Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Luzerne County)

Default Place to shoot, maybe....

If any of you are as frustrated as I am with trying to find a place to shoot, I thought this might be of help to some of you.

Pocono Pistol Club
    http://www.poconopistolclub.com/

I am getting very frustrated with the process of trying to get into one of the local Gun Clubs so my wife and I can shoot. I really don't understand why its such a difficult process. I will just say we are about as "normal" (whatever that means) as you get. Its probably easier getting a job with the CIA then becoming a member of one of the clubs.

I know stroudsburg is a far drive and a pain in the butt to get to from this area, but at least you can show up and shoot. No BS, no "who do you know", no "you aren't local". Like I said, no BS.
    Last edited by 570mountaintop; June 10th, 2009 at 02:07 PM. Reason: typo
    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last... W. Churchill

(Luzerne County)

Default Re: Place to shoot, maybe....

Here is another public place to shoot out in Williamsport. Depending on where you are at it may or may not be easier to get to than Stroudsburg. Like I said before, show up and shoot. Doesn't matter who you know or if your local....

Tripollis Triggers
    http://www.tripolistriggers.com/

I have not had a chance to check this place out, when I do I will give an update on my impressions.
    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last... W. Churchill

(Luzerne County)

Pocono Pistol Club is a beautiful facillity but is to far for me for any sort of regular shooting. I share your pain on the local clubs.
    The only easy day was yesterday
    Does anyone know the number for 9-1-1?

(Luzerne County)

It is a far drive, not convenient at all. I look at it this way, besides not dealing with the hassle of the local clubs, I look at it as supporting gun rights by supporting business owners involved in the firearms business as a whole.

I guess the last straw for me was an experience I had at a local gun shop. I just recently purchased an s&w .38 special for my wife and while talking to the owner I asked him if he knew of any places to shoot. I got the usual answer I get when people local find out I am not local to the area, he said no.

Of course later on I found out during a conversation not related to this that he was a member of a local gun club I was looking into....

Besides being bad for business as I will never go to that store again or recommend it, it was a lie...

He could of said something like this "yes, some gun clubs exists. Such as this place and that place. Its hard to get in and you need to know people, kiss someone’s butt, etc." But he didn't, he just said he didn't know of any....

Its not the first time I have talked to a fellow gun owner who was vague about places to shoot. I guess I was idealistic about the average, run of the mill gun owners like myself helping each other out. I admit I was wrong. Fair enough, I guess its not called a "club" for nothing.

Anyways, that’s why I posted these places to go. So those of you like me without the connections to get into these places have somewhere to shoot. Definitely not a regular place, but bi-weekly or so. Definitely beats not shooting at all or what I have had to put up with....

(Luzerne County)

Tripoli's is very expensive indoor range and you need to buy their lead free ammo.

Just a head's up before you drive there.

(Luzerne County)

I just went to the range at SGL 206 just off of RT 118 near Dallas. Had a good time. Not very busy on a Sunday. 8 positions at a 25 yard distance.

(Monroe County)

Hey 570mountaintop,

If you think Pocono Pistol Club is a supporter of your RKBA you best think again......they are owned by Dunkelberger and he is no friend of your gun rights.

There have been plenty of posts about this outfit and how they are so quick to sell out your rights for his profits.

It is too bad because it is a state of the art facility. You wont find me spending my money there though.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by twoguns View Post
    Hey 570mountaintop,

If you think Pocono Pistol Club is a supporter of your RKBA you best think again......they are owned by Dunkelberger and he is no friend of your gun rights.

There have been plenty of posts about this outfit and how they are so quick to sell out your rights for his profits.

It is too bad because it is a state of the art facility. You wont find me spending my money there though.
    Correct.(jerry dunkelburger owns dunkelburgers sport outfitters and pocono pistol club) I give no money to dunkelburgers and steer everyone I know away from spending their money there. The owner of dunkelburgers got in trouble a few years ago for selling guns illegally to gang members and just about any drug dealer who walked up off the street.

In the face of federal prosecution he made an arrangement with the mayor of new york to have all gun buyers fill out a "secondary government form" which he sends to mayor Bloombergs people. The reason is because all the guns he was selling illegally kept ending up in violent gun crimes inside the new york city area.

THINK AGAIN BEFORE YOU SPEND MONEY THERE.

There are atleast a dozen threads of people talking about this jack ass and if you search the poconorecord.com you will find the articles to prove this.

They fired a friend of mine because when people asked what the secondary "government" form was for, since they never had to fill it out anywhere else, he told them the truth. Well I guess the truth is bad for business at dunks. IMO they should have been shut down.
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

(Luzerne County)

wow, thanks for the info.... that sucks..... Its a really nice place. I really enjoy shooting at the facility. But definitly don't want to support that. Honestly its a pain in the butt driving 80 east so not a big loss.

I guess its back to trying to get a sponser to shoot locally......
    Last edited by 570mountaintop; September 15th, 2009 at 01:46 PM. Reason: typo

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by 570mountaintop View Post
    wow, thanks for the info.... that sucks..... Its a really nice place. I really enjoy shooting at the facility. But definitly don't want to support that. Honestly its a pain in the butt driving 80 east so not a big loss.

I guess its back to trying to get a sponser to shoot locally......
    Yeah thats your best bet. The majority of gun owners I know don't do business with dunks or pocono pistol club.

The thing with private clubs is just getting your name on the waiting list.
    Sometimes its a year or two wait, or like the one I just put my name on its a 6 to 8 year wait. They don't accept new members until the current ones die.
    It's a really nice club with a couple hundred acres of land, u can do your hunting there. You know, 5 years from now when I'm least expecting it I'll get a call and then I'm in for life.
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast