Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Cumberland County)

Default Bush takes one more step toward full Dictatorship :|

Straight from military industrial complex's controlled government's mouths.

THIS is not our constitutional Government people and never will be stop consenting to Treason folks
    http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/relea...070509-12.html

The directive defines a “Catastrophic Emergency” as the following.

"Catastrophic Emergency" means any incident, regardless of location, that results in extraordinary levels of mass casualties, damage, or disruption severely affecting the U.S. population, infrastructure, environment, economy, or government functions;

So what does this mean? This is entirely subjective and doesn’t provide any real concrete definition of what such an emergency would entail. Assuming that it means a disaster on the scale of the 9/11 attacks or Katrina, there is no question that the United States at some point in time will experience an emergency on par with either of those events. When one of those events takes place, the President will be a dictator in charge of ensuring a working constitutional government.

The language written in the directive is disturbing because it doesn’t say that the President will work with the other branches of government equally to ensure a constitutional government is protected. It says clearly that there will be a cooperative effort among the three branches that will be coordinated by the President. If the President is coordinating these efforts it effectively puts him in charge of every branch. The language in the directive is entirely Orwellian in nature making it seem that it is a cooperative effort between all three branches but than it says that the President is in charge of the cooperative effort.

The directive defines Enduring Constitutional Government as the following.

"Enduring Constitutional Government," or "ECG," means a cooperative effort among the executive, legislative, and judicial branches of the Federal Government, coordinated by the President, as a matter of comity with respect to the legislative and judicial branches and with proper respect for the constitutional separation of powers among the branches, to preserve the constitutional framework under which the Nation is governed and the capability of all three branches of government to execute constitutional responsibilities and provide for orderly succession, appropriate transition of leadership, and interoperability and support of the National Essential Functions during a catastrophic emergency;

Further on in the document it states the following.

The President shall lead the activities of the Federal Government for ensuring constitutional government.

(Westmoreland County)

Default Re: Bush takes one more step toward full Dictatorship :|

cas, when will you learn that people only care about this stuff when there isn't a Republican in the Whitehouse.

Very scary. We've been working our way towards this crap for a long time.
    "Because I'm an American." - MtnJack

(York County)

Highchild is correct, just check the history books, because JFK did the same thing, so did Lincoln and a few others. It's only media hype to help the liberal left. Take it for what it is; Politics...

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by crazyyankee View Post
    It's only media hype to help the liberal left. Take it for what it is; Politics...
    No , I beg to differ it is NOT just politics. They are systematicly destroying our future and our kids future.
    There is no difference between republicans and democrats and you sir are talking like the mold they have made for you . They got your mind stuck in the false left right paradigm. A general strike is the final peacefull solution , making citizen arrests along the way

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by cas View Post
    No , I beg to differ it is NOT just politics. They are systematicly destroying our future and our kids future.
    There is no difference between republicans and democrats and you sir are talking like the mold they have made for you . They got your mind stuck in the false left right paradigm. A general strike is the final peacefull solution , making citizen arrests along the way
    First off you don't know me, so please don't tell me where I stand politically. If you check the history books, you will see JFK did the same thing during the Cuban missle Crisis, Lincoln did it also and even went so far as to suspend Habius corpis(sp), FDR did the same thing, even started programs here that failed in communist Russia(they failed here also). I know the history and I've seen it done before. The only reason it is an issue at this time is because the liberal left wing media has brought attention to it. If there was a Demoncrat in the White House it would be the conservative right wing media bring attention to it. In plain words POLITICS.
    If you really want to do something about it get out and vote for whom ever you see as the best person for the job. Don't sit there and try to judge me, it's not your job. Do I think this country is going to "hell in a handbasket" damn straight I do and both political parties are to blame. Is there anything other then contacting my Reps and Senators that I can do? Not really if they don't listen
    Last but not least, VOTE

And to the few sheeple (and I know it is only a few, most of us here are very pro 2Amendment and vote accordingly) here all I can say is register to vote.

Oh cas, just so you know I'm a Constitutionalist, do I like this? no, have I seen it before? yes Do I like the way past presidents have abused the Constitution? no Do I like the way this president is abusing the Constitution? no Do I like idiots in Congress? Not a chance in hell
    So now you know where I stand. Oh I almost forgot, I'm a fiscal conservative, but I'm also a pagan, so I don't fit in either the right or the left.

Thank you for your time
    Mike

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by cas View Post
    Straight from military industrial complex's controlled government's mouths.

The directive defines a “Catastrophic Emergency” as the following.

"Catastrophic Emergency" means any incident, regardless of location, that results in extraordinary levels of mass casualties, damage, or disruption severely affecting the U.S. population, infrastructure, environment, economy, or government functions;

So what does this mean?
    Out of curiousity, since the federal government has dismally failed to properly define “Catastrophic Emergency” according to you, how would you properly define “Catastrophic Emergency”?
    1/111th IN
    MAJ Doug Sloan; SGT Brahim Jeffcoat; SGT Francis Straub; CPL Genaro Pelligrini; SPC Kurt Krout; SPC John Kulick; PFC Nathaniel DeTample. You never let your country or your brothers down, we will never forget you.