyond a box of crackers. I think it is appropriate that the Family get compensation for the loss of their relative.

It is a rather recent (measured in centuries), and some say silly, development that an individual has to "pay a debt to society" for a crime. The victim, or wronged parties, i.e., his Family, should be compensated for the loss of the loved one and his income, etc. As far as I am concerned, I do not feel one way or the other if this offender sits in Jail for 30 days or 30 years, I have no dog it the fight. If it was my Family member, then it would be different.

As far as what your life would be worth, I suppose we would have to ask your Family That and your potential lifetime income, or earnability, plus a bunch of other variables. There is actually a formula that derives a number. It is just that Stallworth has a lot bigger numbers to plug into said formula, it makes the sentence on the Criminal matter easier to accept

Be safe (and remember, we have the best justice system money can buy).

Scott

(Luzerne County)

I don't have a problem. This was all because the family wanted this ordeal over...I can appreciate that.

If my ass gets mowed down by a drunk, I just hope my family is lucky enough for it to have been by a pro-athlete. Sure, it sucks, but I am positive they will never want financially, and kids will go to college that maybe wouldn't (total guess).

The 30 days isn't jack...1000 hours of community service? YIKES! I got 40 hours in the 80's, and I thought it would NEVER end. Cleaning out garbage trucks has a way of making time stand still. There are 2040 hours in a complete fulltime work year...so that's basically a 6-month full time job doing what could be very unpleasant work.

The real punishment is that Dante will be thinking about this for a looooong time. I'm sure the images of seeing that dude in the road won't be easily forgotten.

(Montgomery County)

This should be labeled DEAL of the DAY!! , Let’s make a deal !!!! 10 whole years of probation for running someone down while driving drunk, and Politicians and DA”s wonder why we have some much crime in this country, all I can say is WOW!
    Gt

(Monroe County)

The details of the case were a bit sketchy, supposedly the worker basically jumped in front of his car to run across the street. If he wasn't drunk they say he would have still hit the guy.

either way... good job retard. You can afford a cab!
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.