Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default My small collection

First time posting these here.

Just some updated pics I took today. Got my hands on my mom's work camera which is nicer than my Cybershot so I figured I'd snap some pics.

(Northumberland County)

Default Re: My small collection

what ? no AR in your collection? every collection needs an AR to be complete! nice lil collection ya got there .

(Berks County)

Sadly not yet. I've been out of work since January and since then I've bought the PT1911 & GSG-5. Gonna try and find an AR @ Valley Forge when it rolls around. Also looking at a Mossberg 500 at a local shop to really round out the collection.

(Berks County)

Oh and before anyone says anything about it I know I shouldn't be running steel cased ammo in my PT 1911. I however didn't know it at the time of purchase and the shop owner where I purchased it told me everything would be ok. Not gonna mention names because other than that they've never steered me wrong.

If anyone is interested I have 150 rounds of Wolf .45Auto sitting here that I won't run through the 1911 ever again.

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by Munky View Post
    Oh and before anyone says anything about it I know I shouldn't be running steel cased ammo in my PT 1911. I however didn't know it at the time of purchase and the shop owner where I purchased it told me everything would be ok. Not gonna mention names because other than that they've never steered me wrong.

If anyone is interested I have 150 rounds of Wolf .45Auto sitting here that I won't run through the 1911 ever again.

Why shouldn't you run steel cased ammo in your PT1911? Don't believe everything you read/hear about shooting steel cases, my buddies reload steel cases. All that talk is from people who think it's bad to shoot cheap ammo. I'll bet money that a lot of the people that have said steel cases are bad are more than likely shooting it now considering the prices.

My PT1911 has seen 5K+ steel cased rounds with no excessive wear or any other sort of damage. My only issue is that Wolf is dirty ammo. I does require a lot cleaning. The same could be said about WWB, the only difference is the WWB doesn't have the primer sealer that the Wolf does.
    Last edited by Fr0sty; June 8th, 2009 at 06:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TXDMERC73 View Post
    what ? no AR in your collection? every collection needs an AR to be complete! nice lil collection ya got there .
    Every collection has to start somewhere, Given time im sure he will have one or 2 lolol. Other then that the OP is off to a good start.

Semper Fi,

(Berks County)

Really? Why not? I feed steel case .45, .223, 7.62x39 to mine all the time. Any extra wear on extractors is more than paid for by savings in ammo cost, and I've yet to see any excess wear on my PT-1911, STG-556, AKs, or AR.

(Lebanon County)

I have that same tray, closet door in my parents house, and so it look like those pictures were taken in my house.

(Monroe County)

the 1911 is for protection, the glock for reliability, and GSG for fun. cant go wrong with that. but a nice shotgun and long rifle would have you rounded out. im still working on my collection. got the Sig for protection and reliability and the GSG for fun, and shopping for a shotgun next. Moss 500 most likely. then eventually a rifle, but im not fond of AR's.
    Guns don't kill people, it's mostly the bullets.

(Berks County)

Gonna try and find an AR @ Valley Forge when it rolls around.
    Look very carefully. Last few times I was at VF the prices, especially on ARs, were REALLY high IMHO.
    "Political Correctness is just tyranny with manners"
    -Charlton Heston

"[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
    -James Madison, Federalist Papers, No. 46.

"America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy." [sic]
    -John Quincy Adams

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Μολών λαβέ!
    -King Leonidas

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast