Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lackawanna County)

Default Thinking about putting a gun on Gunbroker

Is it like using Ebay? or is there quite more to it...i'm auctally taking time to read the agreements between myself and the site. What does it normally cost to ship a gun? If i want to ship ammo do i need to do a ffl or get hazmat clearance? umm what kind of fee does gunbroker take? Does paypal fit in anywhere if so i saw somewhere add 3% i'm guessing thats to cover the PP fees. http://forum.pafoa.org/firearms-6/57...tion-more.html this is what i plan to put on there....now if anyone can give me a ball park what it would cost to ship that it'd be great. IF someone could walk me thro the steps of shipping that would be good also...explain like i'm a retard i don't want to mess anything up. oh yeah can you ship ammo with a gun (and no i don't mean a loaded gun).

thanks

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Thinking about putting a gun on Gunbroker

Quote Originally Posted by mickey01023 View Post
    Is it like using Ebay? or is there quite more to it...i'm auctally taking time to read the agreements between myself and the site. What does it normally cost to ship a gun? If i want to ship ammo do i need to do a ffl or get hazmat clearance? umm what kind of fee does gunbroker take? Does paypal fit in anywhere if so i saw somewhere add 3% i'm guessing thats to cover the PP fees. http://forum.pafoa.org/firearms-6/57...tion-more.html this is what i plan to put on there....now if anyone can give me a ball park what it would cost to ship that it'd be great. IF someone could walk me thro the steps of shipping that would be good also...explain like i'm a retard i don't want to mess anything up. oh yeah can you ship ammo with a gun (and no i don't mean a loaded gun).

thanks
    You can not use Paypal to pay for or receive payment for firearms - it is against Paypal rules that you agreed to when you signed up. This is why you see so many "evil Paypal" comments in the auctions.

I sold a barrel off of Gunbroker from my Mossberg 500A - just like using Ebay.

The shipping part gets to be a pain in the butt. I would check with a dealer (FFL) in your area and see what they might charge you to use their license to ship out the gun to the recipients FFL. They have methods of shipment available to them that you do not.

Read this page then read it again:
    http://www.gunbroker.com/Support/Sup...1118&NoCount=1
    FNX-9 Two-tone

(Centre County)

Start by reading this:
    http://forum.pafoa.org/general-2/568...ten-asked.html

Shipping costs will be determined on how it is shipped. If you will be doing the shipping, since it is a handgun, it will have to go UPS or FedEx (overnight delivery, per their regulations). If you look at the Gunbrokers auctions you'll see that the average shipping fees are $25-$35.

Ammo shipments can go direct to the buyer, again see the sticky about shipping.
    Ron USAF Ret E-8 FFL01/SOT3 NRA Benefactor Member

(Perry County)

My dealer ships them for me for a flat $25. He can ship USPS, a non-FFL can't. A lot of other FFLs won't receive a gun unless it comes from another FFL.

(Blair County)

Gunbroker is very much like E-Bay except cheaper. You can list a firearm and 4 pictures for free, with automatic relist until sold, if you don’t choose any extra cost features. If you can host your own photos then an unlimited number can be displayed:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=130957273

I think I have 52 photos here.

Shipping a handgun is tough. Best way is USPO, but that option is only available to FFL’s. Non FFL’s can only ship FedEx or UPS, and then it must be Next Day. Best to find an FFL who can help. Ammo is no problem, no extra cost at UPS, only an “ORM-D - Cartridges - Small Arms” label is required. You can download one on the WEB. It must contain the “Cartridges - Small Arms” words.

Shipping long guns, rifles and shotguns, is no problem. Anyone can ship via UPS.

Steve

(Bucks County)

unfortunately that particular SW pistol is not a popular model and unless you start the bidding very low with no reserve i would guess no one will bid. i think your best bet is to trade it at a shop towards something else with the understanding you'll lose money. you also might try listing it on www.sturmgewehr.com but be careful to follow the rules for posting WTB adds or the mod will delete your post. also google SW discussion boards and try and post it for sale there, might have better luck.

as for shipping you can ship the pistol yourself via UPS or FEDEX but it must be overnighted per their rules/regulations. cost can vary from around 30 bucks to well over 60 bucks depending on weight and destination. places like the UPS store will not accept firearms so you'll have to drive to a hub in order to ship the pistol.

good luck with your sale