Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Smile D-day remembered, milsurps photo thread

well i was cleaning out the safe today and decided to take some pics and reflect all that gave their lives on the sixth of June 1944. Here are my D-day milsurps and militaria. Please remember that i am the worlds worst photographer, but please feel free to post some of your pics. To start it off..

we have here a 1903A3 made in 1943, Springfield M1, USN ka-bar, and a Rock island 1911(I know not original, but nicely fills the gap).

Here we have my one and only Brit. It is a savage #4mk1 that has the original savage marked micrometer sight.

now we have 2 vet bring-back k98's (the darker one is a 1939 JP Sauer that was actually captured on June 8th 1944), an unknown helmet, a p38, youth knife, and a SA dagger

(Westmoreland County)

Default Re: D-day remembered, milsurps photo thread

Great pics! I gotta get me an M1!

(Thread moved to Gun Pics)

New AR15 Forum! www.AlphaRomeo15.org All AR, No Attitude!

Thank you for moving the thread. I accidently put it in the wrong area. I picked up the m1 at a gun show last year for $400. It functions flawlessly and the barrel is surprisingly good.

(Lebanon County)

The first gound battle was against the southern french men who occupied southern italy, paid the price of freedom by swearing allegiance to the nazi regimen.

The battle was just like dday, and the american, troops were told to hold their fire in case the french men refused to engage their past ally who were defying an evil force, but instead they opened fire with artillery believing to have a chance of what I personally will say was fun of killing the easy american, troop targets in the water then on the beach heads, because the french government agents have all been cowardly faggots like that.

One soldier interviewed said he could hear the shells missing by so little as to that he could actually just reach up, and touch on every single time one landed. He also said that almost all of the men were sea sick, puking over the sides as the boat was heading ashore, and he admitted that he wished that he could have got hit by one of those artillery rounds so that his misery could have been ended right there instantly as he was heading into what would soon be direct machine gun fire.

Source: patton 360, history channel.

My dad took my m1 garand, once to try to fire not it, but just a rifle that shoots a longer cartridge. Once he shot it his hat flew off of his head, and he tumbled back.

He said that he was done shooting it, and then placed it back onto the shooting bench.

(Montgomery County)

With the first picture you posted, I could just see the soldier who could have carried that M1 onto Omaha beach. The men who fought that war and the men and woman who have fought all the battles since are a special breed. I don't think we could ever show enough appreciation as Americans, but we should never stop trying.

(Carbon County)

Nice pictures! Rep sent!
    Shall not be Questioned

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by nattcmars View Post
    well i was cleaning out the safe today and decided to take some pics and reflect all that gave their lives on the sixth of June 1944. Here are my D-day milsurps and militaria. Please remember that i am the worlds worst photographer, but please feel free to post some of your pics. To start it off..

we have here a 1903A3 made in 1943, Springfield M1, USN ka-bar, and a Rock island 1911(I know not original, but nicely fills the gap).

Here we have my one and only Brit. It is a savage #4mk1 that has the original savage marked micrometer sight.

now we have 2 vet bring-back k98's (the darker one is a 1939 JP Sauer that was actually captured on June 8th 1944), an unknown helmet, a p38, youth knife, and a SA dagger
    damn, thats a beautiful collection!!! esp. like the 03a3

(Chester County)

Nice idea for pic thread!

(Monroe County)

one of these days when i get some milsurp items from the WW2 time, ill do a nice pic, cuz ive got quite a few nice German collectors, like Kreigsmarine Officers Ceremonial Daggers, and the K98 and such. but for now youll have to settle for an K98 pic on an out of place woodland camo background.

Guns don't kill people, it's mostly the bullets.

(Dauphin County)

That's a fine collection that you have. I'm working my way up to it. But it looks like you take amazing care of your firearms. Care for them and protect them. They'll do the same for you, just as they have for many others.