Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default AR-15 barrel cutting/rethreading?

I'd like to have the barrel on my AR cut, rethreaded, and then have a Noveske KX3 flash supressor permanently attached to give me a 16" overall barrel length without dealing with the NFA bullshit.

Who do you all recommend to do the work for me?

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: AR-15 barrel cutting/rethreading?

Why not contact PA Patriot? He is gong to be permanently attaching a FH to my M92 when he builds it. Now I just need to get it back from they that was suppose to blue it like 2 weeks ago, so I can send it to PA Patriot. The wait is killing me.
    Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    If the police could confiscate all of your guns and ammo using just one van, then you didn't own enough guns or ammo.
    WTB - NDS3 or NDS1 receiver FTF

(Philadelphia County)

http://www.adcofirearms.com/
    Adco should take care of you. Heard nothing but good things about them.
    Warning: I may not read responses to OP before posting

(Berks County)

While we're on the topic. . this is what I plan on doing. My current setup is an 18" barrel with a midlength gas system and carbine buffer/spring (in a UBR stock). I plan on having the barrel cut to 13.7" and having a Noveske KX3 perm. attached. Will the 13.7" barrel run reliably with a middy gas system?

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by BerksCountyDave View Post
    While we're on the topic. . this is what I plan on doing. My current setup is an 18" barrel with a midlength gas system and carbine buffer/spring (in a UBR stock). I plan on having the barrel cut to 13.7" and having a Noveske KX3 perm. attached. Will the 13.7" barrel run reliably with a middy gas system?
    Dave, i'm no expert and i do not own one - but from all my reading on the subject (over a year ago) your set up should run fine.

The idea behind the kx3 is that it helps shorter barreled guns run. The idea is that on a 7.5" or 10.5" barrel, it helps the gun cycle better. So, assume you have a 10.5" barrel with a carbine gas system. You only have 3" after the barrels gas port. On a middy, with the 13.7" barrel, you have roughly 4" after the gas port. So, the addition of the kx3 will help the middy run / cycle better too.

I'd send the barrel to ADCO to have the work done. They are great to work with.

Are you aware that the kx3 adds 8oz to the end of your gun? That is a lot of weight.

(Philadelphia County)

The KX3 is the Krink right?
    Your main concern is going to be the gas pulse, with such a short distance between the gas port and the crown it may need a larger gas port otherwise it's going to short stroke. The Krink is made to help increase back pressure is the SBR Krinkov so that may help. I would recommend that you send it to someone who knows the AR platform who will have a good idea of what the gas system will need to function. They may need to open up the gas port a bit to get a strong enough pulse and you don't want Jethro diggin around in there with his drill.
    Warning: I may not read responses to OP before posting

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Guns4Fun View Post
    Dave, i'm no expert and i do not own one - but from all my reading on the subject (over a year ago) your set up should run fine.

The idea behind the kx3 is that it helps shorter barreled guns run. The idea is that on a 7.5" or 10.5" barrel, it helps the gun cycle better. So, assume you have a 10.5" barrel with a carbine gas system. You only have 3" after the barrels gas port. On a middy, with the 13.7" barrel, you have roughly 4" after the gas port. So, the addition of the kx3 will help the middy run / cycle better too.

I'd send the barrel to ADCO to have the work done. They are great to work with.

Are you aware that the kx3 adds 8oz to the end of your gun? That is a lot of weight.
    Yep and that's part of the reason I'm going with the KX3. I don't mind weight, but I want the gun to balance well. I run a UBR stock, so the gun would likely be back heavy with a light flash hider.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Legion_Prime View Post
    The KX3 is the Krink right?
    Your main concern is going to be the gas pulse, with such a short distance between the gas port and the crown it may need a larger gas port otherwise it's going to short stroke. The Krink is made to help increase back pressure is the SBR Krinkov so that may help. I would recommend that you send it to someone who knows the AR platform who will have a good idea of what the gas system will need to function. They may need to open up the gas port a bit to get a strong enough pulse and you don't want Jethro diggin around in there with his drill.
    I have no idea what a Krink is.

This is the KX3 flash hider:

(Montgomery County)

Dave, one more thing.

You should search over on ARF for old posts - or check out yuotube. They had pics / video shooting with the kx3 at night and they had really cool flames coming out of the end of the guns. Looked like a flame thrower.

That should not be an issue with mil ammo because they use a flash retardent in that ammo.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Guns4Fun View Post
    Dave, one more thing.

You should search over on ARF for old posts - or check out yuotube. They had pics / video shooting with the kx3 at night and they had really cool flames coming out of the end of the guns. Looked like a flame thrower.

That should not be an issue with mil ammo because they use a flash retardent in that ammo.
    I shoot strictly hand loads, so I guess I'll have the flash. I don't have a problem with that though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast