Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Traffic Stop

(Adams County)

Default Re: Traffic Stop

Sounds like a fantastic experience all the way around.

camper
    It's the 2nd Amendment that protects all others

(Venango County)

Even I can't find anything to complain about on this one!

Good job all around. I wish all encounters were like this.
    It is you. You have all the weapons that you need. Now fight. --Sucker Punch

(Northumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by 4XLT View Post
    really any day you get pulled over and leave without owing money is a good day
    u got that rite mister, a speeding ticket is enough to ruin anyones day!

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by djturnz View Post
    I'm glad you had a good experience.

I don't understand the "on a bike" question. Did you mean a motorcycle or a bicycle? On a Motorcycle is not OC or CC, its carrying in a Vehicle, which still requires an LTCF. Maybe I misunderstand the question.

Did you get a 5 day card for the headlight?

Slow Down!
    i am going to have to dissagree with you on the carrying on a motorcycle is "in a vehicle" which it is clearly not " in " and most deffiantely not concealed... still have to carry on my bike to find out i guess...

he gave me a 5 day card but circled and wrote in 10 days...

thanks everyone fo the feedback and rep, i thought it went better than most stops i hear about..

thing is when i got home the damn light was working !! lol so i guess a new bulb will be picked up this weekend...
    Tigers love pepper, they don't like cinnamon !

(Berks County)

4xlt,

Thanks for the post. It's nice to hear that it's possible to have a conversation with a LEO and not have it spiral out of control or turn into an abuse of a citizen's rights.

Good work.
    "Political Correctness is just tyranny with manners"
    -Charlton Heston

"[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
    -James Madison, Federalist Papers, No. 46.

"America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy." [sic]
    -John Quincy Adams

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Μολών λαβέ!
    -King Leonidas

(Adams County)

i am going to have to dissagree with you on the carrying on a motorcycle is "in a vehicle" which it is clearly not " in " and most deffiantely not concealed... still have to carry on my bike to find out i guess...

he gave me a 5 day card but circled and wrote in 10 days...

thanks everyone fo the feedback and rep, i thought it went better than most stops i hear about..

thing is when i got home the damn light was working !! lol so i guess a new bulb will be picked up this weekend...
    Yes I understand the semantics of IN vs ON, however, the reason you need an LTCF in a car is not because it is physically concealed by the body of the car, it is because the UFA states it is required when carrying in a vehicle.

§6106. Firearms not to be carried without a license.

(a) Offense defined.*

(1) Except as provided in paragraph (2), any person who carries a firearm in any vehicle or any person who carries a firearm concealed on or about his person, except in his place of abode or fixed place of business, without a valid and lawfully issued license under this chapter commits a felony of the third degree.
    Like I said, maybe I don't understand your question, but if it is whether or not an LTCF is required to carry on a motorcycle, yes.
    Adams County Sport Handgunners Association - President

(Bucks County)

thing is when i got home the damn light was working !! lol so i guess a new bulb will be picked up this weekend....
    co-worker told me yesterday i had a tail light out. I had a spare in the glove box so before i left work i swapped them out. Looking at the old bulb..it looked just fine. Plugged it back into the socket, stepped on brake and it worked. Our bulbs must be related... I put the new one back in anyway.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by djturnz View Post
    Yes I understand the semantics of IN vs ON, however, the reason you need an LTCF in a car is not because it is physically concealed by the body of the car, it is because the UFA states it is required when carrying in a vehicle.

Like I said, maybe I don't understand your question, but if it is whether or not an LTCF is required to carry on a motorcycle, yes.
    That may actually not be the case, believe it or not. This thread dove into the subject rather epically, and Attorney General Office opinions and case precedent stating that concealed and vehicle may not be totally separate issues can be found in post #44, post #47, and post #48. Having a license to carry a firearm (LTCF) is still, of course, the safest recommendation if you don’t feel like having your own lawyer make that argument, though.

...so i guess a new bulb will be picked up this weekend...
    While you are at it....I would get 2 bulbs, as they usually have about the same service life, meaning the other will burn out soon also.

Back to your encounter. Your write-up was fine. Just because Pennsy has all that fancy, schmancy, skoolin', doesn't mean we will enjoy your posts any less. I can relate to your writing skills just fine. No college boy here.

Rep sent for your good conversation and ambassadorshipness.

(Delaware County)

Sounds like the word is getting out if they have had their training or not, good job.

I like how you worked this in:

i also asked him about riding on a bike weather he woudl consider that OC or CC and he said he would think that that would be OC and not concealed in anyway... again a good encounter...
    and although it's only his opinion, nice to see how at least one LEO looks at the whole "IN/ON" thing.

Would be nice to finally have that confusion cleared up.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast