Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Glenn Beck

(Bucks County)

Default Glenn Beck

on his radio show this morning had a caller that told him about open carry being legal in VA without a permit. That wasn't the purpose of the call, it just wound up there. Glenn made the comment that he's going to have to take a vacation in VA so that he can walk down the street with his gun hanging from his hip.

If i was a more "out going" person i would have called him...but instead I sent him an email explaining that you can also do it here in PA...mentioned the exceptions...vehicle, Philly...and gave him the link to the PA Open Carry flyer...as well as the MPOETC. Glenn lived in Philly until about a year ago when his show moved to NYC...now lives in CT....and he is a gun owner.

(Pike County)

Default Re: Glenn Beck

Quote Originally Posted by mrjam2jab View Post
    on his radio show this morning had a caller that told him about open carry being legal in VA without a permit. That wasn't the purpose of the call, it just wound up there. Glenn made the comment that he's going to have to take a vacation in VA so that he can walk down the street with his gun hanging from his hip.

If i was a more "out going" person i would have called him...but instead I sent him an email explaining that you can also do it here in PA...mentioned the exceptions...vehicle, Philly...and gave him the link to the PA Open Carry flyer...as well as the MPOETC. Glenn lived in Philly until about a year ago when his show moved to NYC...now lives in CT....and he is a gun owner.
    I sent him the same email.

(Bucks County)

I caught that caller too. I thought about calling in and informing him about our great state but did not because:
    I know the call qeue is long with his show.
    I have a Nextel paperweight for a phone and was in South Jersey and it was cloudy(extremely so). Nextel phones lose their signal if you sit down under a shade tree, hell, they lose it if you sit in the shade of one of THEIR antennas!! JUNK!!!

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by AxiTech View Post
    Nextel phones lose their signal if you sit down under a shade tree, hell, they lose it if you sit in the shade of one of THEIR antennas!! JUNK!!!
    That made me laugh hard. Thank you I needed that tonight.

(Lebanon County)

Yep, heard it too. I tried to call but couldn't get through so I ent him a long e mail with lots info and links to every OC/gun law related site I could thing of including the PA AG, and here. Didn't get to listen to him today, and probably won't for several days as we are leaving for a 2 day get away.
    If you don't know who your state legislators are go here:
    http://www.legis.state.pa.us/index.cfm
    put your zip plus 4 in the box in the upper right hand corner.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by AxiTech View Post
    Nextel phones lose their signal if you sit down under a shade tree, hell, they lose it if you sit in the shade of one of THEIR antennas!! JUNK!!!
    You know, I've heard that so many times but I've never had a problem with mine. I've been using Nextel for around 10 years. Weird.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by unloved View Post
    You know, I've heard that so many times but I've never had a problem with mine. I've been using Nextel for around 10 years. Weird.
    That's fine if you never leave the one or two locations that they actually work in.

Topic related:

I heard that call too.
    Koli's back from Ambler.

(Montgomery County)

I find this to be kind of interesting. Glenn Beck was just here in VA like last week, and VCDL members were all over the meeting (with his blessings) handing out bumper stickers. The property management (I think this took place in a convention center in Richmond) eventually stopped the sticker-passing.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by TinGLOCK View Post
    I find this to be kind of interesting. Glenn Beck was just here in VA like last week, and VCDL members were all over the meeting (with his blessings) handing out bumper stickers. The property management (I think this took place in a convention center in Richmond) eventually stopped the sticker-passing.
    yes...that was the original topic of the call. The caller was at that show of Glenn's...she saw the guy giving out the "Guns Save Lives" stickers...but the mgmt/security wouldnt allow people to wear those stickers inside...

or something along those lines. Anybody remember the call better?

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by mrjam2jab View Post
    yes...that was the original topic of the call. The caller was at that show of Glenn's...she saw the guy giving out the "Guns Save Lives" stickers...but the mgmt/security wouldnt allow people to wear those stickers inside...

or something along those lines. Anybody remember the call better?
    I see. That makes sense.