Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Walther PPK/S jamming problem...

I have a Smith and Wesson Walther PPK/S that likes to jam pretty frequently. It does one of two things. Either as the round is being chambered, it jams right away OR it chambers the round...but the slide does not return all of the way forward.

I think the problem is magazine related. I have less than 150 rounds through the gun so far. Is this something that will go away with time or is there some sort of way I can speed this process up? The problem is more common with the non finger extended magazine.

It sucks when I am trying to show off my gun to friends and it locks up.

-Zach

(Northumberland County)

Default Re: Walther PPK/S jamming problem...

theres been alot of complaints about the walther ppk/s in .380 caliber, problems with the trigger and sear.

(Philadelphia County)

What ammo did you use? Have you been diligent with cleaning it? My S&W PPK/S eats everything flawlessly except Aguila. Other than the recent recall, I haven't heard that these guns are problematic.

Al

(Bucks County)

I clean it after I shoot it. I use Remington and Magtech ammo...I also have some American Eagle that it doesn't really like feeding...although I admit I only tried it when the gun was first bought and the springs in the magazines were even stronger then. I might give that another go.

-Zach

Quote Originally Posted by mythaeus View Post
    What ammo did you use? Have you been diligent with cleaning it? My S&W PPK/S eats everything flawlessly except Aguila. Other than the recent recall, I haven't heard that these guns are problematic.

Al

York City Pharmaceutical District, Pennsylvania
    (York County)

My understanding with that model gun is the magazines are delicate. The ears bend and then it won't function properly.

Before you make any changes to the gun, get a new magazine and see if that corrects the problem.

I had a similar problem after 450 rounds or so. warranty long over so took it to the smith. He replaced several parts that he said were bad from the factory. runs good now.

my ppk/s does the same exact thing but it is with all mags and i bought 2 new mags and does same thing... still have to send mine back for recall ill tell them about it.... anybody get theirs back yet??

(Philadelphia County)

S&W will service your gun regardless if you are the first owner, under warranty or not. If it's manufacturer's defect, they'll do the work to save the reputation. That's my personal experience with them anyway.

Have you had someone else try shooting the gun to make sure that it's not something that you're doing? Try some of the suggestions posted, then give CS a call if nothing works. Don't tell them whether or not your gun is under warranty.

Al

(Monroe County)

If the problem is more pronounced on non-extended mags as you stated, the problem is obviously shooter induced.
    You are absorbing too much of the recoil, thus the recoil energy of the ms, lock your arms and wrtists when you shoot it .

Dont use magsafe in you walther, magsafe use a thick brass that has a sharp edge that will jam in the throat ,

My Walther hates fmj but eats everything jhp, never a mafl in my Smith Walther.

Have another shooter shoots it and see the results.

TRy some quality ammo in it , stop shooting all that junky ammo in it. Its not a "range gun" I guarantte that gun will be perfect with Federal HS

Nyman

I just received mine brand new and it does it right off the bat. I bought whats been most recommended which is cor bon and federal hydra shok jhp. It jams after a couple of shots. Also when I load the mag and slide back it will not go all the way forward. When it does, the mag will not slide off when I hit the release button. I have to play with it then it finally drops

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast