Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Centre County)

Thumbs down East Coast Gun Sales bait and switch!!!

I have been to there store many times and left with great products at a great price but they seem to be going in the wrong direction.

I made the trip(90 miles round trip) to there store the other night and left wondering why I would go to a place like that and spend any money ever again.

I watch there web site as they have a newer site up and are always adding and changing things. I saw the other day they had 204 hornady ammo for under $15 a box. I thought to myself thats a screamin deal and figured I would drive up and get stocked up on it. I figured it wouldnt hurt to call ahead and make sure there was at least 20 boxes of it there at the store and there was and I tried to check the price on it and the guy on the phone told me that sounds right but he wasnt at a computer ok thats no problem so I get into the truck and drive the 45 miles up there only to find out that the best price on the ammo is $17.85 per box. I was pretty mad about that because thats the price I can get it for locally. The guy waiting on us was informed about the price and he just said he didnt know and this is the price how many do you want and are you ready to check out. Also I got back on the internet when I got home to see what the price was on the ammo and it was another price $16.73. This also made my pretty mad because the guy that waited on us got onto there web site to check and see what the price was and he still told me the $17.85 not the lower price that was on there site. What are they doing up there???? At this point I am like why is he trying to hurry us out of the store????? Needless to say I didnt leave with the 20 boxes I went there to buy.

Problem two!!!

I had some questions about a mako magnifier that i have mounted on my ar and they looked at me like I was crazy. I described the problem to them in great detail and the guy that waited on me with the ammo just said he didnt know witch is fine and then he says let me ask this other guy. I am like ok any help would be great and I explained the situation to him and He just looked at me and says well you do relize when you shrink your stock 1 postion its only like 1 1/2". And then comes off with your sure you have a 6 position stock and not a 4. At this point I am thinking there is no way this guy even has a clue. I replied to him yes I know what stock i have and yes I know its only 1 1/2". But 1 1/2" is a big difference when the eye relief is only 1 5/8".

Anyway I guess that enough said.

Buyer beware of the old bait and switch at East Coast Gun Sales and there not so nice staff!!!! I dont need to drive 90 miles round trip to be treated badly and given the price switch.

(Adams County)

Default Re: East Coast Gun Sales bait and switch!!!

You should have printed out the ad online before you went.

I always do that when I am doing what you did. I've been burned before too.
    Adams County Sport Handgunners Association - President

(Delaware County)

I placed a test order for a few boxes of ammo to see how they are. It should arrive today.

But you seriously drove 90 miles round trip to save $2.85 a box.

With gas prices going up, you would have barely broken even. Ditto on having them pull up the site to check.

(Blair County)

[QUOTE=gotmud21;761359]
    Problem two!!!

I had some questions about a mako magnifier that i have mounted on my ar and they looked at me like I was crazy. I described the problem to them in great detail and the guy that waited on me with the ammo just said he didnt know witch is fine and then he says let me ask this other guy. I am like ok any help would be great and I explained the situation to him and He just looked at me and says well you do relize when you shrink your stock 1 postion its only like 1 1/2". And then comes off with your sure you have a 6 position stock and not a 4. At this point I am thinking there is no way this guy even has a clue. I replied to him yes I know what stock i have and yes I know its only 1 1/2". But 1 1/2" is a big difference when the eye relief is only 1 5/8".
    [QUOTE]

I was the "this other guy" in question, and I have a slightly different recollection of the events.

Mr. Gotmud21 told us that the problem with he was having was that with his Eotech and Mako magnifier, he was getting scope bitten, when firing this set up on his .450 Bushmaster. When the stock was all the way in, the eye relief was good, but he was getting bitten, and with the stock in any other position, he was unable to get eye relief comfortably. I recommended that he extend the stock one notch. I never said that one notch was 1 1/2 inches, I said "do you realize that one notch is only this much?" and held my fingers about 1/2 inch apart. (Yes, I just looked at a six position tube, and the holes are no more than 1/2 inch apart.) Which is well inside the 1 5/8" eye relief that the Mako apparently has.

I told him to try to adjust the stock, because I don't like to tell people that they've spent their money on the wrong thing. The Eotech magnifiers are made with a short eye relief, because they are designed to use on relatively low recoiling firearms, which I highly suspect a .450 Bushmaster is not. In other words, just because you can fit them together, doesn't mean they are designed to work together.

Instead of telling a customer that he had spent good money on the wrong equipment, I offered a viable solution within the limitations of the equipment.

I may not have a clue, but I know that if your scope has 1 5/8" of eye relief, and you are getting smacked in the face when the scope is 1 5/8" from your eye, you either need a lighter recoiling rifle, or a scope with longer eye relief.
    PREPARE FOR BATTLE

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by DPB View Post
    I may not have a clue, but I know that if your scope has 1 5/8" of eye relief, and you are getting smacked in the face when the scope is 1 5/8" from your eye, you either need a lighter recoiling rifle, or a scope with longer eye relief.
    That is too true! I have a cheepy scope with short eye relief on my .308 and it cuts my face every time i shoot. But when i switch it over to a better scope with longer eye relief it goes fine....
    Semper Fi

gotmud21... I have never dealt with them, but I would have asked to speak with the manager/owner and inform them of the lower price that you saw on the web and then have them take you to the website and let you see what the price says.

I'd still talk with the manager/owner and let them know what the problem was. Maybe they'll do something nice for you to make up for it (gift card or something?)

Curious as to what the bait and switch was since u didn't get anything?! Did you verify with them Internet pricing is the same as in store? Because many of the smaller, non giant chain stores with websites will have different pricing for many different reasons, also don't they have a buy online pick up in store option on their website(could be mistaken on this, bit thought I saw it)?

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by Roundboy View Post
    I placed a test order for a few boxes of ammo to see how they are. It should arrive today.

But you seriously drove 90 miles round trip to save $2.85 a box.

With gas prices going up, you would have barely broken even. Ditto on having them pull up the site to check.
    Its $2.85 x how many boxes of ammo. I was looking at 20 and a buddy of mine was also looking so it all adds up.

(Centre County)

I never said I didnt buy anything. But when they advertise a price for something and you go to buy it and then they put the price up thats just not the way to do buisness. As you can see I am not the only one this has happened to just read the other posts

Quote Originally Posted by XD45 View Post
    Curious as to what the bait and switch was since u didn't get anything?! Did you verify with them Internet pricing is the same as in store? Because many of the smaller, non giant chain stores with websites will have different pricing for many different reasons, also don't they have a buy online pick up in store option on their website(could be mistaken on this, bit thought I saw it)?

(Centre County)

This was tried after the fact in a email. We are still waiting on a reply from the owner!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by HiredGoon View Post
    gotmud21... I have never dealt with them, but I would have asked to speak with the manager/owner and inform them of the lower price that you saw on the web and then have them take you to the website and let you see what the price says.

I'd still talk with the manager/owner and let them know what the problem was. Maybe they'll do something nice for you to make up for it (gift card or something?)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast