Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (Indiana County)

Default Re: HB 1292 - Changes to Licensing (LTCF)

If HB 1292 becomes law, then Philadelphia's willy-nilly revocations might just slow down a bit (Canceled because you were a crime victim; Canceled because you got a parking ticket; Canceled because it's Thursday; Etc., etc.).

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by IronSight View Post
    No offense, but even if that passes the law still really, really sucks, badly.
    No offense but What are you prepared to do with direct action to change that statement?

PA is still rated the 10th most restrictive firearm state by the Brady bunch because of gun owners not standing in opposition when these most of these laws were enacted in the mid 1990's

You want to change or repeal the law altogether?

Little help little fixes, big help with overwhelming support anything is possible you notice i didn't say money, it certain would help but we are used to not having any, so we make up with determination.

How about doing your part, getting us only 3% of the total gun owners in PA at the capital on April 27, rally and legislative lobbying event to go jam the capital hall ways with gun owners, we will get you what ever you want changed or fixed in the UFA.

estimate there is 2.5 million gun owners in PA with 3% what’s that like 75,000 people, we can't even get 3% from PAFOA to attend with 3 months advance notice given.

Even if we could only 3% of the gun owners to call or write their Reps once a month to push legislation the same results could be achieved. How many years has gun control advanced in PA before recently doing these rallies have we been able to start repealing parts of the worst section with a tiny faction of gun owners doing all the work?

Where is everyone else help that enjoys the benefits when it comes time to do the work?

So no offense again, but what results to you really expect when its only a few Unpaid volunteers people doing all the work?

Quote Originally Posted by renegadephoenix View Post
    i'm working on it, i was with Whitefeather all day sunday working the FOAC booth at the Washington Co. gun show and we were discussing these issues and the coresponding HBs.
    How many people at a gun show didn't seem to care enough about there rights to even give one day to defend their rights? renegadephoenix was there and can tell you the same sad story, people who don't care about defending their rights soon will find they don't have many left.

If most gun owners at a gun show don't care enough about defending their rights why should the elected Reps give a higher priority to them? Really? why should they? Still many elected Reps do care about protect gun owners rights because FOAC helps (re) elect them to office.

BTW renegadephoenix the Rep stop at the FOAC booth did sign on to HB 1541 the day after we talked with him about it thx for the assist.

Don't like PA laws how about work tireless like many of the FOAC Unpaid volunteers do every month year after year doing their part in the fight for the cause in which they so strongly believe in, what about everyone else?

we are out there in the front line in the trenches engaged directly in the fight and there is no one else out here in the fight that i can see. Go work a few gun shows go make a few 2nd A presentation at gun clubs you will be disappointed in gun owners and understand why we have laws or as you stated better than I could.

No offense, but even if that passes the law still really, really sucks, badly.
    We got many bad existing laws because most gun owners don't care till it effects them personally....then they always look to the UFA for protection and there is one little clause that just didn't happen to be in there that shields them. that was us that did the tiny fix, just to get what is needed that saves their butts.

Reading many post by people posting and highlighted a section of law that WE helped directly put in the UFA, even got probably got memos of the crafting of the actual language that we stuck in there that many on PAFOA now quote, makes us proud to know that the special forces of FOAC activistism makes a difference.

Sorry for the rant, just got off a two days working a booth at a gun show, we got SIX scheduled 2nd A presentation to make in beginning of March (so far) with drive / meeting time its 5-6 hour each so that about a 40 work week that is freely given in the cause to fix the laws, not to mention still have to make time to work on April 27 rally paper work and have to fit in a team leadership meeting that hasn't been scheduled and still have to write up an outline of bills yet. All of this with full time jobs and family we have to fit in around this being un paid activist.

BTW Should include that my wife think I am a fool and wasting my cash & time away from my family because most gun owners don’t seem to care, well not enough to do anything constructive to change anything at least. . Is Wifey right or wrong? I think she is correct sad to say.......

....If gun owners really don't care about protecting their Rights, why should the elected Reps?
    Learn how to really SUPPORT the 2nd Amendment cause Go To http://www.foac-pac.org/

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteFeather View Post

Sorry for the rant
    No need to apologize, I'd be pissed too if I worked my ass off and no-one seemed to give a damn. I only recently started paying attention to PA's gun laws, largely because I realized I wanted to start carrying & I will soon be 21 (middle of this month). I'd love to get involved with FOAC, honestly, I just don't have any real idea where or when they need volunteers.. So for now my involvement's been with writing letters to the commissioners who consider L&S laws, and calling or writing sheriff's to get clarification on their policies. I ought to add those state reps to my e-mailing & writing list.

That reminds me to e-mail Kim Stolfer back, I'll ask about the volunteering.

(Allegheny County)

No need to apologize, I'd be pissed too if I worked my ass off and no-one seemed to give a damn. I only recently started paying attention to PA's gun laws, largely because I realized I wanted to start carrying & I will soon be 21 (middle of this month). I'd love to get involved with FOAC, honestly, I just don't have any real idea where or when they need volunteers.. So for now my involvement's been with writing letters to the commissioners who consider L&S laws, and calling or writing sheriff's to get clarification on their policies. I ought to add those state reps to my e-mailing & writing list.

Thanks for stepping up and fighting the fights you can, you've done more than a lot of people on this forum have done.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

(Allegheny County)

THANK YOU for joining in the fight, WE sure can use the help from everyone that is willing to fight for the cause.

Your involvement with FOAC like any group including PAFOA, is all what you want to make of your contribution of time and effort.

The opportunity is there for you as a individual to make a real difference for the future of firearm ownership, you just to have to decide what you like to do that really needs done and follow through with direct action.

It’s always easier and more fun to do something you like to do as volunteer, FOAC will work anyone willing to join in the battle.

Please do follow up and email Kim Stolfer at activist@fyi.net
    Learn how to really SUPPORT the 2nd Amendment cause Go To http://www.foac-pac.org/

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123