Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast
    (Franklin County)

Default Introduce Yourself...

Just thought I'd try to get a thread started to get some activity back in the Franklin County section. In here, just introduce yourself if you feel comfortable with that, tell a little about yourself, family, long walks on the beach, etc..

For starters, my name is Matt. I was born and raised in the Chambersburg Area, I currently reside near the Chambersburg Mall. I'm 22 and I work at Manitowoc (aka Grove Crane) in Greencastle. I'm trying to get started in Law Enforcement but not having VP, I'm finding it quite difficult.

I often go up to the Michaux range to shoot but I'm trying to find time to make it up to St. Thomas. I have a Beretta 9mm and a Remington 597 .22LR that I enjoy plinking with.

(Mercer County)

Default Re: Introduce Yourself...

Welcome to the board!

(Franklin County)

Thumbs up Re: Introduce Yourself...

I also live near the chambersburg mall. I own pistols, rifles, shotguns. Nowadays I find myself more into sporting clays than anything else. I've been a member of the Chambersburg Rod & Gun club for a little less than a year now and I think it is the best thing I ever did. Great bunch of people that just enjoy shooting.
    Nice ranges also - much better than caledonia - you don't have to deal with the "public" jerks that shoot up the signs becuase basically they are morons.

Name is Brian - just turned 40 - kinda sucks but as my wife says she has three kids - me being the third. Have a son (10) and a daughter (6).
    Enjoy riding my motorcycles when I can - have a Yamaha Venture and a KLR 650 that most time can be seen cruising around in caledonia on the dirt roads.
    Well happy shootin - keep it safe

Just wanted to post and say Hi. My name is Walt and I was born and raised in Chambersburg. Moved to California 6 years ago and moved back in May. Before my firearms were stolen in a residential theft, I had a Beretta M9 and a G23.

(Franklin County)

This is a fantastic idea for a thread. +K to you. Your thread inspired me to create a similar one in the Adams forum.

(Franklin County)

Hey bb4261

I live near the Cburg mall too! I'm further out on 997 near Ridge Road. It's awsome to see so many local people. We have tons in the area. We need to organize a meet and greet for the spring/summer or just a little on somehwere over the winter. Coffee & Guns.

Hey Smalls. I live off of Ragged Edge and hunt near ridge road.

(Franklin County)

Maybe we can get something together with some of the people in the area. We could get a couple of dates and see what we could do. We need to give some people time to reply though - I see alot of posts people put on saying their going shooting tomorrow and wonder if anyone can make it.

Brian

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by bb4261 View Post
    Maybe we can get something together with some of the people in the area. We could get a couple of dates and see what we could do. We need to give some people time to reply though - I see alot of posts people put on saying their going shooting tomorrow and wonder if anyone can make it.

Brian
    I'd like to see this happen to before winter hits full force. I know Red Run Grill used to be gun friendly but they aren't there anymore. I don't know of too many other places locally. I'm going to have to talk to the owners of Montezumas and see what their stance is. I usually am in their quite a bit.

Or perhaps we could just have a guns and coffee or something at someones residence. Just a general "shoot the shit" type of event.

Or you have Shooters Delight which we could do like a handgun meet and eat. I'm not sure if we could get a group discount or not. I'd have to ask if a few people are interested.

(Franklin County)

Hey guys, I'm Spike. I became a member when Rotz had the open carry case going on and went to it, but have lost touch since that spring.

anyways I'm a 35 y/o guy that likes to shoot pistols, rifles and shotgun. I live in Chambersburg on the East side near the hospital.

I'm currently a member of the pistol and rifle club on Cider Press Rd. GREAT place to shoot! I love it there!

I'm currently trying to stay active, especially with my pistol (Taurus PT-92/S&W 422) 2-3 times a week. Rifle (AK-47) doesn't get as much play as it should, but am open to using it or my shotgun (Mossberg 500A) for range time if the chance arises.

Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast