Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast
    (Susquehanna County)

Default Obama acknowledges US history with Iran (The Obama Mideast Tour Thread)

We're sorry again

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090604/..._us/obama_iran

Obama acknowledges US history with Iran

Thu Jun 4, 6:29 am ET
    CAIRO – President Barack Obama says the United States will proceed with courage, rectitude and resolve when dealing with Iran.

Obama acknowledges the United States' role in overthrowing the democratically elected Iranian government during the last century. Obama says it's going to be difficult to overcome decades of mistrust.

Obama is in Cairo delivering a speech to the Muslim world and says he has made clear to Iran's leaders that he wants to move forward and build a future together.

Obama says the United States is willing to move forward with mutual respect and without preconditions. Obama says that approach would prevent a nuclear arms race in the region.

Obama says no single nation should decide which countries have nuclear weapons.
    Last edited by RocketFoot; June 4th, 2009 at 04:56 PM.

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Obama acknowledges US history with Iran

His speech in Cairo was actually one of the few speeches I've heard by him that contained more substance than style, and, in terms of our government's short-sighted and selfish Cold War foreign policy in the Middle East and Muslim world, was pretty much accurate.

Still, talk is cheap.
    Last edited by Eugene V. Debs; June 4th, 2009 at 10:31 AM.
    "When law becomes despotic, morals are relaxed, and vice versa."-- Honore de Balzac, The Wild Ass's Skin...huh, huh..Balzac...Wild Ass...huh, huh

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by larrymeyer View Post
    We're sorry again

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090604/..._us/obama_iran

Obama acknowledges US history with Iran

Thu Jun 4, 6:29 am ET
    CAIRO – President Barack Obama says the United States will proceed with courage, rectitude and resolve when dealing with Iran.

Obama acknowledges the United States' role in overthrowing the democratically elected Iranian government during the last century. Obama says it's going to be difficult to overcome decades of mistrust.

Obama is in Cairo delivering a speech to the Muslim world and says he has made clear to Iran's leaders that he wants to move forward and build a future together.

Obama says the United States is willing to move forward with mutual respect and without preconditions. Obama says that approach would prevent a nuclear arms race in the region.

Obama says no single nation should decide which countries have nuclear weapons.
    Ohhh this is gonna turn out well....
    There's nothing that can be said to these whackos that's going to prevent them form pursuing their dream of destroying Israel and the USA.

(Philadelphia County)

Default Obama's responsibility is to fight "negative stereotypes of Islam"

http://canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/11660

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009...-muslim-world/

"That experience guides my conviction that partnership between America and Islam must be based on what Islam is, not what it isn't. And I consider it part of my responsibility as president of the United States to fight against negative stereotypes of Islam wherever they appear," Obama said to applause. He said neither Muslims nor Americans, though, can fit the "crude stereotype" they are sometimes assigned.
    And I consider you to be a completely incompetent CinC, Mr. President.

Default Re: Obama's responsibility is to fight "negative stereotypes of Islam"

and here i thought it was to uphold the constitution...

(Somerset County)

Quote Originally Posted by cigarmanpa View Post
    and here i thought it was to uphold the constitution...
    Silly you . That would only be true of a president that actually cared about this nation .
    Don't blame me ; I voted for an American .

(Bucks County)

The accomplishments he attributed to Islam in this speech were totally bogus. No mention of the American blood spilt or money spent in defending Muslim countries. This guy makes Pinocchio look like an honest puppet.
    The really disturbing part however is how the media just lets him get away with lie after lie and all the Anti-American diatribes. This dude really has it in for this country.
    It is sickening that this once great country is going down this path.

(Susquehanna County)

Default The Full Text of Barack Obama's Speech

The Full Text of Barack Obama's Speech here

http://www.spiegel.de/international/...html#ref=nlint

Quote Originally Posted by larrymeyer View Post
    We're sorry again
    Oh, come on, Larry. You're not acknowledging the achievement this represents for the Obama administration. It's yet another first! In the history of the United States, no other president has checked the "Make pretty Middle-Eastern speech and promise to throw money at the problem" box on the Necessary Presidential Achievements checklist as early in his tenure as Obama did!

Good job, O! Keep up the good work!
    Last edited by FNG19; June 4th, 2009 at 01:58 PM.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by PocketProtector View Post
    The accomplishments he attributed to Islam in this speech were totally bogus. No mention of the American blood spilt or money spent in defending Muslim countries. This guy makes Pinocchio look like an honest puppet.
    Blood:

The situation in Afghanistan demonstrates America's goals, and our need to work together. Over seven years ago, the United States pursued al Qaeda and the Taliban with broad international support. We did not go by choice, we went because of necessity. I am aware that some question or justify the events of 9/11. But let us be clear: al Qaeda killed nearly 3,000 people on that day. The victims were innocent men, women and children from America and many other nations who had done nothing to harm anybody. And yet Al Qaeda chose to ruthlessly murder these people, claimed credit for the attack, and even now states their determination to kill on a massive scale. They have affiliates in many countries and are trying to expand their reach. These are not opinions to be debated; these are facts to be dealt with.
    Money:

On education, we will expand exchange programs, and increase scholarships, like the one that brought my father to America, while encouraging more Americans to study in Muslim communities. And we will match promising Muslim students with internships in America; invest in on-line learning for teachers and children around the world; and create a new online network, so a teenager in Kansas can communicate instantly with a teenager in Cairo.

On economic development, we will create a new corps of business volunteers to partner with counterparts in Muslim-majority countries. And I will host a Summit on Entrepreneurship this year to identify how we can deepen ties between business leaders, foundations and social entrepreneurs in the United States and Muslim communities around the world.

On science and technology, we will launch a new fund to support technological development in Muslim-majority countries, and to help transfer ideas to the marketplace so they can create jobs. We will open centers of scientific excellence in Africa, the Middle East and Southeast Asia, and appoint new Science Envoys to collaborate on programs that develop new sources of energy, create green jobs, digitize records, clean water, and grow new crops. And today I am announcing a new global effort with the Organization of the Islamic Conference to eradicate polio. And we will also expand partnerships with Muslim communities to promote child and maternal health.

All these things must be done in partnership. Americans are ready to join with citizens and governments; community organizations, religious leaders, and businesses in Muslim communities around the world to help our people pursue a better life.

Quote Originally Posted by PocketProtector View Post
    The really disturbing part however is how the media just lets him get away with lie after lie and all the Anti-American diatribes. This dude really has it in for this country.
    From the speech:

So I have known Islam on three continents before coming to the region where it was first revealed. That experience guides my conviction that partnership between America and Islam must be based on what Islam is, not what it isn't. And I consider it part of my responsibility as President of the United States to fight against negative stereotypes of Islam wherever they appear.

But that same principle must apply to Muslim perceptions of America. Just as Muslims do not fit a crude stereotype, America is not the crude stereotype of a self-interested empire. The United States has been one of the greatest sources of progress that the world has ever known. We were born out of revolution against an empire. We were founded upon the ideal that all are created equal, and we have shed blood and struggled for centuries to give meaning to those words - within our borders, and around the world. We are shaped by every culture, drawn from every end of the Earth, and dedicated to a simple concept: E pluribus unum: "Out of many, one."

Much has been made of the fact that an African-American with the name Barack Hussein Obama could be elected President. But my personal story is not so unique. The dream of opportunity for all people has not come true for everyone in America, but its promise exists for all who come to our shores - that includes nearly seven million American Muslims in our country today who enjoy incomes and education that are higher than average.
    Quite the anti-American diatribe!

Before anyone else embarrasses themselves, let's all read the entire thing.

Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast