Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Pink XD goes to Meadville

After saying for two years, that I'm going to get new fire extinguishers, I finally went today.

Being kind of bored with Erie, I decided to venture out to Meadville to Home Depot.

My normal carry piece is the 38. Today I decided that it was time to take the XD for an outing.

Home Depot Meadville. Asked where the fire extinguishers were. Went to isle 1, grabbed 2. Oops, need duct tape. Isle 8.

Okay, maybe a new water filter for the sink. Looked at a few, decided on one, grabbed that. Oops, maybe a few extra filters, went back to the isle grabbed those.

I didn't notice if anyone noticed I was carrying a Pink gun. I really didn't care.

Then I went to look in the garden center. Very crowded, a bunch of looks, nobody said a word. Back out to look at some tools.

Tool dept, crowded with men. LOTS of looks, some whispers with elbow jabbing, a bunch of double looks, and a few bulging eyes however, nobody said a word to me. Men can be such wussies!

Checkout. I went to take the extinguishers out of the cart. The guy says, leave them. Walks out to scan the extinguishers and catches a glimpse. Scans one, then looks again. Looks at me and says, "is that Pink". I said, "yup". Scanned the credit card and walked out.

Got a text from Chazman321 that Walmart in Edinboro had WWB 9. Off to Edinboro. Walked right through Walmart to the ammo section. I didn't notice if anyone noticed. I was making a beeline for the ammo since it was at least 45 minutes since I got the text.

The guy at the counter was helping someone so I had to wait. Lots of looks while I was waiting, nobody said a thing. And if the guy that was pretending not to notice me by looking at the fishing lures, I sure did notice him.

Guy asked me what I wanted. Told him, he grabbed it and that was that. I needed to pay up front. Walked up front, stood in line and I heard the woman behind me say to her hubby, "that's a Pink gun, and I think its real".

Got rung up, swiped the debit card and was out the door.

The saddest of the day was in Walmart. She didn't ask me if I was over 21. Also, the famous question wasn't asked either. To which I would have replied "I don't know".

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Pink XD goes to Meadville

Quote Originally Posted by Michele View Post
    The saddest of the day was in Walmart. She didn't ask me if I was over 21. Also, the famous question wasn't asked either. To which I would have replied "I don't know".
    They never ask me that if I'm OC... I wonder why *grins*

After saying for two years, that I'm going to get new fire extinguishers, I finally went today.

Being kind of bored with Erie, I decided to venture out to Meadville to Home Depot.

My normal carry piece is the 38. Today I decided that it was time to take the XD for an outing.

Home Depot Meadville. Asked where the fire extinguishers were. Went to isle 1, grabbed 2. Oops, need duct tape. Isle 8.

Okay, maybe a new water filter for the sink. Looked at a few, decided on one, grabbed that. Oops, maybe a few extra filters, went back to the isle grabbed those.

I didn't notice if anyone noticed I was carrying a Pink gun. I really didn't care.

Then I went to look in the garden center. Very crowded, a bunch of looks, nobody said a word. Back out to look at some tools.

Tool dept, crowded with men. LOTS of looks, some whispers with elbow jabbing, a bunch of double looks, and a few bulging eyes however, nobody said a word to me. Men can be such wussies!

Checkout. I went to take the extinguishers out of the cart. The guy says, leave them. Walks out to scan the extinguishers and catches a glimpse. Scans one, then looks again. Looks at me and says, "is that Pink". I said, "yup". Scanned the credit card and walked out.

Got a text from Chazman321 that Walmart in Edinboro had WWB 9. Off to Edinboro. Walked right through Walmart to the ammo section. I didn't notice if anyone noticed. I was making a beeline for the ammo since it was at least 45 minutes since I got the text.

The guy at the counter was helping someone so I had to wait. Lots of looks while I was waiting, nobody said a thing. And if the guy that was pretending not to notice me by looking at the fishing lures, I sure did notice him.

Guy asked me what I wanted. Told him, he grabbed it and that was that. I needed to pay up front. Walked up front, stood in line and I heard the woman behind me say to her hubby, "that's a Pink gun, and I think its real".

Good on you for finally doing it!!!!!!
    You know what I mean!!!!!!!

(Northampton County)

Got a text from Chazman321 that Walmart in Edinboro had WWB 9. Off to Edinboro.
    I never get those texts. My friends suck I call them when I see ammo and buy it for them.

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post
    I never get those texts. My friends suck I call them when I see ammo and buy it for them.
    LOL

Its funny because Chazman321 doesn't live up here. He said he was on his way to Presque Isle, so he must have jumped off 79 to hit Walmart in Edinboro. How did he know they had ammo? Crystal ball? Tea leaves? Tarot cards?

(Mercer County)

LOL

Its funny because Chazman321 doesn't live up here. He said he was on his way to Presque Isle, so he must have jumped off 79 to hit Walmart in Edinboro. How did he know they had ammo? Crystal ball? Tea leaves? Tarot cards?
    Probably because that is one of the easiest Wal-Marts to get to in the world. It's right there, off the interstate. Exit, buy __________, get back on. Maybe he was buying suntan lotion.

Cool story! The next time you feel like heading south to OC, look me up! I'm just down in Grove City, which is quite OC friendly.

(Warren County)

I was at the boot box in meadville this weekend. It's only slightly more populated then out here in the sticks, but I've never had anyone say anything to me. If I'd have seen a pink XD, I would have said something
    Last edited by Gunfighter04; June 12th, 2009 at 11:21 AM.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunfighter04 View Post
    I was at the boot box in meadville this weekend. It's only slightly more populated then out here in the sticks, but I've never had anyone say anything to me. If I'd have seen a pick XD, I would have said something
    "Hey, Baby, what's your caliber? My range or yours? "

(Warren County)

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post
    "Hey, Baby, what's your caliber? My range or yours? "
    I was on the bike and had on a leather jacket. Even that doesn't help.

(Allegheny County)

I think they were all saying look at the hot women with the hot pink gun. I know if I saw a pretty lady OCing a pink gun I would look twice and elbow whoever I was with to show them. I would like to think I would have to courage to go up and talk to the lady and if no ring was present ask her out.
    "Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take an ass whoopin'" -unknown

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast