Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Car issues.

(Lancaster County)

Default Car issues.

So in 2006 I bought my chevy cobalt, I paid in full.

Since I bought that car, it has been nothing but one ass ache after another.

headlights constantly blow out (hasn't happened in awhile), three different times and they say it's nothing to be worried about.

Turn signals go out randomly again getting told "it happens, nothing to worry about".

My car got recalled once, and never a notice from anyone I found out months later, and even then the dealer hesitated about doing anything because i waited too long...wtf?!

Drivers side door's latch has jammed either in the open position, or closed either A letting the door open up at random, or B locking me inside. There is a bulletin about it, the dealer the first time used Lube, then a while later it did it again and they said "We wont cover this, we fixed it the last time, it'll be $30 for lube" After complaining to the manager they did it for free but again failed to replace the latch....

CD player broke, they fixed that....

Speaker had some issues (around the same time the lights have their issues), now today finally the one damn speaker has gone out completely...I never have my speakers turned up all the way either.

my car when it's idle will stutter pretty badly, I've taken it to the dealer, even the mechanic said "yeah that shouldn't do that" They do tests and they come out and say "actually that is normal, because the tests say no problem."

What do you guys think?

Serious issues with the car they keep missing? Or just one big ass coincidence? The warranty expires in just a little over 10,000 miles (extended warranty). So I am VERY worried about what happens when I have to start paying. The next car I buy sadly wont be a Chevy, or for that matter a GM, I've lost trust in them.

Now what pisses me off, until September or so, I work 5/6 days a week, Monday my only day off, I have to call the dealer to find out when I can bring it in to get the speaker replaced only to deal with assholes that will give me the run around.

I can have a simple problem, for instance, the CD player. They for some unknown reason had to road test my car for 15mins! Like seriously WTF was that?! Every time I take it there, they seem to want to do a road test. How about fix the fucking problem and stop wasting my gas, that I PAID FOR.

Sorry this is one big rant.
    If I knew who to call, I'd file a complaint against the dealer. I am in the process of finding another Chevy dealer to take my car to for any needs it has.
    Last edited by The Unknown 1087; June 7th, 2009 at 10:16 AM.

(Pike County)

Default Re: Car issues.

I would start with a differant dealer. Let them know right off the displeasure with the last dealer. I did this and got the BS over right from the start on the wifes VW. Oil sludge issue, one dealer said car was fine, even though oil pressure light would come on. Second dealer took the car in , told them the BS of the last dealer. They call and said all covered by warentee, even though the car was almost 10K out of it.

To call and complain, just call OBAMA!!! GM is now Government motors..And we the tax payers own a little bit of it...Sorry had to add that...

Either way nothing worse than paying for something . And have to fight to get things repaired.

Snert...

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Dane View Post

My car got recalled once, and never a notice from anyone I found out months later, and even then the dealer hesitated about doing anything because i waited too long...wtf?!

Are you waiting for them to do a recall on your car or are you waiting for too long to bring your car in for a recall?.

Recall is recall, doesn't matter who owns it or how old is it, if it's stills on the road, the recall will applied to it, if the dealer is not willing to do it, call the Factory (I'm not sure in this case since GM is going under).

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by Dane View Post
    So in 2006 I bought my chevy cobalt, I paid in full.

Since I bought that car, it has been nothing but one ass ache after another.

headlights constantly blow out (hasn't happened in awhile), three different times and they say it's nothing to be worried about.

Turn signals go out randomly again getting told "it happens, nothing to worry about".

Drivers side door's latch has jammed either in the open position, or closed either A letting the door open up at random, or B locking me inside. There is a bulletin about it, the dealer the first time used Lube, then a while later it did it again and they said "We wont cover this, we fixed it the last time, it'll be $30 for lube" After complaining to the manager they did it for free but again failed to replace the latch....

CD player broke, they fixed that....

Speaker had some issues (around the same time the lights have their issues), now today finally the one damn speaker has gone out completely...I never have my speakers turned up all the way either.

my car when it's idle will stutter pretty badly, I've taken it to the dealer, even the mechanic said "yeah that shouldn't do that" They do tests and they come out and say "actually that is normal, because the tests say no problem."

What do you guys think?

Serious issues with the car they keep missing? Or just one big ass coincidence? The warranty expires in just a little over 10,000 miles (extended warranty). So I am VERY worried about what happens when I have to start paying. The next car I buy sadly wont be a Chevy, or for that matter a GM, I've lost trust in them.

Now what pisses me off, until September or so, I work 5/6 days a week, Monday my only day off, I have to call the dealer to find out when I can bring it in to get the speaker replaced only to deal with assholes that will give me the run around.

I can have a simple problem, for instance, the CD player. They for some unknown reason had to road test my car for 15mins! Like seriously WTF was that?! Every time I take it there, they seem to want to do a road test. How about fix the fucking problem and stop wasting my gas, that I PAID FOR.

Sorry this is one big rant.
    If I knew who to call, I'd file a complaint against the dealer. I am in the process of finding another Chevy dealer to take my car to for any needs it has.
    Dane, sell the chevy for whatever you can get for it then look for a 97,98,99 Jeep Cherokee,not the grand cherokee, what you get is a vehicle that is stone age tech that will get you anywhere,any time,in any weather.
    redeye202

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Snert View Post
    I would start with a differant dealer. Let them know right off the displeasure with the last dealer. I did this and got the BS over right from the start on the wifes VW. Oil sludge issue, one dealer said car was fine, even though oil pressure light would come on. Second dealer took the car in , told them the BS of the last dealer. They call and said all covered by warentee, even though the car was almost 10K out of it.

To call and complain, just call OBAMA!!! GM is now Government motors..And we the tax payers own a little bit of it...Sorry had to add that...

Either way nothing worse than paying for something . And have to fight to get things repaired.

Snert...
    At least five jokes popped into my head that I could make about that, but all of them would definitely earn me an infraction, methinks...
    Safety is a good tool for tyrants; no one can be against safety.

Μολὼν λαβέ

(Philadelphia County)

Sounds like the last 3 GM cars I had. 95 Formula, 99 Trans Am, and a 2000 WS6 Trans Am. Lights would blow out for no reason. Blinkers would work/not work. Door skin started to come off.
    If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words.

(Allegheny County)

My Googlefu is weak tonight. Where's that bumper sticker that says, "Chevy Cavalier/Cobalt? No thanks, I'd rather walk."

Quote Originally Posted by JIDinPhilly View Post
    Sounds like the last 3 GM cars I had. 95 Formula, 99 Trans Am, and a 2000 WS6 Trans Am. Lights would blow out for no reason. Blinkers would work/not work. Door skin started to come off.
    Those issues are surely annoying, I'll agree. But, how much did that LS1 in your WS6 help you to forget about them? The WS6 T/As were awesome cars. I tried to pick up the last model year or the 40th Edition a few years ago, but could only find the autos. Am I correct in assuming your WS6 had the M6?
    F*S=k

(Lehigh County)

What's wrong with chevy reliability?
    Don't you know 90% of chevys are still on the road

the other 10% actually made it back home.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by ScaredOnce View Post
    My Googlefu is weak tonight. Where's that bumper sticker that says, "Chevy Cavalier/Cobalt? No thanks, I'd rather walk."

Those issues are surely annoying, I'll agree. But, how much did that LS1 in your WS6 help you to forget about them? The WS6 T/As were awesome cars. I tried to pick up the last model year or the 40th Edition a few years ago, but could only find the autos. Am I correct in assuming your WS6 had the M6?
    The Fbody cars were great. Actually, the engine and drive train were awesome. The rest of the car felt like it was built on a Friday before a long weekend. Of course I had the 6 speed. I actually never owned an automatic transmission vehicle. Sorry to hijack this thread OP.
    If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by SeaRider View Post
    Are you waiting for them to do a recall on your car or are you waiting for too long to bring your car in for a recall?.

Recall is recall, doesn't matter who owns it or how old is it, if it's stills on the road, the recall will applied to it, if the dealer is not willing to do it, call the Factory (I'm not sure in this case since GM is going under).
    The problem is, is I don't get a notice about it, until however long later.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast