Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (York County)

Default Shupp's Gunsmithing in York, PA... great service!

Hi all,

I just wanted to let you guys know about a great gunsmith in York, PA. It's a small shop in the man's house. He both sells and services firearms. He's a very personable guy, who seems genuine. Here's my story...

I recently purchased a practically new 2-shot Remington factory magazine extension for my 870P. It was parkerized, but my 870P is high-gloss blued. So I took it to him to be refinished. I simply told him to refinish it in blued. In only 2 weeks or so, it was done! It looked great, and only cost $20! Unfortunately, it was a matte blue, and since I'm a perfectionist, I really wanted it polished blued to match my 870P. It was my fault for not being more specific. So, he said he'd take it back and redo it again... smoothing/polishing the bead-blasted finish and rebluing. Here's the best part... he said he'd credit my account for the amount I already paid! Now that is very cool. I should have the part back again in a couple of weeks. That is great turnaround for blueing.

Chris

Here's the contact info:

Shupp's Gunsmithing
    Address: 3502 Druck Valley Rd, York, PA 17402
    Phone: (717) 755-8528

(York County)

He's also an FFL, so you can have any firearms you purchase sent to him. I asked what he charges for the service, and while I don't recall the exact amount, I do recall thinking it was pretty low... maybe $25 or so.

Chris

(York County)

thanks for the info, i'll have to call him when i need something done next time. what are his hours? does he have any stuff or does he order it.

(York County)

He's closed on Sundays ad Mondays. Tuesday thru Thursday he's open from 11am to 5 or 6 pm I think. I forget Friday and Saturday. But you can get the hours when you call.

(Adams County)

Default Re: Shupp's Gunsmithing in York, PA... great service!

Thanks to the referal on here (not this thread, but another that posted SHupp's) I called himup to get a quote. He said he will solder a front sight on my Mossberg Barrel for my ghost rings for $35 and cold blue it afterwards.

Until this, the best offer I got was a shop that would epoxy it on for $65, and I'd be stuck re-blueing it myself.

So he has by business, as soon as I get the time to run over there.

Thanks