Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: Mike's Guns Levittown Pa

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyPhunk View Post
    Who cares if he went to talk to him. Its really not about the 5$ or a "grumpy hubby" (kind of classless to insinuate hes a grumpy guy whos wife is afraid of him isnt it ?).

I wouldnt shop anywhere that disrespected my girlfriend or wife like that either.

When I first read this I didnt know what to think. Then I did know what to think and was going to tell you to bite my ass, but I thought better of that also.

So let me ask you these questions.

How was this lady disrespected?

Do you have any proof?

Have you ever been to Mikes?

What is he charging for these primers today?

Is the grumpy hubby scenario implausible?

Do you have any proof?

Ive had Mike quote me a price higher than the guy next to me and tell me thats its because the other guy spends more there that He gets a break, not that hes charging me more. It didnt make me happy, but I know he was being straight with me.

Anyway, ulooze lets go out shooting sometime. Send me a PM.

(Montgomery County)

your right--my statement about running your mouth was inappropiate--hopefully someone at Mike's knows that there may be a problem, that needs to be straightened out

(Bucks County)

ulooze,

First off you are visiting a place of business, not a shop to give handouts.
    Second I know Mike and he is very respectful to his women customers.
    Third, you mentioned you have spent your fair share of money there, he probably WAS giving you a deal, you said it yourself 45 was a fantastic deal.
    Continuing, Mike has been in business for years and he did not get there by skimming five bucks a week from women....
    He raised the price I am sure due to demand.... it's a little step in economics and running a successful business....

With all due respect you should go discuss this with Mike in person man to man, and not behind a computer screen. If you want though PM me and I will paypal you $5.

(Lehigh County)

you 2 do realize that this thread is 3 years old.

(Bucks County)

My sole experience with Mike's was calling there to find out when they closed, being told they were open until 7, driving an hour out of my way in rush hour traffic to get there by 6:30, only to find they had already closed.

With shops like Tanner's, Surplus, and Classic around, why would i ever do that again?
    Almost a LIB .... ertarian

Quote Originally Posted by tonyfac View Post
    I don't think that matters to them
    Hold the Line...

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by rikilii View Post
    My sole experience with Mike's was calling there to find out when they closed, being told they were open until 7, driving an hour out of my way in rush hour traffic to get there by 6:30, only to find they had already closed.

With shops like Tanner's, Surplus, and Classic around, why would i ever do that again?
    even though it is 3 years old (the thread)

I have had similar experiences, when I only knew of mikes as my only local shop, I wanted almost an hour past opening for them to show up one day. I bought two guns there, dont think I would ever go back, but to each their own.
    <-Click For My Youtube [Don't waive your rights with your flags. -Sage Francis]

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by tonyfac View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by spacemanvic View Post
    I don't think that matters to them
    Yeah cuz no one ever bitches about people not using the search function before starting a new thread....

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by spartakis252 View Post
    Yeah cuz no one ever bitches about people not using the search function before starting a new thread....
    Let em cry some more. I stopped there today after getting my 3 box ration of 7.62 at Wal-Mart. He wanted $12.50 for a 20pack of Tulammo that cost $5.60 across the street. The owner is rude so are his lackeys. I'm happy to drive 40 minutes to Tanners to be treated properly.

(Bucks County)

I know this thread is older, but I was in there today to do a transfer with a coworker. I heard him say they had some 38 special rounds. I thought great, I can pick some up. I asked what they had and they had the Winchester white box 100 round pack. Even better... I asked the price and he pulled out 50 rounds and said $34.95. I said "for 50?". He then said yeah for 50. I said no thanks and waited for an open line on pics. He also said hr had no 357 in stock but they had a box of armscor, but I was afraid to ask the price. Had a guy come in while I was there to loom at a s&w sigma, said he had one on order from tanners and the price was $319 and that Mike's price was over $100 more. Mike said he can get that gun for 319, but he would have to wait for it to come in from his distributor. They had some cool older guns for some semi decent prices, but everything was overpriced. My buddy wanted some 22 lr ammo and he had a few boxes of the remington viper, but said he couldn't sell it to him because he needed it in case someone bought one of their overpriced semi auto 22 handguns. But like I said, my biggest problem was that he tried to sell me a half box of ammo for full price.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast