Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    (Westmoreland County)

Default Re: Glock 29-10mm vs. my current 40 S&W?????

No lead through Glocks. But replacement barrels are relatively inexpensive, if you shop around. You know you're going to buy that 10mm. So go ahead and buy the Glock 29.

CURVER.......I HAVE HAD MANY SEMI PISTOLS AND BOUGHT ONE OF THE FIRST G-20 MADE MANY YEARS AGO AND ALSO HAVE A G-29. AS A RELOADER, I KNEW LONG AGO THE 10 MM ROUND WAS HOT. I HAD 9MM BEFORE AND ALSO 45 S .I GOT SICK OF THE WIMPINESS OF THE 9MM AND WANTED A PISTOL WITH SOME SERIOUS HORSEPOWER AND ALSO ONE I DIDNT NEED A WHEELBARROW TO CARRY IT AROUND.FOR ALL PRACTICAL PURPOSES, THERE IS NO REASON NOT TO GET A 10MM,UNLESS YOUR SHOOT MANY,MANY ROUNDS A WEEK ,OR UNLESS YOU ARE REAL,REAL SENSITIVE TO RECOIL,WHICH IN MY OPINION,WILL MAKE SOMEONE A POOR SHOT RIGHT FROM THE GET GO.ONE CANT BE WORRYING ABOUT RECOIL WHEN SHOOTING ANY FIREARM. I HAVE PEOPLE OVER SHOOTING ALL THE TIME AND FLINCHING FROM RECOIL IS THE NUMBER ONE PROBLEM FOR POOR PERFORMANCE WITH EITHER RIFLES OR PISTOLS. THE 1OMM IS SO VERSATILE. YOUR CAN BUY LOADS THAT ARE RED HOT ,OR WEAKER LOADS FOR PLINKING. YOU CAN BUY A .40 S#W BARREL AND SHOOT .40 IF YOU WISH. I THINK THE F.B.I. SCREWED UP BIGTIME WHEN THEY THREW AWAY THE 10MM FOR THE .40 SLOW AND WEAK. THE .40 S&W CANT COME CLOSE TO THE RAW POWER OF THE 10MM . I HAVE NO PROBLEM GETTING AMMO,ALTHOUGH IT ISNT CHEAP.ITS PRETTY HARD TO FIND A GUN AS EASY TO SHOOT AS EITHER THE G20 OR THE G29 AND STILL HAVE ALL THAT POWER IF YOU NEED IT.THE DOUBLE TAP AMMO IS STRONG!I BELLIVE THE 10MM WILL HAVE A COMEBACK OF SORTS BASED ON THE WEIGHT OF ITS FANTASTIC BALLISTICS AND CONSUMERS FINALLY DOING SOME RESEARCH, IN MY OPINION, THE .40 S&W, .45 GAP,.357 SIG DONT HOLD A CANDLE TO ANY 10MM. THE .45 GAP REALLY MAKES ME WONDER, DOES ANYONE REALLY THINK THIS ROUND WAS A GOOD IDEA? ANYWAYS, JUST MY THOUGHTS./.........

(Westmoreland County)

If you're not a LEO and don'plan on using the 10mm in competitions like IPSC, etc. The recoil and follow up shots should be a non factor. Some men are always looking for More Power. Personnally? I prefer the POW over the pfttt.
    Some people feel the rain. Others just get wet.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234